“Perfect weekend getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Tranquil Retreat Cabins
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We spent the weekend in Priscilla's Cottage by the Falls and it was absolutely perfect! The house is roomy, clean and with a super comfy king bed. The outdoor hot tub, patio and fire ring out back are completely secluded...we could not hear or see anything but beautiful wilderness! It was perfect for a romantic getaway! The cabin is big enough for four (with a very nice futon), but if you bring extra people I would recommend that you are all early risers (the king bed is in an open loft...quite lovely but you can hear every other sound in the cabin...like the hubby making early morning coffee). I would definitely recommend this cabin...the pictures don't do it justice! Oh and the location right up the road from Ash cave was a huge bonus!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
England
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights over New Years Eve. We stayed at the Log Cabin, and it was beautiful. Very clean, well equipped. It was all lit up and very welcoming on our arrival. The log fire was gorgeous, as was the outdoor Hot tub.
There was just the two of us, but it would have been plenty big enough for 4.
Have to say that initially it was difficult to get hold of the owners to book, as the phone numbers on the website have been changed, but otherwise no complaints, and I would highly recommend it.
The photos on the website do not do it justice.
Only other issue was the guests next door helping themselves to out logs, and having an all night party. But it was Nye.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
daceealeese, Owner at Tranquil Retreat Cabins, responded to this review, 3 July 2016
Thank You for your positive review. The owner.
Elyria, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Absolutely pleased with EVERY aspect of our mini vacation! Sharon is wonderful! My husband and I lucked out choosing such an amazing cabin for our weekend. Sharon was professional and it was just so easy and headache free to rent! I called, we booked, we paid and we went to the cabin! It was that simple...this never happens for us, we usually have vacation ordeals.

I planned the whole weekend and I scored BIG with my husband who was completely thrilled with The Cabin itself. It is truly unique and beautiful and tastefully decorated. Everything was spotless and we had everything we needed. We brought ourselves and clothes. That's it. I would recommend packing a flashlight though, we forgot one. The hot tub was awesome! We loved the beautiful wood burning stove in the center of the originally built cabin. We really enjoyed staying in a cabin that was original. The bedrooms are adorable! Plenty of room. Sharon also made a recommendation when I asked about couples massages. She was spot on with her recommendation. My husband and I enjoyed our massages in front of the wood burning stove. GLORIOUS!

I can't wait to go back ASAP! As a matter of fact I am hoping to rebook The Cabin in January after the holidays! Thank you Tranquil Retreats! Thank you Sharon!

Room Tip: The Cabin is beautiful! It was really neat to stay in a cabin the was build so long ago.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Huger
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family and I had such a great, relaxing vacation in the A-Frame Cabin. The owner, Sharon, is a very sweet, wonderful lady. She even showed me the other cabins. If you are wanting to get away from your busy life, this is the place to be!!!

Room Tip: The loft bedroom is the most comfortable. The downstairs bedroom is really musty. We ran the dehumi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannon P
Litchfield, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a great place to stay for a family vacation. Everyone had such a wonderful time. The dehumidifier in the downstairs living area broke so those rooms and towels smelled kind of musty but I wrote the owner about it and it didn't really affect our stay too much-- we also live in a rural area where excess humidity is a problem so we knew the fan trick and packed our own towels anyway. The beds were BEYOND comfortable and there were way more amenities than we expected! So awesome. Everything in the house and yard was beautiful. Thanks!

Room Tip: Run the fan above the stairs on "High" to help with any humidity problems.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 3 May 2013

What a great stay we had a Tranquil retreat. We have been there three times now. Sharon is wonderful and really makes here guest feel comfortable. We stayed at the cabin by the cave for the second time and it may be the smallest but the view and deck make up for it. We had a wonderful two day's and did not want to leave. The hot tub is so clean and cozy perfect for two. this is the only place we will go on Hocking. Just an FYI no phone service we love that but some may get scared. LOL Thank you again Sharon...................................

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Tranquil Retreat is one of the most refreshing retreats I have ever been to..You come into a warm lite cabin,You feel welcome from the time you walk in the door and you just will hate to leave! I have been in a few places before Tranquil retreat and, I would pick Sharon's cabins hands down!! The owner, what can I say..She is wonderful Lady!! I have so much respect for her..
She makes id wonder for her guest..Had a great time in the Cottage, beautiful..

Room Tip: Pick The Tranquil Retreats, they are all prefect...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls
Cherry Ridge Retreat
Cherry Ridge Retreat
#1 of 3 in New Plymouth

Been to Tranquil Retreat Cabins? Share your experiences!