“No amenities in the room”

Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Steubenville
Mount Joy, United States
“No amenities in the room”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

No soap, shampoo, towels in room upon arrival. I don't want to be the maid. I had to go to the desk and walk back with all of the necessities. This should have been done or I should have gotten a rebate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay for my husband and myself, because we were visiting my cousin in the area. The front staff was nice, by would not let me use my AAA discount. By quite sure why, especially when it says they accept it.
The room was clean, however even in our NON-SMOKING room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. Thank God I had a bottle of Fabreeze to spray around to help a little.
I was not impressed with the rock, I mean bed. It was hard, like sleeping on concrete, and the pillows were just as bad.
Although this was ideal in the vicinity to where we were going it was sooo not worth the $187.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Townsend, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed 5 nights.Cindy at the front desk could not be more helpful & accommodating.
Room had been recently updated & very clean. Bathroom was up to par. Cleaning crew was excellent when asked to leave extra towels, shampoo & conditioner.
Sharon on the breakfast staff was also very good. Breakfast food was very good.
Would stay here again without any hesitation.
Eric S.

1 Thank Eric S
Honolulu, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Staff was great - they were accommodating and gave me good info on local sites to visit during my free Sunday afternoon. Room furnishing were outdated, but glad to see bathroom floor tile was new and clean. Biggest detraction was that my non-smoking room had a lingering, unpleasant odor of cigarette smoke due to the smoking rooms at the end of the opposite wing. Hotel should go smokeless like most are doing now. No matter how well you clean them, smoking rooms pollute every other room on the floor. Although hotel was great proximity to client site, will not stay hear again due to smoke smell.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I travel all over the country for work so when I had to visit the Steubenville area for a funeral we naturally chose the Hampton Inn. I used my points for the room. 90,000 for a 3 night stay which I thought a little high, considering I had just used 24,000 for a night on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. No matter. The hotel staff were the rudest I have ever come across. They all acted like they were doing us a favor by just answering our questions. The first night the air conditioning broke. I called the front desk and was told to turn it off and then to heat and then to cool and it would work. Well, it didn't so after a night in a very hot room they moved us the next day. The next room the bathroom sink would not drain. Rather than risk their wrath again, we brushed our teeth and my husband shaved in the bathtub. When we left the sink was full of water. No word if it has been fixed yet. The whole place smelled like smoke. The wallpaper in the room was peeling all around the window and we had ants. My next letter is to Hampton Inn Corp. I want my points back !!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL. I would stay at a Motel 6 before this hotel again.
United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Front desk clerks are rude. A few were nice. The hotel is in a bad neighborhood. The hotel hall ways smell of smoke. Try and find another place to stay in Steibenville. The free food was terrible. I stay in Hamptons all the time for business. This one is by far the worse. The only positive I have is the lady who was running the breakfast was extrememly helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Steubenville, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Property is very nice. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They have a very good hot breakfast in the morning. I would stay at this property again and would recommend it other friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Steubenville
Best Western Plus The Inn at Franciscan Square
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Weirton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Weirton
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Steubenville Oh? Share your experiences!