“The Worst!”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Maryland
“The Worst!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is a guest review by Mrs. Chrispy. She wrote these between 2am and 5am at the Econolodge.

I can't believe I
had to fight with front desk to
get this crappy room

Walls are way too thin
here at the Econolodge
why won't they shut up

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chrispysmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Streetsboro, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2012

It is very hard to take a shower without a shower curtain....after we went to bed someone was knocking on our door, when we got to the door no one was there, then shortly after that someone called on the phone and hung up...the hotel is in poor shape with curtains with holes....will not stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank egyptiankitty
Michigan
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Stayed here one night recently on our way to Virginia. I thought for the price, we got a deal. It looks like an older motel that's been renovated. Our room was clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was bare bones, but adequate. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JN1975
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 September 2011

When we first arrived to the hotel we had told the woman we wanted to check in, when we gave her our name she told us that we had one room...there were 7 of us and a baby and we had booked 2 rooms with 2 queens...she continued to tell us we only booked one room and that they didn't have any other rooms because they are full (which we found out later was a lie because there were so many empty rooms) we then pulled up our confirmations numbers on our email and she had nothing to say about it. Later that night when we went to go to bed we realized there were no fitted sheets on the beds!! I did not want to sleep on a bed with no fitted sheets, i move around a lot in my sleep and really don't want to touch the mattress considering i don't know who has been on it. They also kept giving us 3 towels when they knew there were 4 of us. WE HAD TO FREAKING LEAVE THE MAID A NOTE SO WE WOULD GET 4 TOWELS!!! The next morning i went down for the continental breakfast at 8 and there were a couple pieces of bread left! (hours: 6am-10am) I work at a hotel and we keep refilling the breakfast for the guests apparently they just didn't care!!! I then asked for some fitted sheets and the guy turned to the girl and in another language must have asked her, she left and returned with a normal top sheet..i had enough at this point! i then preceded to tell him no the FITTED sheet with the ELASTIC on it and he then went on to tell me that they don't have enough for their rooms!! what the hell is that!?? I work at a hotel half the size of this place and we have 3x as many sheets so that all the beds have sheets. another thing that upset me was when my sister in law went to smoke outside (where there are ash trays) 4 or 5 of the Indian people that work there sat at a table and stared at her the whole time she was out there! SO RUDE! I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN! and on our last night there we met another guest who's bathroom was broken and changed rooms and that rooms smelled like mildew. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO CLEAN THEIR ROOMS AND CARE ABOUT THEIR GUESTS!!!! and maybe consider fixing the broken ice and soda machines! I will tell everyone i know to stay away from this awful place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank katie z
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2011

When we arrived, the front desk clerk acted as if she was annoyed that she had to bother checking us in. She refused to give me more than 2 keys per room (we had booked 2 rooms and had 4 teenage children with us) and said that we could not give keys to anyone under 18. Really? The a/c did not work in my room, and there were not cots in either room that I had reserved. When I asked about that, she said that the website I had booked through did not say we had cots on our reservation, even though I had the printout right there with me showing I had asked for cots for each room. She informed me it would be $10 per night per cot, even though the rate I had on the sheet included the cots. So I had to pay an additional $40 from my room quote. Then, I asked about a Triple A Discount, and she refused to give it to me, saying the rate I had was cheaper than I would get with the discount, but did not explain to me why. The breakfast was horrible, the orange juice didn't taste like anything at all, and all the employees/owners sit in the lobby and watch everything you do the entire time you are there. The rooms were dirty, and the carpets were stained. I felt like I was inconveniencing them and did not feel welcome at all. I will never stay here again, or another Econolodge for that matter. Not willing to take the chance.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LIBBerated
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I have stayed here few times in recent years. I must say that the place has changed since year 2008. I saw major improvement in this hotel which has inspired me to write this review. Nice new carpet, clean and comfortable rooms with friendly staff. This has been one night stop for me for quite sometime and this last stop has made me want to stop here in the future also.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Attalla, Alabama
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This hotel was better than we expected for the price we paid. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was a good size and clean. I was very surprised to see negative comments on this motel. The only somewhat negative thing I could say was that the free breakfast was small and had a limited selection.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business