“First time Stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Colorado, USA
“First time Stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was the first time I had ever stayed at a Marriott-owned property and I must say, it was not what I expected.
I arrived at the Cleveland-Solon SpringHill Suites at the beginning of the first of two snow storms. The hotel worked diligently to keep the parking lot cleared.

The MOD (Manager on Duty) was extremely welcoming and my room was immaculate to say the very least. It was so clean that whatever cleaning agent they used to clean/disinfect the hotel was a bit overwhelming (allergy sufferer/asthmatic). But after acclimating to my new surroundings for a few hours (passing out from the three 12-hour shifts I'd worked and the flight to Akron-Canton from Colorado) the smell was no longer an issue.

The entire room was designed for comfort for the solo, business or family traveler(s). With the use of beautiful spring colors, the room comes equipped with a mini bar area which included a microwave and mini refrigerator; an extremely comfortable bed with lots of pillows and a shower where the water actually stayed inside the tub instead of on the bathroom floor! :)

There is a living/seating area and an ergonomically-friendly workstation.
SpringHill Suites provides Paul Mitchell toiletries, a mini-market, and laundering facilities.
For those interested, there is a pool and whirlpool available that is just as pristine as the rest of the hotel.

Breakfast is served in the main dining area on the first floor and tends to be quite healthy with choices ranging from make your own waffles to yogurts, fruits, cereals and pastries.

Within walking distance on nice days there is a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Longhorn Steakhouse, a sandwich shop and a movie theater Digiplex Solon 16.

For the family, there are amusement parks Geauga Lake and Cedar Point; the Metroparks Zoo, the Great Lakes Science Center and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in downtown Cleveland. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH about 10 minutes from the airport.

For adults, there is shopping at the Aurora Premium Outlets Ohio which is about 20 minutes away from the hotel as well as at Tower City in downtown Cleveland. The Horseshoe Casino is open (downtown Cleveland) and on nice summer days the Jet Express Ferry can be taken across Lake Erie to the Lake Erie Islands where there's lots of history and partying going on.

Upon check-out, the MOD was quite receptive to the suggestion of toning down the cleaning agent and informed me that should I decide to ever stay there again, to call the hotel in advance and they can have the room cleaned without the use of the aromatic agents which is essential for those of us with sensitive noses. Needless to say my first stay was a positive experience and with remarkable staff, I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank SmithSteed
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear SmithSteed,
I want to thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience at the Springhill Suites. I'm glad to hear your first experience to a growing brand was both positive and enjoyable. I hope that you will continue to share you experience with others and I feel your review really touches upon the features and benefits that Springhill Suites has to offer travelers.
Thanks again for taking a risk and trying a new brand! We enjoyed having you and hope to see you back real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

4 day business trip and stayed here as it was close to the office. The location is an industrial area, not much close by. Therefore I recommend that you rent a car to get around, for shopping, restaurants, downtown and other attractions.
The hotel is very clean, the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent with the usual and happily fresh fruit. Good gym and equipment, all with tvs and they provide head phones, swimming pool was a nice size and very quiet as no seemed to use it during the week. They have evening snacks, wine and beer. Great fresh baked cookies. The room is spacious, nice flat screen tv, bed is comfortable and my room was very quiet. Internet was sometimes a problem

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JadepearlToronto
Dear JadepearlToronto,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable with a nice complimentary food and beverage selection. Please accept my apology for the internet. The hotel recently switched internet service providers to offer our guest increased speed and stability. There was some challenges encountered during this changeover but I am confident those challenges are behind us.
I appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back in the near future.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

When we arrived that the Cleveland-Solon Springhill Suites around midnight, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff person at the front desk. We were so tired, and she was so nice -- that got our stay off to a great start. Even as tired as I was, I could see how clean this hotel was - sparkling. It's very tastefully decorated and the breakfast was great. The beds are a little hard and the towels are a little scratchy, but overall this was a hotel stay that exceeded my expectations. I have a son who attends college in the Cleveland area, and I'm sure we will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Drue P
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Annakarenina80,
Thank you for the nice review and compliments. We look forward to your next trip to Cleveland to visit your son at college.
Take Care,
Summerville, GA, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a great hotel, conveniently located near the National Park and Ski areas. The staff was super friendly. The hotel provided large clean rooms. The pool area was clean. The morning breakfast was good. Stayed during a winter storm and appreciated how they provided window scrappers and brushes to borrow. Loved the area and hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Scott G
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Scott G,
Thank you for the glowing review!! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to my staff. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the room, pool and breakfast. The hotel realizes that when getting ready to leave on a trip, it is easy to forget you are traveling to a northern state. This hotel tries to anticipate those guest needs, i.e. ice scrapers and brushes. I was so glad to hear they came in handy. Sorry you had to endure a winter storm but glad the hotel was able to assist. Thank you again for choosing Marriott.
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I chose this hotel because it was a good price point near Cleveland, but there isn't much in the neighborhood. Perhaps this is predominantly a business hotel? The staff was very welcoming, the hotel gym had a good selection of equipment and there were good choices at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andrea D
Dear Andrea D,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. Your right, the hotel is located in a business park but easily accessible to many local area attractions. The attractions are actually closer than you might have realized. If your travels bring you back to the area, please reach out to my staff for things to do locally. They will be happy to assist. Thanks again and take care!
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very impressed with this Springhill Suites. Very friendly a efficient front desk staffClean, nice room, the pool was great for the kids. It was warm and clean. The hot tub was also great. We just checked in today, so we'll check out the breakfast in the morning, but if it follows suit it should be great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ren B
Dear Ren B,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I am glad to hear that your stay with family was a great success. The hotel has made some upgrades to the complimentary buffet breakfast so its always good to receive feedback. If your travels bring you back to this area, Springhill Suites looks forward to being your home away from home. Until then, take care!
Bellbrook, OH
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We usually stay at Marriott properties but we had our first stay at the Springhill Suites this week. The staff was excellent. They were very helpful. We arrived just after the evening "happy hour" and just missed appetizers and wine. The person checking us in offered to get us a glass of wine. Nice touch! The room reminded us of a European model; economy of space but had everything we needed. It was clean with nice amenities. The breakfast buffet was also very good with many choices. Overall we would stay at a Springhill Suites again. I only hope that the staff is as accommodating as the staff at the Solon OH property. We had no problem finding restaurants nearby. We did research on Yelp and came up with varied choices for dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindayt
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Lindayt,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites in Solon. I am so glad to hear your first experience was so positive. Being a newer brand in the Marriott family, please help us spread the word about Springhill Suites to all your friends and family.
I sure hope you have a great holiday season and come back real soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Oakwood Village
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Beachwood

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!