“Great place, great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Alliance, Ohio
“Great place, great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

This hotel was great! Everything about it was clean and everyone was very friendly. The only complaint I had was the internet service was a little dicey. I had a hard time staying connected in our room. But didn't have much time for that anyway so wasn't a big deal. I reserved a double room with a rollaway and the staff so kindly upgraded us to an executive suite at no extra charge. The continental breakfast was good too. I really don't have any negative things to say about our stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
casffi, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Good Morning,

I would like to take a moment to Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our property! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the connection issues you experienced with your internet. We are working closely with our Internet provider in order to get the problem resolved. Hope to see you soon when your travels bring you this way!

Take Care,

Carrie Shrodek, Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Spring Valley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here en route to Cleveland. The location is excellent, 30 seconds off the highway. The lobby is clean and nicely decorated though rather small. In fact the whole hotel is on the small side, considerably smaller than Hampton Inns. Service was friendly. The King "Spa" room was the one of the smallest we have ever stayed in and we felt the decor could definitely use a freshening. The bathroom is decidedly outdated and noticeably worn. The jacuzzi works well but there should be an enclosure around it since it is right in the middle of the room, plus the tiles are very slippery and it requires significant athleticism to get in. The whole thing is cumbersome and hazardous. At the very least there should be rubber pads on the stairs and bars to help you get in and out. Though there are no smoking signs everywhere that say the whole establishment in non-smoking, the hallway outside our room on the 3rd floor reeked of smoke between our room and the stairs at the end of the hall. The hotel is pitched as an upscale limited service hotel, but really the whole experience says "Fancy Motel". We have gotten better values in Quality Inns and Best Westerns in other cities. Interestingly, on the inside of the bathroom door is says "Price of room: $199.00/night". I'd like to know when that was, I would guess at least a decade ago if ever. Still, at $100 a night it was a good deal and we may stay there again if on a tight budget.

Room Tip: "Spa" (jacuzzi) rooms all face the highway but with the window closed the noise wasn't...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
casffi, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Hello!

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your recent review of our property! It is your comments and feedback that help us to continuously improve. I apologize that you experienced an issue with the smell of smoke during your stay. We try very hard to enforce our non- smoking policy with all of our guests, and I apologize that we fell short. We are a moderate tier hotel from the Marriott brand and the price you saw on the back of the bathroom door is a state requirement and not our typical nightly rate. Courtyard by Marriott would fit the description of an "Upscale Limited Service Hotel" more so than us at the Fairfield Inn. We try to provide a room type for everyone from a business traveler to someone just looking to get away for a weekend, which is where our Spa King Room would fit in. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and if there is anything I can help you with post checkout, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the property.

All the Best,
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We have stayed on this hotel multiple times while visiting our daughter in school. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and we have never had any issues. The breakfast attendant is very conscientious and deserves recognition, maybe even a "tip jar", since we always tip the room staff. Wish they had queen beds since we are tall adults who enjoy a little extra width and length in the bed. Otherwise a very good experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary B
Hello!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the wonderful review of our property during your recent stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Streetsboro. It's great to hear that the staff here treated you well, I will for sure pass the comment along to the Wendy. She works so hard and it's great to see that guest's love her as much as we do! :) If I can assist you with a future reservation or show you a King room or King Suite where you may be more comfortable in, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for your patronage! We hope to see you again soon!

Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed here because my son had a medical appointment in Akron.

1. Sheets did not fit the bed, which which revealed a large (I swear it was blood) stain on the mattress, which was also dirty looking and way past needing replacement.
2. Dirty carpet and worn room over all
3. Reserved crib was not available, when we got it two days in it was dirty and smelled.
4. Complementry hot breakfast includes a microwave

I will never stay here again, and cannot believe such a run down place got an overall great review. Its probably the staff pumping it up. Stay at motel six if you want better quality than this for cheaper...

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
casffi, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about the recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Streetsboro! I appreciate your comments, as our number one goal is to provide the best possible service. I am so sorry you experienced these issues during your stay, please feel free to contact me at the property at any time.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

The staff is wonderful, especially the front desk staff and breakfast attendant. The woman working in the breakfast is very welcoming and great to talk too, which makes breakfast early in the morning before you hit the road for a long day ofn driving less of a pain. Very filling breakfast, great waffles, and breakfast sandwiches, tons of cereal choices and also great coffee! The room was very clean, and the fitness center met my needs. Overall a great place place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Nicole N
casffi, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the wonderful review of our property during your recent stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Streetsboro. It's great to hear that the staff here treated you well, I will for sure pass the comment along to the Wendy!! We strive to provide the best possible service. Thank you for your patronage! We hope to see you again soon!

All the Best!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Great welcome and explanation of all the facilities offered. Speedy check in. I don't know how they do it! No fuss, quick swipe of the credit card and away you go. Everything in order and no hassle.

The complimentary breakfast was one of the best. Such a selection of items to pick from. Amazing value. I should also single out someone who offered great service. Wendy in the breakfast room was fantastic. Don't have a single bad word to say about her. She made us feel so welcome and kindly offered some advice on our onward journey. Great job Wendy! Thank you

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
casffi, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the wonderful review of our property during your recent stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Streetsboro. It's great to hear that the staff here treated you well, I will for sure pass the comment along to the Wendy!! Thank you for your patronage! We hope to see you again soon!

jessicaamorris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I was glad to get adjoining king rooms at the last minute while driving on the Ohio turnpike. The best part was they had a pack and play for us and provided a free baby soap and a toy cow. Such a fantastic attention to details.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
casffi, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the wonderful review of our property during your recent stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Streetsboro. It's great to hear that the staff here treated you well and the location worked perfectly for you. I'm also glad to hear we were able to accomodate your little one :) Thank you for your patronage! We hope to see you again soon!

Carrie Shrodek, Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Streetsboro
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Comfort Inn and Suites Streetsboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 9 in Streetsboro
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro? Share your experiences!