Based on the photos on tripadvisor for this hotel, I was expecting a nice romantic retreat. However, upon arrival, it was obvious that my expectations would fall quite short. This hotel was definitely older, and it showed. The atrium was incredibly hot and stuffy, and the hotel wasn't the cleanest. The blanket on our bed had a cigarette hole in it, and it was barely wheelchair accessible due to furniture placement. The two good things that I will say about this hotel are that the roll-in shower was one of the best designs for one that we've seen, and the woman at the front desk was incredibly friendly.
Because we were tired after so much traveling, my boyfriend and I decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel (it was more my boyfriend's decision than mine. I was a bit concerned about the quality of the food and the overall hygiene practices of the staff). While our waitress wasn't rude, she was quite short with us and never smiled. Our waitress also had VERY long nails with chipped polish....not exactly my preference for someone who will be serving me my food. Since I was a bit wary, I ordered something that I knew had seen very high cooking temperatures and ordered the chicken fingers with french fries while my boyfriend ordered their hot wings. I was pleasantly surprised with my meal. The fries and chicken fingers were both very good, actually some of the best I've ever had. Paul was a bit disappointed in his wings though. He said that they were edible, but were overcooked and probably the worst wings he ever had. Overall, I would definitely not choose to stay here again. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn and Conference Center, Springfield, Ohio. This hotel is located in the revitalized corridor of St. Rt. 72 and I-70 at Exit 54. The Quality Inn & Conference Center is close to Dayton International Airport and the closest hotel to Cedarville University and offers special rates for parents and students. We are a host hotel for Wittenberg University, Urbana University, Clark State and nearby Wright State University. The Quality Inn & Conference Center warmly welcomes families for student orientation, parents weekend and homecoming. When in Springfield visit the historic Wescott House, the only Frank Lloyd Wright prairie style house in Ohio. Springfield is one of the largest antique areas in the country with the Antique and Flea Market at the Clark County Fairgrounds just minutes from the hotel. If you love antiques, don't miss this monthly event that has been showcased in Country Living and Country Home. If you love Golf, numerous courses are close by. The fairgrounds hosts one of the largest Cars & Parts Swap Meet in the area and is home to the Champions Center for the largest horse shows in the country. Springfield is home to Competition Accessories, Mid-Ohio Harley-Davidson and Buck Creek State Park for year round family fun. Minutes from Wright Patterson AFB and the historic museum and IMAX theater. At the Quality Inn & Conference Center relax in our large indoor pool and Atrium with family activities. Enjoy dining in the Atrium Cafe for breakfast or dinner and Crazy Joe's Bar for nightly happy hour and weekend entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn
- Quality Inn And Conference Center Springfield, Ohio