“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY”

Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Steubenville
Reidsville, North Carolina
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I travel all over the country for work so when I had to visit the Steubenville area for a funeral we naturally chose the Hampton Inn. I used my points for the room. 90,000 for a 3 night stay which I thought a little high, considering I had just used 24,000 for a night on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. No matter. The hotel staff were the rudest I have ever come across. They all acted like they were doing us a favor by just answering our questions. The first night the air conditioning broke. I called the front desk and was told to turn it off and then to heat and then to cool and it would work. Well, it didn't so after a night in a very hot room they moved us the next day. The next room the bathroom sink would not drain. Rather than risk their wrath again, we brushed our teeth and my husband shaved in the bathtub. When we left the sink was full of water. No word if it has been fixed yet. The whole place smelled like smoke. The wallpaper in the room was peeling all around the window and we had ants. My next letter is to Hampton Inn Corp. I want my points back !!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL. I would stay at a Motel 6 before this hotel again.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Front desk clerks are rude. A few were nice. The hotel is in a bad neighborhood. The hotel hall ways smell of smoke. Try and find another place to stay in Steibenville. The free food was terrible. I stay in Hamptons all the time for business. This one is by far the worse. The only positive I have is the lady who was running the breakfast was extrememly helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Steubenville, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Property is very nice. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They have a very good hot breakfast in the morning. I would stay at this property again and would recommend it other friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Vancouver, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Overall a very nice hotel. Good service, great breakfast, clean room. Very easy check in, check out. I especially like the quality of soap and shampoo (Neutrogena) - didn't make you feel slimy like most other hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The room cleanliness left something to be desired, and the security procedures of the front desk are lacking. Also, the entry way has a median which is not well lit and on a slanted hill which could makes it possible for some drivers not to see it and could easily be hit by a driver pulling into the driveway at night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great staff, clean and new appearance. Great Breakfast!! Close to Franciscan University. Hop, skip and Jump to Pittsburgh.We love the location for easy access to Ohio, W. Virginia and Pennsylvania. There realy is nothing more to say other than, WOW!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

apex, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very accomadating to difficult situations, as my mom was dying and I had to make an emergency trip to this location. when a toilet did not work properly, they moved me to another room and followed up to make sure I had everything that I needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Russell B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Steubenville
Best Western Plus The Inn at Franciscan Square
Holiday Inn Weirton
#1 of 4 in Weirton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cadiz

Been to Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh? Share your experiences!