“Excellent Quality for the Money”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites South Point
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Point
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Trying to find a place in the tri-state area seemed to be difficult as our family likes staying in interior corridor hotels. The hotel was nice , clean, and seem to be well managed. I can not reiterate how great the value is for the money. There is a beautiful full service restaurant that looked under renovation. As far as the room was concerned, the furniture was similar to the furniture we had in our $210 room at an upscale hotel we were forced to stay at in Atlanta. I was so surprised that this hotel had all Cherry deep wood furniture unlike other hotels that have flimsy particle board furniture. We asked for extra pillows, many hotels give excuses like they are out or another reason , however the staff was pleasant and gave us more pillows than we even asked for. We will definitely be coming back to stay, when we return next holiday season ! A++++++

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This s$#! Hole of a place needs torn down and the owner put in jail. Buckets in the hall to catch water dripping from somewhere, mold everywhere, bugs in my room, had to pay to use their blankets and towels (ick like I'd want to even touch them), pay for ice, and their free breakfast yeah you guessed it, have to pay for it. The lady working the front desk was mopping the lobby I went to walk through, she wanted me to turn around and walk outside in the rain to get to my laundry! The only reason I stayed here was because I had no where else to go and rent is cheap, but I know homeless people who have cleaner spots on the streets than this place, I'm not joking. That's how bad it is, the freaking streets are cleaner.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank renter101
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The only thing I can say is pure Nasty Country Hearth Should pull its name from this place total nasty nasty nasty . Did I say shag nasty Beyond belief. A port-a-jon would have been a better place to stay. This place is beyond the worst I can describe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I made the reservations through Choice as I am an employee of a Choice Hotel. When I got to the hotel, my reservation had been locked out and I could not check in unless I paid an extra 119.00, even though I had already paid for my entire stay with a credit card online. I had just driven 17 hours from Nebraska with a two year old who was more than ready for a bed so I didn't have much choice but to pay the extra. I asked the hotel front desk clerk to call a manager to fix the problem as she seemed to be clueless on the procedures and she refused saying they will be in at 11. I asked her to have them call me immediately (I never got the call). After being gone all day for a funeral, I asked the night clerk what was the status of my room and he said "oh, yea you'll have to call choice," and walked away. Needless to say, the check in was not my favorite part of the stay. Upon check out, the same front desk clerk who checked me in told me that she called choice to get the 119 refunded, which was great except 119 was never charged to my card. However, the price for the entire stay (187) was charged, as well as 132 and 62 twice? I will likely never stay at a choice hotel again as this was the worst experience I have ever gotten at a hotel, which is pretty sad considering I work for a Choice Hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! The only good thing about the hotel was the housekeeping staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Courtney K
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the worst motel I have ever seen. Stopped here driving through late night and needing a place to stay. Should have know by the condition of the driveway and parking lot where this was going. Walked into the lobby, completely bare, not a stick of furniture, ceiling over check in desk missing, was told hotel is going through renovations and some rooms are done, so figure maybe that was why it looked so bad, Then the check in woman (who was very nice) gave us our towels-that is when we should have run. I asked about ice-was giving a bag-no ice buckets-of ice at the front desk. Ok, still with me, we stayed-stupid us. Parked the car in the lot, man sitting in truck next to ours, engine off, remember-its like 11:30 at night. Went into motel, side doors have no security locks, anyone can come in. Went up to 4th floor in the elevator-only 1, other doesn't work. It smelled and looked like it couldn't make the trip, it did though. Made the turn into the hall and I kid you not, I felt like something out of The Shining or other horror movie. Long hall, patches of carpet missing, numbers on doors missing, filthy, just really, really bad. We continued down to our room, opened the door and - this was a "newly remodeled room", found dead bugs on carpet, old beat up furniture, stained carpet, ancient tv, didn't even want to look at the beds. We didn't even sit down our bags, marched right back downstairs, got our money back and left. When we did, the man sitting in his truck was still sitting there. Can you say drug deal? Was told by a nicer motel down the road that lots of low life live there and police are called all the time. This place shouldn't even be allowed to be open. Stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank lynne r
Reviewed 18 October 2012

They said all they had available was a suite. It would be $82.96 a night. We thought it would be a nicer room so we took it. We were dead tired and couldn't drive any more. Walking up to the room we knew this was going to be a disappointment. There were patches of carpet missing, holes in the walls and pee stains all over the halls. You can imagine the smell. This hotel should be condemned. One of the elevators is out of order. SMH The door to our room was missing the trim and could be easily broken into. Roaches were everywhere. Did I mention the smell? OMG. I took pictures. I will be sending them to Codes.

Room Tip: Spare yourself the nightmare.