“Very Clean Hotel but lacks...”

SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Very Clean Hotel but lacks...”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The staff were very friendly and the room was very clean. However the hotels lacks in a few areas. The bed was a bit too firm for me and the size of the bed seemed smaller than a queen. The breakfast was average for a free hotel breakfast. In my opinion hyatt place has a nicer hotel and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank joshua c
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Joshua C,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I do appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear the staff was friendly and the room was very clean. Those attributes are critical to our success in the hospitality industry. In regards to the bed, the size is actually a queen. I have to be honest, I have heard this same feedback from others and I have come to the conclusion that our larger room size creates the optical illusion that the bed is smaller than it really is. Please accept my apology that the firmness of the bed did not meet your needs.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Solon, that you will choose to stay here again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

So we decided to give another Springhill Suites a try - since we liked the ones we went to before. This one though was not as `retro' as the ones we have visited before - the front attendant stated it was about 10 years old so this must have been their first version of the retro style. It was ok - not as funky as the one in Saginaw but still good. We went last week on our anniversary (tried somewhere new) so there was no special occasion with lots of visitors rambling about in the hlass and such. Anyways - I'll get right into the PROs and CONs to save you readers some time;

PROs
- was pretty clean....
- beds were quite comfy
- pool is not far from elevators so you can get out of pool and into elevator without having to pass by open cold doors and infront of other visitors (much).
- 2-3 good restaurants close by - including a steak house!
- once again they had the included breakfast - I don't care what others said - it is good! Saves having to buy something elsewhere.
- staff were very polite and thoughtful - I will leave a special note at the end on what they did for us.
- lots of parking
- this one was paid for completely through Marriot points!
- close to main highway - good access
- not right in heart of Cleveland so not too `busy'.

CONS
- in a primarily industrial area so no retail stores within walking distance - some plazas relatively close by though.
- views around hotel are `eh' / blah.
- they use this cleaner / fragrance that permeates the hotel... rooms and hallways. I am not sure what it is but it was noticeable. Not overpowering or foul... but noticeable. (I tend to like fragrance free).

SUMMARY
Overall, we liked our stay there. The rooms were clean and place was quiet, the beds were comfy, and the staff were cheerful and helpful. When they found out it was our anniversary, they even went and got us a card and all the staff signed it; that was very thoughtful. We will definately consider using this hotel again if we come back to Cleveland.

Room Tip: They have special handicapped larger rooms if need be.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ranger-Reeko
Dear Ranger-Reeko,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Springhill Suites. Please accept my belated, "Happy Anniversary" to you and your spouse. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. In this hotel, we pride ourselves on trying to make everyone feel at home, with a clean room, comfortable beds and breakfast options for all to enjoy.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Solon, you will come visit us again soon!
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The atmosphere of the hotel is nice. The property is in a commercial area so there's really nothing around except for a few restaurants that weren't open on a Sunday morning. The pool area seemed nice, but we did not have a chance to use it. I would recommend this hotel for business or personal travel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin S
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Kevin S,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites by Marriott. We appreciate the nice compliments on our property and staff. We look forward to your return. Have a great holiday!
Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Family with 2 kids traveling and visiting area. Rooms were very nice size with all the needed comforts. Beds were comfy and everything was spotless and clean. Rooms and and property were newly renovated with all new color scheme and furnishings. Very nice. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful with several healthy choices. Will stay again when visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank clearnbreezy
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Clearnbreezy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I agree, the rooms are spacious and this feature really makes traveling with family much easier. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the contemporary design and decor as well. Our breakfast has recently been updated and by your review, your feelings have echoed other guests especially regarding the addition of more heathly items. Take care until your travels bring you back to Solon!
Corona, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I love staying at Marriott in general, but I've had the best experience at this location! I've had excellent service, and everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful. If I'm back in town again, I would def come back to this location. I also would def recommend it to my family and friends!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MicKeyDees
Dear MickeyDees,
Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to share your experience about the Springhill Suites. We would love to welcome you back real soon. Take care !!!
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed August 23rd and 24th shile visiting family for a wedding in the area.Upon arrival we were greeted warmly. The room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast was fresh with a wide variety of food to choose from. The woman running the breakfast (an african american woman) was so kind to everyone. The staff was very helpful unlocking my sister's door when she locked herself out. The room was quiet and you did not hear the usual hotel door slamming. The beds were very comfortable. The only problem with the room was the closet doors which were difficult to open and I never was able to get them closed. We will definitely stay here again when we visit our family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rnonvaca35651
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about the Springhill Suites in Solon, Ohio. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites, fresh and healthy breakfast options and friendly service. Please accept my apology for the closet doors. At times, they can be a challenge to operate with ease. I am looking into a long term solution which will be more user friendly.
Thank you again for choosing Springhill Suites, we do value your business.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 10 August 2013

While outside of Twinsburg, the hotel is convenient to the festival - about a 10 minute drive without traffic. Well-kept property - went the extra mile on a very busy weekend. There are a couple of restaurants across the parking lot - but more options a few minutes south (including a Chipotle and an EarthFare). Good breakfast options. Rooms are typical for SpringHill - we like the extra space in the sitting area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sheaf01
Dear Shearf01,
Thank you for sharing your experience about the Springhill Suites in Solon, Ohio. I am glad to hear you had the opportunity to attend one of the largest festivals in the area-Twins Day. I agree, when traveling, our suites do provide the extra space needed to be comfortable along with our complimentary breakfast buffet to start the day off right. Take care and I look forward to your return trip next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Oakwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!