Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great staff, front desk made it easy at check in. Wonderful breakfast attendent, she is going to be married. As she will be moving away with her new husband it will be a loss to the hotel. Good luck in your new life.We have stayed at this hotel before and have always found it to be comfortable. It is an aging property and could use a little TLC.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked this hotel for a three day trip to Kent State University for a conference but then just a few days before my trip had to unexpectedly cancel due to a family emergency. I cancelled my reservation 3 days prior to my anticipated arrival. I was able to get my airline tickets refunded BUT NOT THE HOTEL. I was still charged for the full price, even though when I spoke to the manager, Mark, he said they put someone else in my room! So they made double the money!!

I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. I was very disappointed because its not as if they had to charge me because they didn't use the room because of my cancellation, but because the staff was inflexible and, frankly callous, towards the whole situation. Holiday Inn has just lost a loyal customer. I would rather spend a little more money than go through an ordeal like this ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Jamie P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We aim to provide competitive rates and I am deeply sorry that you were inconvenienced with what we had offered. Rest assured that these issue will be addressed and your comments will be passed on to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I got a room on the ground floor right opposite the reception. I was apprehensive that the noise from the reception would be a concern, but was not prepared for the thunderous sounds everytime the person in the room above mine switched on the shower [which seemed to happen frequently]. My worst sleeping experience in all of my hotel stays. I complained to the reception, but was told that all other rooms were booked. There was no shuttle service either, which is unlike most Holiday Inn Express properties in the US, and ended up paying a bomb for the cab recommended by the front desk for a 5 mile ride to work.

Room Tip: Not the ones on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear ArunTourister,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and we will follow up with our Maintenance crew to further improve our service. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was a typical HIE, not new but pretty well kept up. Nothing specail, but a good clean room. My cost was $120 which I thought was a bit high. The shower head was at only 6 feet, so I had to bend over, but otherwise no issues with the room. The breakfast was the usually hot stuff & the dining room was clean.

Room Tip: I picked the top floow - they are more quiet & tend to show less wear & tear.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Bsnss_Trvlr5,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and breakfast up to par with your expectations. I ma sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Easy on/off the highway location. Room was very clean and nicely appointed. It's a 3 story hotel - first floor rooms are right at parking lot level, so if you don't like that ask for a second or third floor room. There is an elevator. Even with proximity to highway, this is a very quiet hotel. We were exhausted, and the room-darkening draperies and quiet allowed us to sleep through breakfast!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are at ground level, so if you don't like that - request a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
HIEStreetsboro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Susan L,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our staff. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a clean, comfortable, and quiet stay. Hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Amar Patel,

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We checked in around 1:30 am after long day and night of driving. Young man at the front desk was busy watching something on his laptop. We asked for king room, he said there is no king available, only 2 queen for 119. There were just few cars parked outside, so it's really hard to believe there was no king room available...We had 10% discount that we got from the toll booth. So it came to 109 or so. But with all the taxes, state, city and county (ridiculous) it came to 122.89. Bit expensive for average HIE along the highway. Morning breakfast was ok. Like in any other HIE. At least it was clean and quiet, but next time we'll rather stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Mayka27,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize you have experienced during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed 1 night in the hotel it was clean, comfortable and quiet. It is walking distance of an excellent chineese buffet in the plaza next to it and also to Denny's, McDonald and Burger King. WiFi worked well. TV Channels are many wished they had TVLand but most are included. Breakfast had hot and cold items available only until 9AM even it was Saturday. I wish it was until 10AM or keep the cold items till later. Overall a definite repeater

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Streetsboro
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Comfort Inn and Suites Streetsboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro? Share your experiences!