SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Red Rock Inn(Bedford Heights)
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn & Suites(Oakwood Village)
  • Breakfast included
Cleveland Marriott East(Warrensville Heights)
  • Pool
Aloft Beachwood(Beachwood)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesgreat hotelreplenished quicklysitting areaa small workout roomnephew's weddingminute driveaurora farmsnice sizeoffice areachagrin fallstwo queen bedsnext morningbusiness parkevening snacksmicrowave and mini fridgecheck in was easy
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Loved my stay! I was on business, but felt like vacation once I got back to the room. Very clean hotel! STAFF WAS THE BEST YOU COULD ASK FOR, VERY FRIENDLY, HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amber J
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Amber J
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am glad your stay was relaxing as well as productive. I am very fortunate to have a great staff and I'm delighted to share your feedback.
Thank you again & Take Care!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here one night for business. The check in was fast and friendly. There was a happy hour sort of reception in the lobby with free drinks and food. I didn't have time to stop but it seemed like a good idea. The room was spacious and clean; it really was a suite with a separate small work area which I appreciated. The internet connection was sufficient for work. Very comfortably beds, good sheets and duvet. The hotel was quiet and the temperature control was excellent. The exercise room was small with only two treadmills and a bike -- get there early if you want to use it. I ended up running outside because the weather was good and I didn't want to wait. There are sidewalks but not much too see.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy S
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Amy S,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. I am glad to hear your suite worked well for your business trip. Please accept my apology regarding the fitness room. With two treadmills, two ellipticals and a bike that is unusual that a cardio option was not available based on the size of the hotel. Please keep in mind, the indoor pool is another great option for exercising in the morning. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Cleveland, you will stay here again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here on our way to Cleveland and later Cedar Point. It offered a good price for 5 guests - most motels are limited to four per room. The lobby was clean, and the room immaculate. The desk clerk who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The pool is a nice size. Elevator was slow as it is at all small Springhill Suites. Breakfast the next morning (Saturday) was hectic due to three weddings staying at the hotel - the wedding families commandeered tables and didn't leave when done, so many guests had to eat in their rooms. Food was good - eggs were rather blah, but the maple sausage was excellent. The staff did a good job of keeping the food items stocked. Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed our brief stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PatP905
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Patp905,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy that our standard accommodations, two queen beds with a sofabed, worked well for your family. Please accept my apology that the wedding parties were not considerate of other guests trying to partake in breakfast.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Solon area, you will be able to enjoy breakfast and stay awhile longer to relax and possibly enjoy our pool.
Take care!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is close to the interstate 480 and in an office park type area. Check-in was easy and front desk staff was very cordial. Ample parking with a great "Sub" sandwich restaurant right next to the lot. Room was very clean. ( You can tell the property is maintained well. . I saw absolutely no mold/mildew on grout lines in the shower. That's the first thing I look for.) Internet service was fast and needed no password. On a scale of 1-10, breakfast was a 7. Beware that the famous waffles are not served every day. The menus changes on a daily basis to "mix things up" a little. I was counting on a waffle. Saw them the day before, but not the day I checked out. Heater is near the window. Was a bit disturbing going on and off. But it wasn't that bad. I personally like the newer set-ups where the thermostat is internal and on the wall.

I would certainly stay here again. The senior rate was great at $79. About 20 miles from CLE airport and it's out of the traffic stuff in the south east burbs. Quiet and Nice!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Cabinfever5

Dear Cabinfever5,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I'm glad your enjoyed the clean room, friendly staff, good location and most importantly a great rate. Please accept my apology that waffles were not on the menu for the morning of your departure.
Please come back and visit real soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was the first time I had ever stayed at a Marriott-owned property and I must say, it was not what I expected.
I arrived at the Cleveland-Solon SpringHill Suites at the beginning of the first of two snow storms. The hotel worked diligently to keep the parking lot cleared.

The MOD (Manager on Duty) was extremely welcoming and my room was immaculate to say the very least. It was so clean that whatever cleaning agent they used to clean/disinfect the hotel was a bit overwhelming (allergy sufferer/asthmatic). But after acclimating to my new surroundings for a few hours (passing out from the three 12-hour shifts I'd worked and the flight to Akron-Canton from Colorado) the smell was no longer an issue.

The entire room was designed for comfort for the solo, business or family traveler(s). With the use of beautiful spring colors, the room comes equipped with a mini bar area which included a microwave and mini refrigerator; an extremely comfortable bed with lots of pillows and a shower where the water actually stayed inside the tub instead of on the bathroom floor! :)

There is a living/seating area and an ergonomically-friendly workstation.
SpringHill Suites provides Paul Mitchell toiletries, a mini-market, and laundering facilities.
For those interested, there is a pool and whirlpool available that is just as pristine as the rest of the hotel.

Breakfast is served in the main dining area on the first floor and tends to be quite healthy with choices ranging from make your own waffles to yogurts, fruits, cereals and pastries.

Within walking distance on nice days there is a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Longhorn Steakhouse, a sandwich shop and a movie theater Digiplex Solon 16.

For the family, there are amusement parks Geauga Lake and Cedar Point; the Metroparks Zoo, the Great Lakes Science Center and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in downtown Cleveland. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH about 10 minutes from the airport.

For adults, there is shopping at the Aurora Premium Outlets Ohio which is about 20 minutes away from the hotel as well as at Tower City in downtown Cleveland. The Horseshoe Casino is open (downtown Cleveland) and on nice summer days the Jet Express Ferry can be taken across Lake Erie to the Lake Erie Islands where there's lots of history and partying going on.

Upon check-out, the MOD was quite receptive to the suggestion of toning down the cleaning agent and informed me that should I decide to ever stay there again, to call the hotel in advance and they can have the room cleaned without the use of the aromatic agents which is essential for those of us with sensitive noses. Needless to say my first stay was a positive experience and with remarkable staff, I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank SmithSteed
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear SmithSteed,
I want to thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience at the Springhill Suites. I'm glad to hear your first experience to a growing brand was both positive and enjoyable. I hope that you will continue to share you experience with others and I feel your review really touches upon the features and benefits that Springhill Suites has to offer travelers.
Thanks again for taking a risk and trying a new brand! We enjoyed having you and hope to see you back real soon.