“Very Clean, wonderful pool and hot tub, hugh comfortable rooms”

SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
“Very Clean, wonderful pool and hot tub, hugh comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Loved my stay! I was on business, but felt like vacation once I got back to the room. Very clean hotel! STAFF WAS THE BEST YOU COULD ASK FOR, VERY FRIENDLY, HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amber J
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Amber J
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am glad your stay was relaxing as well as productive. I am very fortunate to have a great staff and I'm delighted to share your feedback.
Thank you again & Take Care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here one night for business. The check in was fast and friendly. There was a happy hour sort of reception in the lobby with free drinks and food. I didn't have time to stop but it seemed like a good idea. The room was spacious and clean; it really was a suite with a separate small work area which I appreciated. The internet connection was sufficient for work. Very comfortably beds, good sheets and duvet. The hotel was quiet and the temperature control was excellent. The exercise room was small with only two treadmills and a bike -- get there early if you want to use it. I ended up running outside because the weather was good and I didn't want to wait. There are sidewalks but not much too see.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy S
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Amy S,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. I am glad to hear your suite worked well for your business trip. Please accept my apology regarding the fitness room. With two treadmills, two ellipticals and a bike that is unusual that a cardio option was not available based on the size of the hotel. Please keep in mind, the indoor pool is another great option for exercising in the morning. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Cleveland, you will stay here again.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here on our way to Cleveland and later Cedar Point. It offered a good price for 5 guests - most motels are limited to four per room. The lobby was clean, and the room immaculate. The desk clerk who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The pool is a nice size. Elevator was slow as it is at all small Springhill Suites. Breakfast the next morning (Saturday) was hectic due to three weddings staying at the hotel - the wedding families commandeered tables and didn't leave when done, so many guests had to eat in their rooms. Food was good - eggs were rather blah, but the maple sausage was excellent. The staff did a good job of keeping the food items stocked. Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed our brief stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PatP905
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Patp905,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy that our standard accommodations, two queen beds with a sofabed, worked well for your family. Please accept my apology that the wedding parties were not considerate of other guests trying to partake in breakfast.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Solon area, you will be able to enjoy breakfast and stay awhile longer to relax and possibly enjoy our pool.
Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is close to the interstate 480 and in an office park type area. Check-in was easy and front desk staff was very cordial. Ample parking with a great "Sub" sandwich restaurant right next to the lot. Room was very clean. ( You can tell the property is maintained well. . I saw absolutely no mold/mildew on grout lines in the shower. That's the first thing I look for.) Internet service was fast and needed no password. On a scale of 1-10, breakfast was a 7. Beware that the famous waffles are not served every day. The menus changes on a daily basis to "mix things up" a little. I was counting on a waffle. Saw them the day before, but not the day I checked out. Heater is near the window. Was a bit disturbing going on and off. But it wasn't that bad. I personally like the newer set-ups where the thermostat is internal and on the wall.

I would certainly stay here again. The senior rate was great at $79. About 20 miles from CLE airport and it's out of the traffic stuff in the south east burbs. Quiet and Nice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Cabinfever5
Dear Cabinfever5,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I'm glad your enjoyed the clean room, friendly staff, good location and most importantly a great rate. Please accept my apology that waffles were not on the menu for the morning of your departure.
Please come back and visit real soon.
Colorado, USA
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was the first time I had ever stayed at a Marriott-owned property and I must say, it was not what I expected.
I arrived at the Cleveland-Solon SpringHill Suites at the beginning of the first of two snow storms. The hotel worked diligently to keep the parking lot cleared.

The MOD (Manager on Duty) was extremely welcoming and my room was immaculate to say the very least. It was so clean that whatever cleaning agent they used to clean/disinfect the hotel was a bit overwhelming (allergy sufferer/asthmatic). But after acclimating to my new surroundings for a few hours (passing out from the three 12-hour shifts I'd worked and the flight to Akron-Canton from Colorado) the smell was no longer an issue.

The entire room was designed for comfort for the solo, business or family traveler(s). With the use of beautiful spring colors, the room comes equipped with a mini bar area which included a microwave and mini refrigerator; an extremely comfortable bed with lots of pillows and a shower where the water actually stayed inside the tub instead of on the bathroom floor! :)

There is a living/seating area and an ergonomically-friendly workstation.
SpringHill Suites provides Paul Mitchell toiletries, a mini-market, and laundering facilities.
For those interested, there is a pool and whirlpool available that is just as pristine as the rest of the hotel.

Breakfast is served in the main dining area on the first floor and tends to be quite healthy with choices ranging from make your own waffles to yogurts, fruits, cereals and pastries.

Within walking distance on nice days there is a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Longhorn Steakhouse, a sandwich shop and a movie theater Digiplex Solon 16.

For the family, there are amusement parks Geauga Lake and Cedar Point; the Metroparks Zoo, the Great Lakes Science Center and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in downtown Cleveland. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH about 10 minutes from the airport.

For adults, there is shopping at the Aurora Premium Outlets Ohio which is about 20 minutes away from the hotel as well as at Tower City in downtown Cleveland. The Horseshoe Casino is open (downtown Cleveland) and on nice summer days the Jet Express Ferry can be taken across Lake Erie to the Lake Erie Islands where there's lots of history and partying going on.

Upon check-out, the MOD was quite receptive to the suggestion of toning down the cleaning agent and informed me that should I decide to ever stay there again, to call the hotel in advance and they can have the room cleaned without the use of the aromatic agents which is essential for those of us with sensitive noses. Needless to say my first stay was a positive experience and with remarkable staff, I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank SmithSteed
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear SmithSteed,
I want to thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience at the Springhill Suites. I'm glad to hear your first experience to a growing brand was both positive and enjoyable. I hope that you will continue to share you experience with others and I feel your review really touches upon the features and benefits that Springhill Suites has to offer travelers.
Thanks again for taking a risk and trying a new brand! We enjoyed having you and hope to see you back real soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

4 day business trip and stayed here as it was close to the office. The location is an industrial area, not much close by. Therefore I recommend that you rent a car to get around, for shopping, restaurants, downtown and other attractions.
The hotel is very clean, the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent with the usual and happily fresh fruit. Good gym and equipment, all with tvs and they provide head phones, swimming pool was a nice size and very quiet as no seemed to use it during the week. They have evening snacks, wine and beer. Great fresh baked cookies. The room is spacious, nice flat screen tv, bed is comfortable and my room was very quiet. Internet was sometimes a problem

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JadepearlToronto
Dear JadepearlToronto,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable with a nice complimentary food and beverage selection. Please accept my apology for the internet. The hotel recently switched internet service providers to offer our guest increased speed and stability. There was some challenges encountered during this changeover but I am confident those challenges are behind us.
I appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back in the near future.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

When we arrived that the Cleveland-Solon Springhill Suites around midnight, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff person at the front desk. We were so tired, and she was so nice -- that got our stay off to a great start. Even as tired as I was, I could see how clean this hotel was - sparkling. It's very tastefully decorated and the breakfast was great. The beds are a little hard and the towels are a little scratchy, but overall this was a hotel stay that exceeded my expectations. I have a son who attends college in the Cleveland area, and I'm sure we will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Drue P
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Annakarenina80,
Thank you for the nice review and compliments. We look forward to your next trip to Cleveland to visit your son at college.
Take Care,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!