“Pretty Good”

Sammy's El Pueblo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The food here is pretty good. The service is excellent. If you get one of those meals with multiple things on it you kind of have to fish around to find the food items. This is a good and close family outing type restaurant. I've not a bad experience.

1  Thank Terri D

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Went there maybe 3 times..2 of the 3 were not good experiences. We went back hoping that it was just a fluke - but it didn't seem to get any better. Seemed chaotic and the waiters were not very attentive. Probably won't return here again...which stinks because we love mexican and it is so close.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

When we arrived at Sammy's I had high hopes. The interior is beautiful and the Mexican menu had many tempting options. To sum it up, the chips and salsa were the best part of the meal. The quality of the entrees was poor; barely passable beans and rice, steak that was tough on some pieces and fatty on others, meat drowned in sauce, corn tortillas falling apart. Totally not worth the $10 per plate and that's pretty cheap for dinner. I can make better Mexican food at home and I'm not even Mexican! We will not go back and will not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I enjoy Mexican food & decided to try Sammy's. The atmosphere & decor in the restaurant is nice. The food and service were just average. We visited during dinnertime on a Saturday and the place was surprisingly not very busy. I've enjoyed eating at El Toro by the Dayton mall more.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I split two of their hamburgers and both were excellent. Very nice atmosphere too.