“Dangerous place to stay”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites South Point
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in South Point
Toledo, Ohio
“Dangerous place to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

I'm ashamed as a Buckeye that this place hasn't been condemned yet. Dangerous place to say.. Filth would be the least of my worries.. I had no other option than to stay here... Left at 3 am after some " offers of room service " at 2am ... The very next day I get a call from my c.c. With fraudulent charges, I sincerely hope the two aren't relayed.. But I cancelled my credit card. Oghhh, and my truck got broken into.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Sonny_circumvehor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
LEWISBURG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

You would not believe this place. First, I thought it was a Comfort Inn which I could have sworn is the way they answered the phone. Second, it was with out a doubt the worst place I have ever stayed in my life. The first room created us with a cockroach. The second room reeked of smoke. Why I didn't run? It was late, pouring the rain, and I had no clue where I was. As I reflect, not good excuses. It was nasty and dirty. I should have slept in the car. I should have my head examined.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelgal0909

Travellers are raving about these South Point hotels

alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Country Hearth Inn in South Point. Very cozy, clean room and good breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
wv
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2008

Upon check in we found filthy rooms with dirty sheets, moldy showers and roaches. The walls all have water damage and mold. Large patches in the ceilings and walls were not completed. The carpet has probably never been cleaned. The furniture was all broken and just pieced back together. It is nothing the website and when the manager was told this she stated " I have heard that before" We did not stay, we checked out minutes after checking in. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Don't be fooled by the website, it is a dump and the staff really didn't seem to be bothered by the complaints.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank WvCollegemom
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2008

A very good value for the money. Clean rooms and good atmosphere. Will stay again.

• Liked — big lobby and good breakfast
  • Disliked — laundry
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2007

This place is a DUMP,the front lobby smells so bad. The entire place smells bad...The room was extremely dirty and falling apart. The ceiling was falling, the carpet was dirty with stains and burn holes, the curtains were falling off the rod, there was mold in the bathroom in the tub and around the tolit. The shower head was broken. Stains on the furniture, the boxsprings coming apart under the bed, the heater vents were covered in dirt. I tried to use the room phone but could not read any words on it to know what button to push to get the front desk. I used my cell phone to call the front desk, I told them the room was nasty and dirty, they gave us keys to check out another room that was on the third floor, it smelled so bad when we stepped off the elevator, but that room was not any improvement. We tried to find another hotel but no vacancy any where. We left at 8:30 in the morning, choosing not to eat the breakfast, or come back for a second night. Nasty, dirty, gross, stinky, etc.

• Liked — when I checked out
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Ashland
#1 of 10 in Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites South Point? Share your experiences!