“Helpful staff, clean and well appointed.”

Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Steubenville
Carroll, Ohio
“Helpful staff, clean and well appointed.”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

As a Hampton Inn, it fell in line with pretty much most of the Hampton Inns throughout the area (although if you can make it to Wheeling, thiers is fantastic!). Easy to find, clean. However I frequently stay in Hampton Inns and Hilton properties and almost all recognized our HiltonHHonors status. The lady checking me in completely glossed over this. Not that a bottle of water and a small snack is a big deal but I wasn't sure if this stay's points were added in.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My husband and I went on a trip to the casino and got a little lost on the way home and decided to stay here for the night and was delighted by the hotel staff, I see they are need of updating but the customer service was exceptional and I was upgraded free of charge to a jacuzzi room after telling the front desk we were lost. The breakfast was great. The morning staff was delightful and the breakfast host was one of the best I ever encountered with refilling my coffee and taking my used plate. I would stay again if we ever traveled to the area. Great management and staffing in place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Hampton Inn in Steubenville Ohio is horrible. They did not honor the reservation I had made and bumped me to a completely different type of room. No one notified me of the change. I found out when I opened the door and did not see the whirlpool that was supposed to be in my room. When I told the girl at the reception desk, her reply was, "Room reservations are not guaranteed." WHAT???? She said there was a problem with the plumbing in the room. She could not move me to a similar room even though she told me one was available because the computer would not let her book the room. Again...WHAT???? Horrible attitudes, hotel run down, room they tried to put me in smelled.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The marquee said "Watch for our upcoming makeover" when I arrived, so had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised what I found. My first floor room was clean and comforatable.
Breakfast was fine although the french toast sticks were very hard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Hotel has seen better days, and considering its condition is way overpriced, but there are not many options in the area. Room door lock was not working, door did not lock behind me, TV was being updated (cable software) but they did not bother to provide any notice to guests, had to ask front desk twice about the TV before they got maintenance involved.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed at this property MANY times in the past, it use to be GREAT, what happened? Had non smoking room, smelled like an ash tray and had to be moved. The second room had wallpaper peeling off and no cover for the a/c unit controls. Breakfast eggs were like what I had in sea rations from military days 30 yrs ago. So called heated pool was not warm enough to use and the hot coffee or water for warm drinks after breakfast hours was non existant. The "business center" was a joke and had no internet service for 3 days, had to go to local library to use the internet, staff attitude on day 3 of no service was "well at least they are finally working on it" however it still didn't work. When I went to the front desk for something, no clerk,,,was outside sitting in boyfriends/husbands Escalade having a ciggarette.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Hotel was ok. Could have had more breakfast offerings (additional fruit choices would be nice) and since I have allergies, I couldn't eat the omelet offered due to the peppers. Larger coffee cups would be helpful as well. Front desk staff helpful with local directions.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Steubenville
Best Western Plus The Inn at Franciscan Square
Holiday Inn Weirton
#1 of 4 in Weirton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cadiz

Been to Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh? Share your experiences!