“I love the Naples Spaghetti House”

Naples Spaghetti House
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Steubenville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I grew up in Steubenville where my family had homemade spaghetti at the Naples Spaghetti House for years. We have traveled back there over the years, and enjoy the special spaghetti, in the old spaghetti house of long ago. What delicious food!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don't be fooled by the outer appearance. Looks like a very small restaurant but when you go inside, you'll see multiple areas with seating. Staff is very friendly and service is quick. Menu offers several types of pasta and sauces. When you're salad is served, you also get like half a loaf of bread. The bread was soft and fresh. My husband ordered a half size spaghetti and meatball which was plenty. I ordered the eggplant parmesan with angel hair pasta. I should have asked if I could get a half order because it was huge. The food was delicious and we plan to visit again when we visit next year.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Go on Wed, Fri + Sun - when the bread used to make their legendary Meatball Heel is from Steubenville bakery. It's a great Italian bread, chewy with a great crust and stands up to whatever sauce gets ladled inside. On the other days, the bread comes from Pittsburgh and is too soft and soggy. So disappointing. You cannot stand it up with one hand while you dig your fork into the amazingness inside. This place is an institution! They should source a better bread for Tues,Thurs+Sat!

1  Thank Hellalouella
Reviewed 11 May 2018

As an Italian whom grew up with homemade everything, this is the closest I have found compared to momma's cuisine. The review from five days ago? Not sure what that's all about. The service greatly complimented the food. These were truly two great experiences for a guy whom has been transplanted to Texas where we have to put out an APB for great Italian food! What a value too! For lunch I had asked for a Uncle Joe's Super Sub for myself as well as my wife as we were both super hungry having just hopped off a plane in Pittsburgh. The server had advised us to just get one and split it. I thanked her but told her I was starving. She again advised that she would split one and if we were still hungry the second would be out quickly. This monster sub (made from a hollowed full loaf of fresh Italian bread) came out quartered. I could only get through one quarter as my wife couldn't even accomplish that. WOW! Our late dinner was even better. I'm hoping my son does the five year plan at Franciscan to allow me more visits to my new favorite Italian Restaurant in Ohio!! This place is a MUST! Yo Deano-you were spot on! That's Amore!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

The very complimentary reviews here must be coming from insiders and ringers? I can't believe we are talking about the same restaurant, which is touted to be "Dean Martin's favorite restaurant" in his hometown of Steubenville, OH. This must have been when he was about four years old. The photos of the food on this page don't look like anything I saw. Italian is my favorite so I know of what I speak. This was very run of the mill food - May 2018 - chick. parm. and lasagna were ordered. Was expecting an "old time Italian restaurant" - this is not it. It's more on the level of a truck stop, and many of those are better than the Naples Spaghetti House. No ambience, no class, and you'll be treated to having "Baby, Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" and other Top 40 hits of the 1970s and 1980s blasted at you while you're trying to eat.