“Fine”

Econo Lodge Streetsboro
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Helpful friendly staff. Quiet and clean room. A little worn around the edges but nothing nasty or gross. Basic uninspiring breakfast. Well lit parking lot. It's a good bargain for a one night place to crash

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stopped here for one night just passing through on I-80....the hotel served it's purpose for one night. The beds were comfortable but the A/C was virtually non-existent. It took well into the late night hours before the room finally got cool enough.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We chose EconoLodge for the location and the price. Both of these were great. However, that's the end of the great. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly enough, but not overly friendly. Also, he said he would have to charge us $5 in order to manually enter our credit card number... is that for his trouble, because I've never heard this. The hallway to the room smelled of must/mold/smoke? - Gross. The room didn't smell the same as the hallway, but it was far from a clean smell. The wallpaper was peeling, and had multiple tears and scuffs in it. The bathroom was small, no big deal, but there was an ice bucket catching water from the pipe that came out of the toilet... The bed was ok, but didn't feel very clean... no stains or anything just a vibe. There were MANY stains on the couch in the room, and multiple stains and burn marks in the carpet (in a non-smoking room), as well as a very poor "patch job". Just good enough to sleep in, but we were glad we were only there one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

You get exactly what you pay for. The hotel did not have an elevator so we had to carry our bags to the second floor. The next time I stay in Streetsboro, I will pay the extra money to get the extras. I would rate this hotel as a one star hotel instead of a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Uvette B
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The rooms were clean, the receptionist was very knowledgeable about the area and polite, and the breakfast was what was expected. My husband and I would say that we got what we paid for and our stay was satisfactory, but one thing really got on my nerves. As we were leaving check-in, an old Indian man walked by calling the receptionist a "fat lady." I had assumed he was a guest at the hotel who was just upset, but when I went downstairs later to ask about restaurants in the area, the man walked by and commented the same thing again. I give that I had interrupted the poor girl while eating her dinner, but I the fact that this man was so rude made me angry. She wasn't even fat! She offered that it wasn't a big deal and that it was just another employee. If it hadn't been later in the evening, my husband and I would have checked out! We do not want to give our money to hotels who allow their staff to be treated in this fashion. And to top it off, this old man was walking the halls repeatedly. It was kind of creepy. I'm sure he could leave the hotel for a stroll if need be.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank adec90
Reviewed 25 October 2012

When I arrived I was given a non-smoking room that was filled with smoke. The staff were efficient and helpful in getting me into another room that was not smokey, which was good. Unfortunately, the room and the rest of the hotel was dirty. The price and the location relative to the turnpike were the only pluses for this place, but if I were traveling through the area again I would try for another place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 311visit
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here on a trip to visit KSU. Our room featured a king bed and a sofa bed pullout. We did not use the pull out. The room was clean. The air conditioner worked OK, it looks like they were putting new ones in. The ice machine was broken on our floor, but the floor below had a machine we could use. Cheap price for a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family