“Don't let the nice professional photos fool you.”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Sugar Land, Texas
“Don't let the nice professional photos fool you.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Based on the photos on tripadvisor for this hotel, I was expecting a nice romantic retreat. However, upon arrival, it was obvious that my expectations would fall quite short. This hotel was definitely older, and it showed. The atrium was incredibly hot and stuffy, and the hotel wasn't the cleanest. The blanket on our bed had a cigarette hole in it, and it was barely wheelchair accessible due to furniture placement. The two good things that I will say about this hotel are that the roll-in shower was one of the best designs for one that we've seen, and the woman at the front desk was incredibly friendly.
Because we were tired after so much traveling, my boyfriend and I decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel (it was more my boyfriend's decision than mine. I was a bit concerned about the quality of the food and the overall hygiene practices of the staff). While our waitress wasn't rude, she was quite short with us and never smiled. Our waitress also had VERY long nails with chipped polish....not exactly my preference for someone who will be serving me my food. Since I was a bit wary, I ordered something that I knew had seen very high cooking temperatures and ordered the chicken fingers with french fries while my boyfriend ordered their hot wings. I was pleasantly surprised with my meal. The fries and chicken fingers were both very good, actually some of the best I've ever had. Paul was a bit disappointed in his wings though. He said that they were edible, but were overcooked and probably the worst wings he ever had. Overall, I would definitely not choose to stay here again. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParaLaLove
QualityManagement001, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear ParaLaLove,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's truly regrettable to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I am very sorry that we fell short of our goal in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver superior accommodation to our guests.

We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose Quality for your future travel needs.

In hospitality,

Lawrence Barr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

First off let me say I try really hard to give a hotel at least 3 stars but I couldn't do that with this hotel. Let me start off with a few positives, the reception staff was really friendly and helpful. The bathroom was for the most part clean. That the good. The hotel is older and inquests due to the pool area being indoors the smell of mildew and mold is pungent. The carpet in the room makes you want to keep your shoes on. The bedding is older and the mattress was saggy. Like I said I really try to give 3 stars but I just can't do it this time. The most disappointing thing was no free breakfast. Really?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zebrasky
QualityManagement001, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Zebrasky,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I am truly sorry that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast at this time, we are looking in making some changes and that could be one of them.

Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here overnight on our way to Pennsylvania -- though we are familiar with Quality Inn, we used a coupon and did not regret it at all! Upon check-in, the staff was friendly and accommodating, handing us two bottles of water and 2 granola bars. We had a downstairs room that had a king-sized bed and overlooked the parking lot. Everything worked and was clean as one would expect from a Quality Inn. We were within walking distance of a lot of things including restaurants, though there was a restaurant/bar on site. The hot tub was refreshing after a long harrowing day on the road (driving through rainstorms). The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. There were no problems with parking and we noticed plenty of room for the long-haul truckers to park, too. We recommend this property and would stay here again -- with or without a coupon!

Room Tip: If you want to look out at the pool/hot tub/game room atrium, request an inside room. If you would r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityManagement001, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review. We hope you will think of us again if you are in the Springfield, Ohio area.

Dayton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

One of the best experience. The hotel looks very clean and the staff were very polite. The Manager checked me in and was very surprised that he was working at the front desk. The room service was on point and the food was delicious. I will definitely stay again and recommend the same to my colleagues. Thank you Mr. Lawrence for your hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear JuanC,

Your compliments were very much appreciated and the staff and I are glad you choose to stay with us.

937.323.8631 ext. 314
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Felt very welcome and all staff tried there best to accomodate Me. I stayed here while my truck was in the shop for repairs and this hotel seems very fitted for truck drivers to stay. They were knowlegable about the area as in attractions and so on and made this a pretty comfortable stay for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
QualityManagement001, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Eric N,

Hello Eric N, thank you for taking the time to write in to Trip Advisor today about your recent stay at the Quality Inn & Conference Center Springfield, OH. Your words and kind remarks are greatly appreciated. I will be glad to pass them along to my staff and ownership as well to let them know how delighted you were with your stay.

I hope to see you soon!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had the opportunity to stay here this past week prior to the long drive to Washington. Mike, I believe was his name, greeted me at the front desk for check in. He wad personable and helpful. The property interior was being or had been recently painted as you could still smell the fresh paint. While not in the best part of town, this Quality Inn has all that you need, ie pool, restaurant, gaming room for kids, work out room, so you don't need to go anywhere else during your stay. The restaurant staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
QualityManagement001, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear CraigL,

Thank you for your recent comments concerning your stay at the hotel, your comments are delightful to hear and I will pass on the praise to Mike as well.

Thank you again for great review and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

As a long haul trucker,this hotel is awesome it has a restaurant bar pool hot tub,rooms are clean an nice an staff friendly,great hotel.i love staying here.its also close to hwy an there is a good choice of restaurants in walking distance ,the Mexican is awesome ,also the cracker barrel

• Stayed March 2014
QualityManagement001, General Manager at Quality Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Lovelaw62,

Thank you for your informative post on Trip advisor. We do try to provide the best value and the cleanest accommodations possible.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon