“Consistently good food”

Sammy's El Pueblo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here at least 3 times. Their margaritas are very good, & it seems they're always having some sort of deal on them. The Mexican food I've had has been very good. My friend gets burgers & has been happy with them. We commented last time we went that we've never gotten something there that we didn't like. Service has also been good.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This place seems pretty interchangeable with other Mexican chain restaurants. Kind of like "you've seen one, you've seen them all..." Sammy's boasts a local independent owner, but there is nothing about this place to distinguish it from any other Mexican chain restaurant.

You get the usual chips and salsa when you are seated but the salsa is bland - possibly Americanized? I thought it was rather watery and tasteless, but I did eat it because I was hungry while waiting for the dinner order.

The server was gracious but rushed. She seemed anxious to wait on us and turn the table over to the next waiting group. There was nothing personal about the service at all.

There was nothing here to bring me back. Too bad because the Mexican culture and food should be so much more exciting...

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My parents decided to take myself and my two small children out to dinner and we choose Sammy's because of its diverse menu. We were seated promptly and drink orders taken they provided a basket of chips along with some salsa. We were one of four groups seated at the restaurant at the time it was 5:30pm. The food was luke warm at best, and for the last two days myself and youngest daghter has been paying for the mexican food we ate. I would not recommend this food at all my parents had no adverse effects, but they ate american side of the menu. So at best it's a 50 50 chance you'll get sick.

1  Thank phillman2012
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Place was nice, ok selection in beers . Salsa tasted like tomato sauce not spicy at all. For fried foods they do ok . Really nothing here stood out just had an average experience. I would come back though if that means anything. There is one in Blue Ash that blows this place away. Well worth the drive if you are looking for a nice Sammy's.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Met friends here for a birthday lunch. The margaritas were superb. The lunch menu offered many different things to choose from. I had the #1 (don't recall its real name) and it was fantastic.

I would definitely eat here again.