“Wonderful food, Patio could be better”
Review of Shy Cellars

Shy Cellars
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Strasburg
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food here is excellent! I especially like the antipasti board with its selection of cheeses and Italian meats. Wine selection is fantastic and bottle prices are very reasonable. I love dining al fresco, but would not recommend it here. The outside patio is in the font of the building, very close to the main door, and everyone entering the restaurant looks at you while you are eating. There is also a clear view of the highway which is exceptionally close to the restaurant and very noisy. A fence beside the main sidewalk, umbrellas at each table to block the sun and some outdoor speakers with relaxing music to drown out the highway noise would greatly improve the experience.

ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hi CCBN!
First, thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor!! We appreciate when our guests share their experience with others, especially when we did a great job! I personally want to thank you for your feedback on the patio. It's a work in progress...and you are right, we need umbrellas and some music!!!!!!! I am working on that at the present time....in fact, I just told my husband that I think we should put a fence up all the way around to help with the sound from the highway, so I totally agree with you about the noise issue. We are trying to make the patio enjoyable for our guests because we personally love alfresco dining, and want everyone to enjoy our patio with us! Hopefully, the next time you visit us, we will have a more enjoyable patio environment for you and everyone else! Again, thank you for your rating and your comments.....we truly grow and learn from them!! Chef Sherry

Reviewed 10 July 2014

What a beautiful, classy and eclectic restaurant! We stopped by out of "wine curiosity" and ended up enjoying a wonderful lunch. We will return for dinner (and make it a point to do so) next time we are close by. Great value for delicious, thoughtfully and skillfully prepared food. We were so surprised to find upscale dining and atmosphere in a non-burb area. Congrats to the chef, waitress and staff. Phenomenal!

ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi Mary!! THANK YOU so much for your visit and kind words!! When someone like yourself has a great experience we are THRILLED!!! You are the reason we do what we do!!!
Have a super day & hopefully we will see you again!!
Chef Sherry & Staff

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had stopped at Shy Cellars several times and had their velvet desserts and their wine. This time I had lunch. It was truly one of the best dining experiences I ever had and I go out a lot! The service was exquisite and the server, Chris, especially attentive without hovering. She knew the menu very well and was helpful about what could be split and not.

The other employees in the restaurant all made us feel at home. The chef, Sherry, came out to be sure we werer satirfied with our meal. The person in charge of the wine tasting, Jelissa, greeted us like old friends. They were all so attentive and very good about having my service dog there.

The meal was one of the best I ever had. The crabcake was fantastic and melted in my mouth. The salad and coleslaw had wonderful additional ingredients like goat cheese that made them memorable. And I will never have bread pudding anywhere else because it was so good.

The atmosphere is so calm and peaceful and the tables are not pushed together so there is no room . It is open and inviting and lends to the entire experience of dining.

This place is hidden in Strasburg, Ohio and a lot of people do not know it is there! I cannot wait to go back again and again. Thank you for a lovely afternoon at your friendly place.

Jane Biehl and my service dog Sita

ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi Jane!! We are thrilled that you enjoy your visits to SHY Cellars!! It's our pleasure to serve!!! We all love what we get the opportunity to do, and we love seeing our guests come back.....so when we greet you like old friends it's because you are!....and you Service Dog!!

Thank you for the wonderful review! Blessings to you both!

Chef Sherry, Jelisa, Chris, & Staff

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The prime rib was cooked great, but as I am not a great fan of prime rib (too much fatty portions), I was hoping for a bigger menu selection. Also, the atmosphere was not very inviting. The kitchen was completely open to the dining areas and should have had better ventilation aw it was a bit smoky. I'm glad that nothing was burnt!

1  Thank Maryann H
ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi Maryann! Thank you so much for dining with us! I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy the kitchen view....we have it open so people can be a part of the experience as well as watch their food being prepared. So many places cook meals in the microwave anymore, and we wanted our guests to see that is not the way their dinners are being prepared. I'm sorry it was a bit smokey. . . the back room vent may not have been open! I apologize for that!! If you visit us again, be sure to ask for a table away from the kitchen!
Thanks again for visiting us and your review!
Chef Sherry

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A friend and I visited the restaurant for lunch one day, and she immediately made reservations for her anniversary dinner with her husband. They shared that the prime rib was the best they'd ever had...So my husband and I came back for just that. What a wonderful meal! Prime rib extraordinaire, roasted asparagus on sautéed greens, salad and roasted potato rounds....OH MY! This meal is worth the drive any day!!! No kidding! The chef came out to greet us and actually carried out dishes out to the kitchen. The atmosphere is exceptional....food to die for...wine and beer excellent and attentive staff and detail to all your experience....makes for a favored day/evening trip for us!!! They even offer a menu to those who have food allergies which is a huge plus to friends I've referred this restaurant to....Kudo's to a fine dining experience!

1  Thank Shirley D
Sherry S, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Shirley! Thank you so much for the great review! We truly love what we get to do at SHY Cellars!! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us!!
Thanks again,