“Not Impressed”

Ranked #30 of 164 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I typically don't eat at the Olive Garden; however I had received a gift card and decided to use it. We stopped by the restaurant and placed our order to go. I probably should have called ahead because it took about 30 minutes for us to get our food. I didn't find the staff particularly friendly as we waited for our meals--staff were coming and going and I don't believe one staff acknowledged us. On the other hand though, the waitress that delivered our meal was nice. And she is the only reason I rated the service as average and not poor. I was pretty disappointed in the food--my veggies were way overcooked as well as the ravioli. My shrimp was grilled too long. The salad had plenty of lettuce but not much of anything else. In looking at the other reviews, perhaps I should give them another chance--call ahead or eat in. But my initial impression--not impressed.

• Visited May 2014

“Lunch at Olive Garden”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

When my friend and I go out for lunch, 9 times out of 10, olive garden is our first choice. Today we both had the soup and salad. Chicken & Gnocchi was my soup choice. This was the best bowl of Chicken & Gnocchi I've had. Maybe I was hungrier than usual - I don't know - but it was excellent! Our waiter was Taiwo J and he was great. Very attentive and friendly. He came by several times to check if we needed any refills. Good food - good price. Excellent service.

• Visited March 2014
“Olive Garden To Go”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was our first time getting Olive Garden to go and it was a wonderful experience! We called our order in and told it would be about 25 minutes for it to be ready. The order was ready when we got there and Shalini made sure that we had everything we'd ordered before we left the restaurant. When we got home everything was wonderful! Large salad - still fresh! Plenty of salad dressing too! I ordered Chicken Marsala - you can't go wrong with this! it is always delicious. My husband ordered Chicken and shrimp entrée and it was delicious too!

• Visited September 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“It's just another Olive Garden”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Typically I wouldn't rate an Olive Garden on vacation, but I was a little annoyed by our waiter, so I am posting. We were traveling and it was a Friday night, so we waited until late to eat to avoid any lines. We stopped in Springfield for the evening and decided to go here. When we were walking to our table, the guy who turned out to be our waiter looked us up and down as we walked by. He apparently knew that we were going to his section. When he came to the table, he offered no wine and didn't ask for appetizers. Yes, I was in shorts and running shoes on a Friday night, but I can pay for my meal. He took our order and brought our soups and meals as expected. I didn't get a refill on my soda as he apparently only heard my husband and didn't bother to clarify. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to get what I obviously needed and I was done eating by this point anyway. With the below average service and the so-so food, they get a 2 from us.

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“Very ordinary food”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Olive Garden used to be awesome but now it is obvious that their quality control has gone downhill. The soup used to be robust and tasty but now tastes like glorified water. The breadsticks that used to be flavorful now taste like cardboard with olive oil. And of course the meals are now just overpriced cafeteria food. Matter of fact my college cafeteria did better italian than this place. Darden take note that you are royally screwing your clientele and screwing over your staff by part timing them and cutting their benefits and sick leave.

• Visited April 2013