“Happy find”

TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stopped in for the night to split up a road trip. It was conveniently located off the highway, and there was a Walmart across the street if you would need anything. Our room was clean and there was no smell of cigarette smoke or anything else. The kitchen was outdated (which really isn't important for a short stay) and you could tell the furniture was just a bit worn, but nothing to turn your nose up at. The room was a good size and the TV was new. They had a good selection at the continental breakfast. The gym was decent, a bit small once there were 4+ people (1 elliptical, 2 treadmills, and a small free weight section). They also allow pets for a small fee, which is great. It's difficult to find a nicer hotel that will allow animals. No complaints from my family and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
salesstreetsboro, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro was enjoyable.

All the Best!
Carrie Biery

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have stayed at this motel in the past with my family and overall have always been very satisfied. The motel is pet friendly, generally very clean and the rooms are better than average. With that said, the rooms are due for an update and the bedding/mattress could be improved. The TV in our room did not work but it didn't matter to us as we checked in at midnight. Otherwise this would have been a problem. The breakfast is very good, however there really is no where to sit.

The biggest issue and concern I encountered on this visit was safety. The only way our door could be locked was from the inside. We were unable to pull the door shut to lock as the lock became jammed. However what was most shocking was the fact that when I left my room key in our room and I had to go to the front desk to get a replacement I was never asked for ID or even any questions to confirm who I was. This occurred in the morning as we were loading our vehicle and I had never been to the front desk other the night before. The morning desk clerk had no idea who I was and I literally walked through the front entrance and asked for a room key. I was prepared to confirm my information, but was never asked anything. Just given a key.

I am not certain I would stay here again as a result of my concern for the safety of my family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I know this hotel is typically for travelers who are staying awhile, but I was only in town for one-night on this particular stay. Overall, my stay was just OK. The room itself was fine and clean (only a small hair found on the toilet). I'm glad I checked the windows because they were both completely unlocked and I was on the first floor! You'll find all the typical amenities that you would find in most hotels, although there was no in-room safe, which I prefer to have. I didn't particular care for the location of the TV...it was easy to watch if you wanted to sit on the couch, but not so great for watching TV in bed. You could rotate the TV around somewhat, but it would have been better if it rotated further. Also, the volume wouldn't go all that loud and when the noisy AC was running, I could barely hear the TV.

I did use the fitness room, which was pretty small. You'll find two treadmills and an elliptical machine. The TV channels didn't come in all that clear and there were no sanitary wipes that I could find. There were a few dumbbells, but in general, I was not impressed with the fitness center, and would have really been disappointed if I were staying longer. There is a water station and scale in the fitness room and is open 24 hours by room key.

Breakfast was average at best with eggs, bacon, cereal, breads, fruit, yogurts, oatmeal, and you could make your own waffle. The quality of the food was average and there was certainly not enough chairs and tables. There is about seating for 10-12 or so and there was no place for me to sit when I arrived for breakfast around 7am.

Free WiFi is available in the lobby and in your room.

In the end, the hotel was just OK for me, but next time, I will likely check out one of the other area hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This property needs a thorough cleaning... The rooms look shabby... Stained furniture, carpeting, etc. just felt very worn and tired to me for the price. The breakfast area is ridiculously small for the size of property it is... The food selection was good, but there were only spots for about 10 people to sit. And this is pressed against the food counter so it was chaos on Sat morning. No one could maneuver and you had to wait to find a place to sit and eat. They should at least provide trays to encourage carrying it back to the room since they can't accommodate everyone. The pool was small and looked dirty...would not let my kids swim in it. I'm a regular Marriott guest... This isn't their best foot forward.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Noel G
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here one night the room was big clean and it had a kitchen with a fridge and a microwave.the bed was not very comfortable to me I did not get a good nights sleep on the plus side the staff was very friendly..I don't think I will stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cainrcc
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I credited into this hotel might before last on my way back home from a seminar in NYC. The guy who checked me in was very nice and welcoming even with me checking in after midnight. I had a studio, which was large with a large flat screen TV that swiveled. The room had a full size refrigerator, small stove, and came equipped with dishes and utensils. The only downside was that there didn't seen to be much breakfast - the scrambled eggs were gone and the sausages looked a bit grey. I took several of the individually wrapped muffins and hit the turnpike rather than ask them to replenish the eggs and sausage

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lia48202
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is clean and very comfortable. In the morning breakfast is included and they do have a breakfast eating area.. tables, chairs. Not all Towneplace Suites have tables and chairs! The breakfast had hot items as well.. eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal all were available in addition to the usual cold cereal, fruit, etc.

We had personal notes in the room identifying our request for extra towels and feather pillows.. all granted and awaiting our arrival. What a wonderful experience.

Very pleasant people, quiet... perfect for us on a one day stay on a road trip.

Room Tip: They are far enough from the hwy where traffic noise is not an issue.