“Unexpected delight”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stockport
Stockport Mill Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 6 November 2011

It was a gorgeous October day when my husband and I decided to take a drive. He had remember signs about the Stockport Inn so we decided to head that way for Sunday brunch. The Inn was situated right on a lovely river complete with a dam. The scenery was beautiful and easily viewed from the floor to ceiling windows. The buffet offered a nice assortment of tasty dishes to complement the view. It doesn't really matter, but should be mentioned that wine nor beer was not available for purchase. Also, please note that the roads to get here were quite curvy so allow extra time. The staff was friendly and the Stockport Inn was an unexpected delight.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen49InOhio

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Excellent value from the picturesque setting to the friendly and courteous staff...and I was a Manager in the hospitality business for a large downtown Cleveland hotel...Kudos to these folks...

Room Tip: all have beautiful balconies overlooking the Muskingham River
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rachel t
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We thoroughly loved this little inn, and the lady at the front desk was awesome. She made us feel like we were the only ones at the inn. The front desk closes at 9:00 pm, and we weren't certain we would arrive by that time. She not only stayed until we got there, but she assisted us with recommending a local pizza place that delivers to the hotel. She even brought china plates, glasses of ice, utensils to our room, along with a dessert. We arrived on a Sunday, and the restaurant buffet ends at 4:00 pm. Stockport is a very small town with limited restaurants, so we were happy that the pizza place was still open. Even though the inn was full, we felt like we had the inn to ourselves. Each floor has a common sitting area with library, tv, dvds and a kitchen area with continental breakfast. There is also a room where you can reserve a massage. We were in room 205 which was a bit small, but it had everything we needed. The view was quite impressive, and we enjoyed falling asleep to the sound of rushing water. If you siimply want to get away from it all, then this is the place to be. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank LynnKentucky
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel is not opulent elegance but instead a comfortble step back into our rural heritage. This old grain mill has been revamped into a cozy, homey, welcoming hotel. Our room had a high ceiling with a ceiling fan, colorful quilts on the comfotable beds, hooks for our clothes, a claw-footed tub with shower and curtain, TV in a cabinet, and a wonderful little balcony hanging out over the rushing river with 2 chairs and a table. We could see the old, but still operating lock, on the other side of the dam across the river. Inside there were little nooks and crannies everywhere and an inviting library/TV/game room, We were not expecting breakfast but were pleased that in the AM there was freshly baked banana bread, fruit, coffee and tea in the common area. The staff were friendly and helpful, the area beautiful, and the history evident. There are restaurants across the street for dinner (we were there during the week when the hotel itself does not offer food). The dining area that is used on the weekends is large with wonderful views of the river.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Windchime4
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Mill Inn numerous times over the past 10 years since it opened. At one point, I was a guest for three months! I had the delight of returning this week for two nights, and found the staff to be incredibly warm and charming and the room it to be super-comfortable. I was here on business, and while I missed having cell service in Stockport, the Inn's wifi was quick and I was able to communicate via email and webcam. I can't imagine why anyone would stay anywhere else in Morgan County!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank MJoTucson_AZ
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We have been to this establishment in 2002 and 2010. The scenary is outstanding from your room. They have added TVs since our first stay. We stayed in room 204 which is smallish but certainly adequate. We dined in on a Saturday evening around 7 PM and the resteraunt was virtually empty. The SW chicken for $12 was an excellent value considering we did not have to travel and it was smothered in cheese and juicy. This is a great area to take a walk. This is a perfect romantic get away place. We have done fall both times and really enjoyed. My biggest fear is this place will close in time due to a lack of business. It really is a great place of history worth visiting. There is really nothing else like this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobbandSuzy
Reviewed 25 July 2010

On 14 July 2010 at 4:29PM (PDST) I called the Stockport Mill Inn B&B (740-559-2822). The lady I spoke with told me that they had a non-smoking room for Friday evening (16 July) on the second floor with a private balcony overlooking the water with a Jacuzzi style tub—she quoted me $89.

And she told me that I could not cancel the reservation after Thursday morning; I told her I didn’t intend to cancel, but that we would be arriving around 9PM or later since we were coming from a long distance. She told me that they closed at 9PM and that I should call, if I was going to be later; she even offered to leave the key for me. We spoke for five minutes.

When I arrived on 16 July (Friday evening) at about 9PM, the receptionist told me that we did not have a reservation. Then, she found it, telling me that it was for Saturday night. And, now the price was now $170.

Of course at that hour, I had little recourse; after some consultation with some unseen person elsewhere, she offered me the same room but somewhat less--$149. In the end, I settled for a completely different room for $89.

Needless to say, I don’t think that anything about this transaction was satisfactory. Clearly it was a situation of bait-and-switch and they knew that I had little choice at that hour of the night to find something else.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank DocRichardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
The Blennerhassett Hotel
#2 of 10 in Athens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens
Best Western Plus Caldwell Inn
Comfort Suites Marietta-Parkersburg

Been to Stockport Mill Country Inn? Share your experiences!