“Nice stay - newly renovated rooms”

Courtyard Akron Stow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Stow
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The rooms are newly renovated and nice. Each room has a king bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofa and small chair. We were on the 2nd floor on the side of the hotel not facing the highway, such that the room was quiet. The only downside was that the 1st floor and lobby were undergoing renovation, which meant there was extra dust and construction by the elevators and lobby, but this did not really diminish our stay. The plus was that breakfast is complimentary until the renovation is complete.

Room Tip: Rooms not by the highway are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CA_Photographer

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Team hotel for my son's AAU basketball tournament. Hotel is in the midst of being renovated, our room was freshly redone and included a mini fridge and a microwave. Noise from passerby in the hallways is considerable, as is the freeway on the east side of the building (who knew so many 18 wheelers drive through Akron at 2:30 in the morning!?!). The hotel is conveniently located with restaurants nearby. Assuming they don't raise the rates once the renovations are completed , the hotel is a decent value for the money. If I ever return I will definitely request a west facing room and bring ear plugs to block out people talking as they walk down the hallway.

Stayed: April 2014
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback.
We greatly appreciate choosing the Courtyard on your recent visit to the Akron area.

We are sorry to hear that noise was an issue for you.
We are happy to hear that the hotel fit all of your other needs.

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Courtyard Akron - Stow

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is actually the second time we have driven to Stow and stayed at this Courtyard Marriott for a few days. It is located near Route 8 north of Akron, and it is just a bit off of the busy traffic and noise. In fact, it is next to a marsh or wetland area which has many birds. For us, the birds were calming. Our room was comfortable with a King and a balcony with seating which was clean and comfortable. We had a few small issues with plumbing, but they were corrected promptly with apologies. Breakfast is offered in house; however, directly across the main road is a wonderful small coffee house that offers food as well. We enjoyed this as well as the Courtyard for a few day escape.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west and the fields or wetlands. A King with a balcony adds comfort and space...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great comment. We are very happy that we could offer such a nice relaxing weekend away.

We greatly appreciate you choosing the Courtyard Akron Stow and we look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I checked in on Monday. Lobby was very pretty and is going to have a major renovation soon. I enjoyed sitting by the fire doing some work with a colleague. When I was getting settled in my room a TV repairman showed up and had to fix the TV. Took about 45 minutes, not a big deal. The heat in the room would not work and required a maintenance man to visit and correct the issue. Then the heat would not turn off. It ran all night.......despite me turning it off. Checking out on Tuesday April 8 at 6 am, I was asked how my night was.....explained about the heat etc. The lady asked the question but could have cared less when I explained. Maybe she was a little sleepy due to it being 6 am. Bill for the night over $200.00 for a horrible nights sleep due to excessive room temp.
The hotel rooms have just been renovated and are very nice. I travel for business 4 nights a week and Marriott hotels are my hotel of choice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Tracey,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard on your recent trip to the Akron-Stow area.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your standards, or ours.

I will pass these concerns on to the staff to ensure we take care of the issues.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms.

I would like to discuss the issues you encountered and see what I can do to get you back to give us another try.
Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss.

330.945.9722

Thank you again for your continued support to Marriott and Courtyard.
We greatly appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our team stayed at this hotel while we were in town to play some soccer games and I would definitely return to this hotel in a heartbeat! It started with great service from the Director of Sales, Ben Farmer. He bent over backwards to accommodate our team needs and made sure they were ready for us when we checked-in a bus load of girls. The hot and cold breakfast was terrific and was included in our room at a very reasonalby price! The great service continued throughout the weekend from the front desk and kitchen staff . And most importantly, the rooms were clean and neat. I do like Courtyards ... they are consistently very good!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Ghawks,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard on your recent trip to the Stow area.
I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We love hearing great feedback like this. I have recognized Ben for his outstanding service.
I am very happy to hear that the service from start to finish was excellent.

We look forward to your next trip so that we can continue to WOW you!

Thank you so much for your continued support to the Courtyard Akron-Stow

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I would stay here again if staying in Stow. There really isn't a whole lot to say about this particular hotel, which is good. I guess a good way to describe this hotel would be: it's a typical Coutyard.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard Akron Stow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott on your recent trip to Stow. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I travel to Stow/Canton area several times a year. I stayed at the Stow Marriott last year and have reservations in a few months. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I was told the bar was open in the evenings, however when I stayed, there was no service. Hope it is open during next visit.

Room Tip: I asked for room not backing up to highway. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Akron Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Courtyard Akron Stow? Share your experiences!