Country Hearth Inn & Suites South Point
Southern Hills Inn(South Point)
US$60
US$107
Travelers Motel(Chesapeake)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Husband took job in Portsmouth area, and we were looking for a place for him until we find a house to rent. He left in the wee hours of the morning it was so bad. Roaches and mice in his room...they offered him a different room. Guess they don't realize vermin can travel too?
DO NOT stay here...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 15 July 2012

True story!!!!...My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for the night...The front staff gave us 2 rooms to look at...We get thru the dark damp, nasty...I mean nasty...,hallway and get to door #1....I place the key card into the door and it turns green...I go to open the door but it barly opened...I looked up to see a HUGE ROACH going through the crack in the door..."I swear", within seconds, I heard a click....I attempted to open the door again..."I swear", the roach popped his head out of the crack, as if to say, "Bro! Really! Thanks for letting,me in...now get!!" (Never got in to see the room)...Door #2...NASTY!!!!...Everything you've read and more....how this place is still in business and has yet to be condemded blows my mind...If u stay here make sure u wear a HAZMAT SUIT!!!...#Enough Said

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Taco B
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I don't even know where to start it's gross there are roaches worms and rats in rooms..the whole place smells like mold and mildew...there are holes in the ceilings leaky pipes..no carpet through the hallways ..the elevator barely works when you get on it you can hear it grinding and smell it burning..the pool looks like a big puddle of pee..its sick!!!..then they try to do anything to find way to charge more for things..and then the ppl working here steal from rooms and say its your fault..It just needs to be shut down..one part of it already looks condemned god know whats in there! there's no wi-fi in the rooms like they say ..no phones work..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank fanceyblues
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Nasty!!!!!!
Rats and roaches!!!
Water dripping in the halls with buckets to catch it.
There is no wireless they lie at the front desk and feed you some BS on how they r fixing it and whatever excuse they can find to say.
They are very rude!
The man who works the front desk over night is so lazy and rude..never does he offer to help anyone when they come to him about a problem all he says is ..(it happens).
The rooms are very nasty. Rooms smell and there are lots of roaches. All of the floors Smell like dogs like nobody cleans anything.
I wouldn't risk getting in the pool either.
The game room is a joke! Holes in the floor and messed up pool tables,when you play pool you have to watch and not fall in the floor and also the ceiling leaks a rusty water.
while staying here many people have been robbed or had their stuff stolen.
The people at the front desk talk about drugs all day also.
elevators are nasty smell like dog urine and they r junk ..you will be lucky if you don't get stuck in em.
Everything in the lobby is out of order.
Every comment on here is exactly how it really is..there are like two that are the company posting trying to make the place look good. No one in their right mind would say its nice and they will stay again.
They should just shut the place down!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank bigbluedude
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We checked in at the in of April and stayed till the 28th of may at first the staff was a nice as could be that was the day we checked in after that they were rude made you afraid to ask anything from them for fear of being charged for the answer they give you. I have vowed never to stay at a county hearth inn again the rooms was so dirty and we got flooded one night the water came thru the windows all over the floors on the first floor they have buckets sitting in the hall and in what they call the business section so you don't get rained on I would not recomend this place for a dog let a lone a human they don't care about service just money you pay for ice and anything else they can think to charge you for the smell of pot in the halls are so stronge that you could get a contact buzz from it the sheriff and state highway patrol was here several nights of our stay If I was the owner of this dump there would be a lot out of work starting with the manager on down for letting this stuff go on. there are several good hotels in south point but country hearth in is not one of them unless you like cockroaches

Room Tip: stay at sounthern hills
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends