“Little tired but serves the purpose of a one night stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is a little tired but it is close to the turnpike and a few national chain places to eat. It is quite and they do have a decent breakfast for free. The bathrooms and beds could use some updating. If you are stoping off the turnpike and need a place to stay for the night it serves the purpose

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Biztravr,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I am happy you like our location for your travel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations due to the condition of the bed and bathroom. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We booked this hotel for our weekend trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Weekend. Its about a 45 min ride to Canton but actually works out well since the closer hotels were booked and expensive. And we needed a room with 2 beds and a sofa bed so it was perfect. We thought we might have had an issue as we booked a non smoking room and the hallway had a smoke smell. But the room was fine so it turned out ok. The staff was friendly, we had no issues with the room and overall it was clean and well kept. The hotel is located on a main road with many things around it. Food, stores, gas stations all right there. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I advanced purchased a No Smoking room. When I opened the door to the room and I was greeted with the smell of smoke. I went down to the front desk and asked for another room. They were full that night, and stated that they have been trying to convert to a non-smoking hotel since November 2012. They offered to spray the room. I did opt not to stay. They were gracious and did refund the money back for the room. Luckily there were hotels with openings down the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear TravelinArnie,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great staff, front desk made it easy at check in. Wonderful breakfast attendent, she is going to be married. As she will be moving away with her new husband it will be a loss to the hotel. Good luck in your new life.We have stayed at this hotel before and have always found it to be comfortable. It is an aging property and could use a little TLC.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked this hotel for a three day trip to Kent State University for a conference but then just a few days before my trip had to unexpectedly cancel due to a family emergency. I cancelled my reservation 3 days prior to my anticipated arrival. I was able to get my airline tickets refunded BUT NOT THE HOTEL. I was still charged for the full price, even though when I spoke to the manager, Mark, he said they put someone else in my room! So they made double the money!!

I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. I was very disappointed because its not as if they had to charge me because they didn't use the room because of my cancellation, but because the staff was inflexible and, frankly callous, towards the whole situation. Holiday Inn has just lost a loyal customer. I would rather spend a little more money than go through an ordeal like this ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Jamie P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We aim to provide competitive rates and I am deeply sorry that you were inconvenienced with what we had offered. Rest assured that these issue will be addressed and your comments will be passed on to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I got a room on the ground floor right opposite the reception. I was apprehensive that the noise from the reception would be a concern, but was not prepared for the thunderous sounds everytime the person in the room above mine switched on the shower [which seemed to happen frequently]. My worst sleeping experience in all of my hotel stays. I complained to the reception, but was told that all other rooms were booked. There was no shuttle service either, which is unlike most Holiday Inn Express properties in the US, and ended up paying a bomb for the cab recommended by the front desk for a 5 mile ride to work.

Room Tip: Not the ones on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear ArunTourister,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and we will follow up with our Maintenance crew to further improve our service. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was a typical HIE, not new but pretty well kept up. Nothing specail, but a good clean room. My cost was $120 which I thought was a bit high. The shower head was at only 6 feet, so I had to bend over, but otherwise no issues with the room. The breakfast was the usually hot stuff & the dining room was clean.

Room Tip: I picked the top floow - they are more quiet & tend to show less wear & tear.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland - Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Bsnss_Trvlr5,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and breakfast up to par with your expectations. I ma sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.