Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
US$147
US$133
Hampton.com
US$150
Quality Inn & Suites(Oakwood Village)
US$73
US$153
US$140
GardenInn.com
US$59
Cleveland Marriott East(Warrensville Heights)
US$209
US$201
  • Pool
US$78
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshome away from homemovie theaterbreakfast and dinnersmall kitchenfitness centerroom was cleanvisit familyevening receptiongreat place to stayenjoyed my staybusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastliving areawould stay here againstaff was very friendly and helpfulpleasant stayyogurt
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Hotel was so clean, staff was attentive and friendly, food was good, room was clean and bed so comfortable. I even saw a manger wiping the floor when someone had made a spill! Really a very nice Homewood Suites and I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cakeshak
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was very disappointed in this Homewood Suites. We have made Homewood our number one choice when travelling as a family and this one is below standard in one key respect: customer service. While some employees were pleasant, many were downright rude or non-responsive during our stay. We booked a roll away bed when we booked on line only to be informed when we got there that this hotel doesn't have roll aways (why have this an option on your website then?). We asked on two separate occasions to be moved to a larger room, perhaps a room with two Queen beds, and the desk clerk said she would leave a note for the GM to contact us on Monday but no one did. Our son burnt his hand on the popcorn maker in the lobby, there was no warning sign about one part of the popper being hot. The food was variable in taste and quality, the bacon was burnt on Sunday and the employee hosting breakfast on July 31 was rude and abrupt with several guests including us. The kitchen and room is much smaller than other Homewoods. I will be contacting the corporate offices of Homewood and inform them of our negative experience particularly in contrast to our recent stay at the Southpointe Pittsburgh Homewood which had much better and friendlier staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank habsfan93
Homewoodsolon, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. I apologize for the information on the website not being correct regarding the roll-away bed. I have taken the appropriate measures to have this corrected. The next time you are in Cleveland we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We have stayed here several times when we came back to visit family in the Cleveland area. I don't know whether the stellar experiences we've had in the past raised the bar in what I expected this time or what but I am feeling let down this time. So you can appreciate where I'm coming from, my past experiences were such that one time in advance of our visit I was debating whether we should bring the General Manager flowers. It really was that special.

We are here on a four night visit. The room is fine, basically what you would expect in a newer Homewood Suites. Everything is okay, but it is not how TripAdvisor's 4 point rating "very good". Mostly our experience has lacked attention to detail I would have expected. Here are some examples:

- We added a note to our reward points reservation that we would pay $$ for a 2 bedroom unit if it were available. I don't fault the hotel for not giving us one, but the young lady who checked us in never even mentioned it to us.
- The front desk was staffed by only one person every time I looked, even in busy periods. I had to wait for help every time I was looking for something except one.
- Seems like they changed the deposit policy somehow and people are really upset about it. I don't understand what it is but they now make you sign something when you check in (I guess I should have read it!)
- Housekeeping was really below average. We only let them clean the room once, and they did not restock paper products, empty the dishwasher or do anything with the pile of dirty linens we put on the floor for them (yes, I mean that literally we took dirty linens from the sleeper sofa and piled them in a heap next tot he door and they didn't even move them).
- When we got to our room there were still dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- Breakfast foods, which I remembered to be extraordinary, were highly variable. No hotel wanting a four star rating or above should be serving the frozen egg food patties claiming to be omelets. Sometimes the food was great. Others it was disappointing. Today (Monday) the bacon was terrific but other days it (or the sausage) was plain old bad. The one saving grace for breakfast is the waffle station with whipped cream and fresh fruit - very nice touch.
- Front desk staff did not seem aware of little things you would tihnk they'd know. For example, there are flyers on the front desk for a restaurant. The GM of the restaurant has the same last name as the GM for the hotel. I asked about the relationship and they had no idea. Listen, if you are going to put collateral at the front desk the personnel there should know something about it.

It could be that three stars is too low. If there was a 3 1/2 option I would have chosen it. The location is okay. It's right across from a terrific Chinese restaurant (Hunan of Solon). The staff is friendly, if overworked. Of course it's great to have a mini-kitchen in the hotel room.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 16 or 18 as they are next to the dumpster and the trash guy may wake you up.
Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Homewoodsolon, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites Cleveland/Solon. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the area's that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. We also regret that you did not have a consistent dining experience at the hotel. We are constantly working to improve our menu items and appreciate the feedback. I hope that if you travels bring you back to Solon that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Very Friendly staff, from the front desk manager, to the breakfast lady (who was simply fabulous - very friendly and accomodating.)

The room was a typical homewood suite - ie one bedroom with sleeper sofa and small kitchenette - although instead of having a regular door between bedroom and living room it had a strange bifold door that did not close properly.

Swimming pool was nice. Breakfast was typical.

I would stay here again if ever the need arises.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2011

After my wife had unexpected heart bypass surgery at the Five-Star Cleveland Clinic, and a very uncomfortable, un-air-conditioned stay for 12 days at the Intercontinental Suites on the clinic campus, we aborted our plan to stay another night there and moved to the Homewood Suites in Solon, about 30 minutes away, where we had stayed before. We paid the AAA rate of 100.80 + $16.38 in taxes, and stayed in a king bed “accessible” studio suite. On a previous 4-night stay to visit family in October 2010, we stayed in a king bed one bedroom suite at the same hotel for $102 + $15.56 in taxes, but none were available on this trip due to the last minute circumstances. We were just happy to get a cool night’s rest some 8 nights after my wife had undergone major surgery.

This review will apply to both stays. Each room was cool, clean, well appointed, and comfortable. Both king beds were clean and comfortable as well. The one bedroom layout was larger than the studio, but the “accessible” studio was also pretty big - and the bathroom was oversized. Both had small but adequate kitchenettes. The hotel itself is located in a lightly traveled, relatively new business park area near the end of a cul-de-sac off of Aurora Road (SR 43), with a Hampton Inn on the same street. Families with children should feel comfortable here. There is a Longhorn steakhouse nearby with pretty good food and a good bar. There is also a KFC and a Mexican restaurant on the same street, and a multiplex theater complex next door.

The staff was friendly and accommodating during both stays, and the complimentary breakfast was as good as any complimentary breakfast I have had in any hotel. In October they served a different variety of hot dishes each day, as I assume they still do. Each day the hot food was plentiful and good.

On average, I stay in hotels/motels about 30-40 nights per year. I try to pick AAA 3 diamond rooms or better. It is hard to fine a room as nice as this in any area under $100 anymore, so the price seemed fair to me. We were very happy to get a cool room in a nice facility after spending twice as much per night at the Intercontinental Suites with no breakfast, no parking and no air conditioning.

My experience has been that Homewood Suites in general offer spacious rooms with a complimentary hot breakfast and free parking for all guests at a reasonable price. Consequently, I try to find one wherever I travel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business