“Good Service”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Steubenville
Dyer, United States
“Good Service”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We always choose the Hampton Inn in Steubenville, OH when we attend events at Franciscan University. We love the continental breakfast. Most of the time the same lady is in charge of the breakfast. She is very considerate, friendly, and helpful. We love it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newtown
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The hotel is decent for the money - but has the only indoor pool in the area, which is why we chose to stay there. The pool temperate was beyond freezing. We told the staff, but they did nothing to fix it for the 2 day period we were there. Besides that, the hotel is the nicest in the town. Great breakfast and clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Carroll, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2013

As a Hampton Inn, it fell in line with pretty much most of the Hampton Inns throughout the area (although if you can make it to Wheeling, thiers is fantastic!). Easy to find, clean. However I frequently stay in Hampton Inns and Hilton properties and almost all recognized our HiltonHHonors status. The lady checking me in completely glossed over this. Not that a bottle of water and a small snack is a big deal but I wasn't sure if this stay's points were added in.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My husband and I went on a trip to the casino and got a little lost on the way home and decided to stay here for the night and was delighted by the hotel staff, I see they are need of updating but the customer service was exceptional and I was upgraded free of charge to a jacuzzi room after telling the front desk we were lost. The breakfast was great. The morning staff was delightful and the breakfast host was one of the best I ever encountered with refilling my coffee and taking my used plate. I would stay again if we ever traveled to the area. Great management and staffing in place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Hampton Inn in Steubenville Ohio is horrible. They did not honor the reservation I had made and bumped me to a completely different type of room. No one notified me of the change. I found out when I opened the door and did not see the whirlpool that was supposed to be in my room. When I told the girl at the reception desk, her reply was, "Room reservations are not guaranteed." WHAT???? She said there was a problem with the plumbing in the room. She could not move me to a similar room even though she told me one was available because the computer would not let her book the room. Again...WHAT???? Horrible attitudes, hotel run down, room they tried to put me in smelled.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The marquee said "Watch for our upcoming makeover" when I arrived, so had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised what I found. My first floor room was clean and comforatable.
Breakfast was fine although the french toast sticks were very hard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Hotel has seen better days, and considering its condition is way overpriced, but there are not many options in the area. Room door lock was not working, door did not lock behind me, TV was being updated (cable software) but they did not bother to provide any notice to guests, had to ask front desk twice about the TV before they got maintenance involved.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Steubenville
Best Western Plus The Inn at Franciscan Square
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Weirton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh? Share your experiences!