“Very nice hotel, fairly convenient to I-80”

SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family stayed in this hotel on a road trip in which we were travelling I-80 west to Chicago. The hotel is not right on I-80 (probably about a 15 minute drive), but the nicer hotels right on the Interstate were booked, so we tried this.

My kids (teenaged girls) loved the modern style, and the grown-ups liked the size of the room: two queen beds, a sleeper sofa, large desk, flat screen TV, alarm clock with iPod dock, and small kitchen area. Very clean and bright. I was concerned about the rooms that we were given (right next to the elevator and electrical rooms), but it was very quiet.

The staff at the desk were very helpful in suggesting restaurants and nearby attractions. Breakfast was good, including waffles, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, and plenty of cold options. The hotel also offers a complimentary reception (with appetizers and alcoholic drinks) - we missed it, but it looked very nice. Didn't swim, but the pool area looked nice. My son was impressed with the fitness facilities, which included free weights (hard to find in many hotels). Overall, a little pricier than our usual hotel stay (we usually stay at a Hampton Inn), but I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Kathbowg,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Springhill Suites. The size of our rooms is always a welcomed amenity when traveling with family. As you mentioned, the hotel is trendy regarding its design with clean, fresh appeal. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well as the fitness center with free weights. Thank you for staying at Marriott and I hope to see you and your family back real soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We recently stayed here for one night on our way through Ohio during a roadtrip. Our contact with hotel staff was minimal, but adequate. The hotel is clearly going for a modern vibe which at times is a bit much, but is merely aesthetic. Our room was large and had more than enough space for the two of us and all of our abundant luggage. There is a small kitchen area which included your average hotel suite utilities. The provided toiletries were Paul Mitchell. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. We did not use the pool area as it was very busy, but it looked nice. The fitness center has two treadmills which we used and a couple of other machines. The included breakfast was slightly above average (I would recommend their muffins). The neighborhood seemed to have mostly quite commercial or light industrial businesses and the hotel has a steakhouse and a Mexican restaurant right next door. On the whole, if you don't mind paying a few extra bucks for a nicer experience, this is a great choice. The neighborhood seems quiet and safe, rooms are large and clean, and we had no real complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily F

Dear Emily F,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite, breakfast, and had time to maintain a healthy lifestyle by being able to utilize our fitness center. As you mentioned, the hotel is in a very good area with local restaurants within walking distance. I will end with one more fact about the City of Solon, Ohio. On Yahoo Travel, Solon was ranked #3 in 2011 as one of the best small cities.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The room was a nice size. The hotel was clean and modern. Breakfast overall was very good
with several selections. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful with
suggestions on what to do in the area for fun. Lynn at the front desk was very friendly and offered the most information she couldn't have been nicer to my family. Is it possible to have Lynn's last name, I would like to send her a Thank You note.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear DB,
Thank you for reviewing the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the spacious, clean suites and the variety of breakfast options available daily. When it comes to guest service, it is the employees, like Lynn, that make our hotel a very memorable experience. Please feel free to mail the thank you note to the attention of Lynn, Front Desk. I process the mail and would be happy to ensure she receives it. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person on a future trip.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed here just one night (wish it had been more!) and really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself is beautifully decorated and in great condition/very clean! Breakfast offered several options, from eggs/sausage to cereal/toast, plus the evening reception with beer/wine was a nice touch. Beds were comfortable, and room was large - four of us stayed comfortably in a room with 2 queen beds plus sofabed. Location made it easy to get to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If we're back in the area in the future, we'll definitely return - highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rcm322

Dear rcm322,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. We wish you could have stayed longer with us as well!!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel staff, breakfast, social hour as well as the spacious suites. We look forward to your return. Until then, take care.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Large rooms. Quiet. Basic. Non-feather pillows are flat and hard. Breakfast is wide variety, but simple. Breakfast not great. Lots of choices, buti minimal quality. Waffles are gummy. Fruit is under-ripe. Exercise room is 2 read mulls and stair climber. Basic stay with basic benefits. Good value but better choices else where.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear BizTravelerNC,
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad you found the hotel to be a good value as well as clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear the complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will look into the fruit being under ripe. In regards to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, the hotel offers these options in addition to the ones you mentioned: stationary bike, free weights, stability equipment, pool, hot tub, and jogging map.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Solon, you will stay with us again.
Take Care!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We loved our stay here. The room was spacious which was awesome since we were traveling with a baby and she requires a lot of stuff. The wet bar area, which included a sink and refrigerator, was especially helpful when it came to washing her bottles. The room was tastefully decorated in a modern contemporary style with the most comfortable beds and pillows. The room had an HDTV with an HDTV signal which was awesome! Most hotels have an HDTV but no HD signal. The free breakfast was good with a variety of foods from which to choose. The Wi-Fi signal was strong in our room; we never had a problem logging onto or staying connected to the Internet. It's a bit far from downtown Cleveland, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Graciedottie

Dear Graciedottie,
Thank you for the feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the spacious room worked well with your family. I realize that traveling with children can be challenging in itself and are glad that the room layout worked well. Hope to see you back real soon.
Take Care!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

As I write this I am sitting by the pool of this wonderful hotel. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful in giving us ideas for things to do. Housekeeping staff very friendly as well. This hotel is very clean and has spacious rooms. They served appetizers in the evenings that were delicious, and breakfast was very good as well. Lots of space in the dining area. Beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked well. My only negative was the hot tub jets were broken during our stay. Our kids really enjoyed the pool too. I tend to be picky about hotels and rarely give 5 stars-but this hotel really deserved it. As my husband put it-these people rock! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debster01

Dear Debster01,
Thank you for writing about your recent experience at the Springhill Suites. I am glad to hear the staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. In addition, the rooms were clean and spacious. It is great that you & your family were able to enjoy the breakfast as well as the social hour. We get so many compliments on the social hour and what is served. We love to create excitment with our guest as they wrap up their day. Please accept my apology for the hot tub jets not working. Unfortunately, the parts were backordered and the repair took longer than anticipated. Hopefully, we will see you back real soon.
Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Beachwood
3 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Village-Cleveland
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Vil...
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!