“Best B & B/SPA!!!”
Review of Great Stone Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidney
Great Stone Castle
Ranked #1 of 2 Sidney B&B and Inns
Toledo, Ohio
“Best B & B/SPA!!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'm reluctant to tell anyone how wonderful this B &B/spa is. It is a truly hidden gem. The host was welcoming. The décor amazing antiques, Beautiful room w/gas fireplace. Spa services were excellent and as a package superb. Not sure why anyone would rate this anything but perfect!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ilise002

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Nothing bad to say about the Stone Castle. I used to live across the street and was looking forward to seeing the castle inside. Not disappointed. The staff was very attentive, easy off street parking, nice setting. The room was clean, the water pressure in the shower was great, and the water was hot. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very large and well appointed with a couch and flat screen TV. It had a walk-in closet, seperate bathroom and seperate shower/toliet room. Very quiet for sleeping. Breakfast was made to order. Could have stayed a week, but was only there two nights. Priced at only slightly more that the boxes out by the interstate. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jeff W
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I just had my wedding at GreatStone and loved it!! Jerome was fantastic and very attentive to my every need. He made the day a perfect wedding for me and my new husband. And the place looked beautiful! Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chillywilly413
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I recently participated in a wedding held at this location and I can say with great confidence that I would not recommend it to anyone expecting courteous, professional service. At the time we had the wedding the power went out due to a violent thunderstorm and they wanted to charge the wedding party for using their generator for 1 hour (over 100 dollars). Also they would not let the wedding party into the facilities prior to 2pm (wedding was at 4pm) because they claimed it would take longer to set up. However, when we arrived early we found that they were only giving tours of the place. The in-house DJ did not play the requested songs for the bride and groom, and they cut the reception short by one hour from what was agreed upon because the owners were tired and wanted everyone to leave. The two owners did not communicate and often were quoting different prices for services as well. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Shawn Z
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We were going to OHio for our granddaughters lst birthday. I had always wanted to stay at a traditional B&B when staying in America, and Greatstone Castle seemed perfect. We could not get our first choice of room, but thought they would all be of a standard, as the B&B was not cheap. We arrived a day earlier, there was no problem as the B&B was empty. We were shown to our room, my husband asked where he could put clothes as all drawers and cupboards were filled with bedding etc the response was Americans do not like to unpack due to bedbugs. As a result of this comment, I could not sleep well, also there was no air conditioning on, this came on when more visitors arrived. The room had an old dusty Christmas tree behind the bed, and more dusty artificial flowers, which added to the drab feel of the room. The only attention our room received was rubbish bin emptied and coffee cups changed, but they had left a note asking for 20 pc tip which we ignored. We tried to book another hotel, but there was a sporting event on that weekend so had to stay. We will in future stick to staying in hotels

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Angel696
Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My husband and I discovered the GreatStone Castle and what a wonderful experiance! We booked the Celebration package which was a very resonably priced package which included a 1/2 hour mineral bath followed by a one hour couples massage which was like heaven. We stayed in the Birdseye Chamber which was so beautiful and the bed was amazing! The breakfast in the morning was very nice.

The entire castle was very clean, one thing that stood out to me was how nice everything smelled.

We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kellerman99
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2006

Recently my friend and I spent a night at the Great Stone Castle in Sidney, Ohio. It was originally a home for over 80 years and now is used for weddings, etc. There are four rooms, I believe used as a bed and breakfast. It was wonderful. The basement has been converted into a small spa. We started off with a massage very reasonably priced. Our room consisted of two beds, one queen and one double. We had three Christmas trees in our room as they had started decorating for the holidays. We were free to roam all about the house. Breakfast was light - fruit and selected fruit breads, coffe, teas, and juice, but it was served in the breakfast room. We had cookies, nuts, and candies, soda, teas, and coffee in the hall when we arrived. And we were the only two guest that evening. If you go during the week they offer a room reduction with two hours of spa services, so we had a fantastic offer! Great for a girls weekend or a romantic eveing with a spouse.

8 Thank travelbell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Hampton Inn Sidney
#3 of 4 in Sidney
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Piqua

Been to Great Stone Castle? Share your experiences!