“Rude employee” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Cleveland, Ohio
“Rude employee”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The rooms were clean, the receptionist was very knowledgeable about the area and polite, and the breakfast was what was expected. My husband and I would say that we got what we paid for and our stay was satisfactory, but one thing really got on my nerves. As we were leaving check-in, an old Indian man walked by calling the receptionist a "fat lady." I had assumed he was a guest at the hotel who was just upset, but when I went downstairs later to ask about restaurants in the area, the man walked by and commented the same thing again. I give that I had interrupted the poor girl while eating her dinner, but I the fact that this man was so rude made me angry. She wasn't even fat! She offered that it wasn't a big deal and that it was just another employee. If it hadn't been later in the evening, my husband and I would have checked out! We do not want to give our money to hotels who allow their staff to be treated in this fashion. And to top it off, this old man was walking the halls repeatedly. It was kind of creepy. I'm sure he could leave the hotel for a stroll if need be.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank adec90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Central New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

When I arrived I was given a non-smoking room that was filled with smoke. The staff were efficient and helpful in getting me into another room that was not smokey, which was good. Unfortunately, the room and the rest of the hotel was dirty. The price and the location relative to the turnpike were the only pluses for this place, but if I were traveling through the area again I would try for another place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 311visit
syracuse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here on a trip to visit KSU. Our room featured a king bed and a sofa bed pullout. We did not use the pull out. The room was clean. The air conditioner worked OK, it looks like they were putting new ones in. The ice machine was broken on our floor, but the floor below had a machine we could use. Cheap price for a cheap hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

drove cross country from DC to Seattle. stayed in a lot of inexpensive motels. this was the bottom of the bunch (the others were generally Super 8s but not always). the pillows were lumpy, the sheets were paper thin, the towels were old and kind of ragged, there were hairs inside the pillow cases - I could see them through the translucscent sheets and you know how other people's hair kind of skeeves you out a little? that's how I felt. the breakfast "foods" were inedible - some sort of trans-fat caloric collection of sugary carbs. no fruit. no normal bread. no bagels. the coffee was drinkable. I actually *slept* ok here which was the main goal. but the price, compared to subsequent Super 8s which were cleaner, nicer, etc, made me feel like I'd actually been ripped off for what I got.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chompo b
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Unfriendly and lazy staff, didn't want to make more regular coffee. Bare bones (was the cupboard bare?) breakfast, no fruit, pieces of white bread laid out on a tray to toast and crappy donuts, milk for cereal set out without being kept cold. Come on! There were families here from all over the country for Twins Day..could have tried a little harder to put your best foot forward! Second floor halls smelled like cigarettes. No ice in ice machine on second floor, had to go to first floor. MOLD showing behind wallpaper in our room! It looked like the room had previous water damage to ceiling and walls. Wallpaper stapled to walls under window.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank GoCamino2014
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is a guest review by Mrs. Chrispy. She wrote these between 2am and 5am at the Econolodge.

I can't believe I
had to fight with front desk to
get this crappy room

Walls are way too thin
here at the Econolodge
why won't they shut up

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!