“EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE ROOMS !”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Springfield
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 10 June 2011

After reading many reviews on the good, bad and the ugly hotels in Springfield the Country Inn and Suites caught my eye. The hotel was very nice. I did not have the problem that other mentioned with dust or hair in the room. I do agree that they need someone at the desk at all times- not a big deal but no one wants to wait around on their way out the door. With that all said- the room ( a suite) was large with a refrigerator, micro, pull out sofa sleeper and a separate bedroom with a tv and french doors that close off the sitting room. The hotel was quite and no noise between rooms at all. That is the most important feature to me- good sound sleep quality. The bed was very comfortable. Loved the ceiling fan in the outer room for air movement. ! I did not get a chance to try breakfast as I was out the door at 5am to travel back home- but it was very nice that the front desk clerk offered me coffee and toast or bagel as I was heading out. I don't think breakfast started until 6am so that was very kind of her to offer. I will be staying here again when I come back next year!
Rates were very fair- and AAA or government made it that much better

Room Tip: Book a suite- it ia always worth it
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JetterJ

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Booked a room, got a decent price on a King bed in a non-smoking room. On arrival, was left standing at the desk for a good five minutes waiting to check in. Once getting in the room, was pleased, the room was good-sized, clean and quiet. It wasn't until later that some of the small stuff was noticed. The stand-up card next to the phone, with instructions on how to navigate their system, was filthy -- hair, copious amounts of fuzz and lint, and fingerprints -- it apparently had never been wiped down. Then, in the bathroom, everything was perfect -- except for the florescent light fixture over the vanity didn't look like it ever had been cleaned. I suspect the cleaning crew is shorter than I am, and couldn't see it at the same angle. And then, they ran out of cookies in the lobby.... If they'd get the little things down -- like the instruction card for the WiFi actually matching how the network connects, this would be a five-star, across the board place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I stayed here one night while on a business trip. My room was right next to the stairs and the hotel was full so I expected no sleep. I was pleasantly surprised by a quiet evening and a comfortable bed. My room was clean, not as modern or large as other Country Inns, but still pleasant and I would definitely have stayed another night or two. (I am pretty fussy about cleanliness.) The front desk seemed short-handed but every request I made they pleasantly met. The breakfast was great, nice hot options as well as cold too. Close to Target and other area shopping.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights. The room was smaller than other Country Inn and Suites that we've stayed in. Our room did not have a microwave and refrigerator. We did enjoy the indoor hot tub at night. I noticed others wrote about problems with the ice machine, it's on the first floor, just outside the pool area. It must have a drain problem, the carpet was always soaked in front of the machine. The breakfast was nice, muffins, pastries, cereals, waffle maker, and usually a hot item (powdered eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.) This hotel sits behind a restaurant (used to be a Ryan's). You have to pull through the restaurants parking lot to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We stay in Springfield once a year for a reunion. A family member had a coupon for a good rate and prearranged and paid for two rooms. We had troulbe checking in because the coupons were for suites and they had none available. They would not honor the coupon price and check-in took a long time. The room was in need of a good dusting. A thick dust was on all the tables. The floor by the bed was not swept and the shelf in the bathroom holding toiletries seemed sticky. The bathroom was clean other than that with no mold. There were two giant wreaths hanging above the beds. Nice country decor, but would prefer not to have a giant dust catcher above while sleeping. We were too tired to ask for a new room. The beds and the pillows were clean and comfy. We did not use any common areas like the pool or breakfast area (although that seemed well stocked). We usually like Country Inn & Suites, but this one didn't seem up to par with ones we have stayed in. Next year we'll go back to the hotel across the street.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I stayed with my granddaughter and was very impressed with the hotel and facilities.Our room was clean and comfortable, and the best part was the breakfast room. We had many food choices to choose from and the breakfast room was clean and kept well stocked. The morning we ate there we had eggs, sausage, cereals of all kinds, pastries, juices, hot chocolate, bagels, fresh fruit and more. I would certainly stay here again because not only is the hotel very nice but the area where it is located has many shopping venues to visit.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2007

Best stay ever. Super staff! Great, comfortable room. Good breakfast. Great location.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)