Hocking Hills Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
See available hotels
Steele's Motel(McArthur)
Budget Inn(Logan)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed in one of the Cedar Vacation homes for a romantic weekend getaway. The cabin was clean and well maintained, the hot tub on the deck was wonderful with great views and plenty of privacy. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom was gorgeous. The kitchen was great, we brought food to cook and never left the cabin all weekend! The staff had plenty of movies to rent, and they were very helpful. We plan to return this month, and this time I'd love to try out the Grouse Nest as we've heard the food is excellent!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Upon arrival we discovered what others have commented on. Cobwebs and dust on everything. The light yellow colored wall was so stained up only several coats of paint could have covered it. The television did not work. Only enough towels for one night and good luck finding someone to replace them. My wife refused to use the shower and jacuzzi tub before cleaning and disinfecting them herself and I have NEVER seen her do that anywhere else we've stayed. In a reply to a previous comment the owner said this is how things are in "country living". I live in the country and that does not result in my home being a rundown filthy non maintained mess. I have stayed at several cabins in the area and can tell you this place is not worth the price. There are much better cabins for the same os less money!

Room Tip: You can get a CLEAN and MAINTAINED cabin at several OTHER locations for the same money!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J9Hemi
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in Ladyslipper cabin on the Labor Day weekend. There were four of us. My husband and I gat the bedroom and our two friends used the huge loft that sleeps six. One bath a balcony with peaceful views and a hot tub that was great but the weather was too warm to use it. The kitchen is handy for the Hocking Hills area as there are not many restaurants close by. (The Grouse Nest Restaurant is onsite and delicious) If the kitchen didn't have it, the office did. They have a small gift shop in the check in area where I purchased two log carvings by a local woman named Dee Dee. I wish I could have met her. All in all, I would like to stay here again, IF we can get back up the driveway!
And don't forget to pet Mama the cat who sleeps on the porch.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
HHRGNR, Owner at Hocking Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Hocking Hills Resort, and grateful that you took the time to post your comment here in TripAdvisor. Don't forget, as repeat guests you are part of the Repeat Club and if you call for a reservation within 24 hours and we have a cabin available, you get half off the regular price. You don't need a voucher number for that -- it's automatic. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Ditto to Joejones review from 9/10. I wish that I had read it before going to Hocking Hills.... When we went outside on the deck, we smelled a septic or sulphur type smell. There was so much unsightly debris seen from the deck. The whirlpool tub had a yellow stain and the drain would not stay up to drain the water. There were only a few towels in our cabin that we used the first day and they smelled musty upon arrival. It took several times, before I could find anyone in office to get clean towels. The cabin was dusty with cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. Our bill was incorrect at checkin and again at checkout.

The love bug cabin did have a gas fire insert that heated the cabin really well that we used at night. The windows by the whirlpool tub were a nice feature. The location of the Hocking Hills Resort is convenient drive to the hiking.

The Grouse Nest food was excellent. There is a nice outside area to eat. We plan on eating there again.

Room Tip: I can not recommend staying here until it is cleaned up and maintained.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
HHRGNR, Owner at Hocking Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Some things all potential guests should know about Hocking Hills Resort:
Hocking Hills Resort is a natural resort in the heart of Hocking State Forest, where most guests leave happy, refreshed and ready to return to their jobs, families and the stresses of city living. Yes, the drive is rugged and sometimes challenging to get up the hill—that is the true nature of the Appalachian foothills. Our water comes from a well deep within the ground, bringing forth minerals such as iron that can stain the cleanest of tubs. The occasional woodland bug will make it inside the cabins, which are treated once a month but reside among the trees in the forest. The cabins are cleaned thoroughly between guests, and the mattresses heat-treated. Anyone familiar with country living knows how quickly a cob web can appear, spun across a room overnight, staying one step ahead of the housekeeper with her telescoping dust mop. Hocking Hills Resort, aka its original name Ash Cave Cabins, is an unpretentious hospitality business in a quiet, peaceful setting where we strive to make our guests comfortable with friendly service and extra touches such as excellent food at our restaurant (Grouse Nest), beautiful receptions and banquets, romantic packages, and pet-friendly cabins. We know our style is not for everyone. We don’t apologize for that.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Customer service at the office was very poor. They are very hard to get in touch with. The service at the restaurant was decent. The lovebug #4 cabin was very dirty and outdated. The ceiling had a huge hole in it. The walls were dirty and holes in them as well. It took at least 45 min to halfway fill up the wirlpool tub. Cobwebs all over the ceiling. Lots of debris outside made it very unsightly. Cabin just really needs a good cleaning and updated. Given the price and the numerous other cabins in the area I do not see us ever staying here again.

Room Tip: stay anywhere but here....
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple