“Clean, nice & pet friendly”

TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
New York City, New York
“Clean, nice & pet friendly”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here on our quarterly travels between groups of grandchildren. Took our small dog with us so options are more limited. TownPlace (a Marriott property) in Streetsboro very clean, nice, and accommodating to those with pets... dog bones on check in for the dog. Very nice room, with all special requests met, with kitchenette. We travel early so nice that breakfast starts at 5am, allowing us to take advantage of what we paid for. Will definitely stay here again. Lots of restaurants and WalMart nearby. Less than quarter mile off of I-80/90.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billq-newburgh
salesstreetsboro, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello!
Thank you so much for filling out a Trip Advisor Review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you would like to discuss anything further with your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Carrie Biery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Customer service is a big deal to me a ps a frequent traveler and can often outweigh other aspects of a hotel, for good or bad. This hotel had phenomenal customer service that made the somewhat lumpy pillows and chilly outdoor pool meaningless. The front desk attendant made sure our crib was in the room (this property has wisely invested in crib liners), had keys ready at check in (with warm cookies), gave us the option of using the next-door Fairfield Inn's indoor pool, and recommendations for great places to eat nearby. The outdoor pool was not heated on a chilly summer day, but we were offered their pool toys to take to the neighboring property, again, a nice touch. Check-in was a breeze (less than 2 minutes for 2 rooms). Breakfast was simple but well presented, well stocked, and attended by two very helpful, cheerful staff. The fitness room was small but great, with some free weights, cardio equipment and posters with workout tips. The kitchen was very nice to have to unload the cooler into the fridge for the night, fill the ice bags, and serve dinner to a hungry traveling family. We saw quite a few other guests with pets, but were never bothered and could tell the hotel had made it a priority to strike a balance between those traveling with and without pets. A great hotel, and again, cannot say enough about their amazing customer service! (Just get some non-lumpy pillows & you'll get a perfect rating from me!)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MommyLovesToTravel15
Washington, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When they say Pet Friendly they certainly mean it!!!
We were very happy with our one night stay here. All staff members were very helpful and friendly. The accommodations were clean, spacious and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
salesstreetsboro, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro was enjoyable.

CARRIE BIERY
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cleveland Streetsboro
tps.clesw.gm@marriott.com
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

After a long day of driving, we found this property. They are pet friendly, very clean, nice facilities, have a pool, laundry and snacks in the lobby and the staff are very nice and helpful. I definitely will return!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
salesstreetsboro, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 16 July 2014

CARRIE BIERY
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the moment I checked in, I felt like they valued me as a customer. The desk clerk welcomed my travelling party warmly and with a genuine smile. She explained the services available here. Breakfast buffet, workout area, free internet, when the breakfast is served. She also asked if there was anything else we needed and to let her know. Thank you Ashley.

The room was very nice and roomy. Clean and well kept. No leaky faucets or blown out light bulbs. This hotel is very conveniently located very close to an Ohio Turnpike exit. So on and off the toll road was a breeze.

There were only a couple of issues. The breakfast was restocked as needed. The woman working was making sure of that. Unfortunately, the breakfast area is so very small. There is only enough seating for 10 people which I'm sure on a weekend with a fully booked hotel could be an issue. Since a person in my traveling party uses a mobility device, it was hard to get situated without being in other guests way. The room really needs to be ALOT bigger.

The other thing is just my personal thing, the carpet in the hallway where the rooms are were patterned with a section of stripes, then a section of swirling circles, then stripes again. Plus, the room we had also a different type of swirling pattern. So it was just enough to make you feel dizzy. Can't they just use one complete design of carpet on the floor in the hallway. People with dizziness issues or neurological issues or sight issues could have problems with the pattern of the carpet that might cause other problems for that hotel guest.

*** Personal note, I am travelling with a person who does have the a fore mentioned issues, that's why I mentioned the carpet thing****

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
salesstreetsboro, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. I really appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share it with the staff. I apologize for some of the design standards. We are looking into increasing the size of our breakfast room during our next renovation. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me! Thank you again!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Light bulbs out in the bath area. Went to the desk, staff unsure where replacements were kept. Had to suggest we get one from another room. Next morning, unable to work at the desk as bulbs were not in the desk lamp. Again the staff unable to find replacement bulb, and again took one from another room. Returned in the evening to refresh ourselves to find that room not cleaned, wet towels still in the bath, etc. Off to the desk again, this time for towels. So, if you stay here, check your lights first, you may get the room with no bulbs. I understand not cleaning the rooms on Holidays (the desk will usually inform) but with the price of these rooms, I deserve clean towels. As an added note the bedding in these rooms have been updated over the past year, but not the mattresses. The sofas are EXTREMELY worn and smelly. We were offered minimal "extra points", what we want is a clean comfortable room. This establishment not up to Marriott standards or maybe Marriott standards have changed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
salesstreetsboro, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cleveland Streetsboro, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello!
My name is Carrie Biery and I am the General Manager of the TownePlace Suites. I want to take a moment to apologize for your most recent experience. I want to assure you that I have discussed the issues involving the light bulbs with my housekeeping staff, as well as, with the front desk. I have made the necessary corrective action measures to assure that this does not occur again. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced this and it is not a typical occurrence at our property or at any Marriott property. I hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us another opportunity to make up for this stay.

All the Best,
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Previous years we stayed nearby at another hotel and it has gotten pretty rundown. But after taking a tour of this facility in January we were impressed with the suites and setup. We returned with family for a special occasion for Mothers Day and the suite was perfect for four adults. Furniture was is a bit run down in the living room but as a whole it's well worth the money as nearby competitors charge the same without the kitchen. They had your usual free breakfast set up and was very clean and fresh. On Sunday they forgot to clean our place ( it was Mothers Day and I'm sure she was in a hurry to go home) but the front desk manager took our towels and delivered clean ones with clean glasses. She would have cleaned the whole place if we would of allowed her. The staff is very friendly.
The best part is that this hotel is Pet Friendly!!
We only heard one dog bark once and being dog owners ourselves it didn't bother us.
I will definitely return in the near future.

Room Tip: If the shower and bathtub is clean without moldy chalking or rust stains then it's a winner. Not...