“How interesting!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Strasburg
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Budds Creek
“How interesting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Some friends had told us about this new place and we were in the area and decided to give it a try. It is a small modular building that doesn't seat alot, but the atmosphere is quite nice. I first thought it was a winery, but soon learned that it is not, just have tasting @ $.50 cents a pop. The menu offers very little selection, but let me tell you, what they do have is out of sight. The cheese/olive tray is very nice and the scallops were cooked perfectly. A very nice change of pace, and I'm sure they will need to expand very soon.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rachot7
Sherry S, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Hello! I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent visit with us! Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future again! Thanks, Chef Sherry

“Always a good time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife visit almost once a week for lunch and than an occasional diner. Sherri and her husband do a wonderful job of making you feel welcome every time... they go out of the way to prepare the highest quality food portions they can. Last visit had the scallops...wonderfull... most restaurants only give you 3-4 average sized scallops ...we had 5 very oversized scallops leaving us more than full... even tho we are moving to Atlanta in Dec....we will defiantly stop by when in town.... must try once.

1 Thank findmybeach
Sherry S, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi FindMyBeach!! I LOVE that name by the way!!! Thank you for your support & business and wonderful words of encouragement! It's a blessing for us to serve others, just as you and your wife do!! We are going to miss seeing you guys when you head south.....one day, we hope to do the same!! Thanks again for supporting us!!
Blessings,
Sherry & Ralph
Canton, Ohio
“Wonderful food, Patio could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food here is excellent! I especially like the antipasti board with its selection of cheeses and Italian meats. Wine selection is fantastic and bottle prices are very reasonable. I love dining al fresco, but would not recommend it here. The outside patio is in the font of the building, very close to the main door, and everyone entering the restaurant looks at you while you are eating. There is also a clear view of the highway which is exceptionally close to the restaurant and very noisy. A fence beside the main sidewalk, umbrellas at each table to block the sun and some outdoor speakers with relaxing music to drown out the highway noise would greatly improve the experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi CCBN!
First, thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor!! We appreciate when our guests share their experience with others, especially when we did a great job! I personally want to thank you for your feedback on the patio. It's a work in progress...and you are right, we need umbrellas and some music!!!!!!! I am working on that at the present time....in fact, I just told my husband that I think we should put a fence up all the way around to help with the sound from the highway, so I totally agree with you about the noise issue. We are trying to make the patio enjoyable for our guests because we personally love alfresco dining, and want everyone to enjoy our patio with us! Hopefully, the next time you visit us, we will have a more enjoyable patio environment for you and everyone else! Again, thank you for your rating and your comments.....we truly grow and learn from them!! Chef Sherry
Lorain, Ohio, United States
“Completely taken by surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

What a beautiful, classy and eclectic restaurant! We stopped by out of "wine curiosity" and ended up enjoying a wonderful lunch. We will return for dinner (and make it a point to do so) next time we are close by. Great value for delicious, thoughtfully and skillfully prepared food. We were so surprised to find upscale dining and atmosphere in a non-burb area. Congrats to the chef, waitress and staff. Phenomenal!

ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi Mary!! THANK YOU so much for your visit and kind words!! When someone like yourself has a great experience we are THRILLED!!! You are the reason we do what we do!!!
Have a super day & hopefully we will see you again!!
Chef Sherry & Staff
North Canton, Ohio
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had stopped at Shy Cellars several times and had their velvet desserts and their wine. This time I had lunch. It was truly one of the best dining experiences I ever had and I go out a lot! The service was exquisite and the server, Chris, especially attentive without hovering. She knew the menu very well and was helpful about what could be split and not.

The other employees in the restaurant all made us feel at home. The chef, Sherry, came out to be sure we werer satirfied with our meal. The person in charge of the wine tasting, Jelissa, greeted us like old friends. They were all so attentive and very good about having my service dog there.

The meal was one of the best I ever had. The crabcake was fantastic and melted in my mouth. The salad and coleslaw had wonderful additional ingredients like goat cheese that made them memorable. And I will never have bread pudding anywhere else because it was so good.

The atmosphere is so calm and peaceful and the tables are not pushed together so there is no room . It is open and inviting and lends to the entire experience of dining.

This place is hidden in Strasburg, Ohio and a lot of people do not know it is there! I cannot wait to go back again and again. Thank you for a lovely afternoon at your friendly place.

Jane Biehl and my service dog Sita

ShyChef, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Jane!! We are thrilled that you enjoy your visits to SHY Cellars!! It's our pleasure to serve!!! We all love what we get the opportunity to do, and we love seeing our guests come back.....so when we greet you like old friends it's because you are!....and you Service Dog!!

Thank you for the wonderful review! Blessings to you both!

Chef Sherry, Jelisa, Chris, & Staff