“Great Food, Great Service, but turn down the music!”

Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 127 Restaurants in Strongsville
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Food & service were top notch. The craft beers are also excellent. My gigest complaint is the music. In a half full restaurant at 7:30pm on a Sunday night the music was so loud it made conversation difficult at our table. The satellite radio station choice should also be reviewed by management (they were playing some type of fusion / techno that had some very repetatitive and annoying instrumentals. Also, we were seated near the kitchen and could hear different music blaring from there, in addition to shouting over the music by the kitchen staff. Two different music sources, playing two different types of music, that were both way too loud, plus the loud voices from the kitchen made for an unpleasant experience. We have dined at the Brew Kettle on many times, and this was the worst. I would have rated The Brew Kettle excellent had the atmosphere been better.

There are newer reviews for Brew Kettle Taproom & Smokehouse

Reviewed 14 August 2011

According to my wife, I’m a Beer Snob!! I love the verities of beers at this location and I can spend a lot of time with their sampler size beers.

The place is always crowded…so make sure you get there early for happy hour.

FYI…they have a GREAT Blackbean vegetarian burger that is AWESOME for even us MEAT eaters!!

1  Thank MocNJen
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is one of my favorite low key places. The food is great and the beer is better. I have been here a number of times and the only drawback is the wait. Most of the time I have been lucky and scored a table pretty fast. I think this is more of an adult restaurant however, people do seem to bring kids with them...I love the Pork Burrito. I also tried a beer sampler which I never had before and I loved 4 our of 5 samples. The only one I didn't care for was the Peach beer. I thought it tasted like vomit. However the other 4 beers were outstanding! I normally don't like dark beer but the Rasputin was tasty. The agave wheat seemed very mellow not much flavor but not bad. The Hefeweizen was realllly good and David's Double. The beer isn't cheap but it is a nice change of pace from the same old. This place is loud, fun, and always a treat. Service can keep you waiting because they are soo busy but they are always friendly which makes up for it.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

On our way to Detroit for the first of our four-game baseball tour this past July, we stopped here for lunch. We had found the place through - where else - Trip Advisor as a possibiity for a lunchtime break from the drive. 30 beers on tap, from imports to locals and an interesting assortment of barbecues, etc on the menu. As we were driving on, only a small beer was tasted, but a tasting sampler is offered! It is half restaurant, half local pub and just the right sort of casual for the traveller off the Interstate.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Pulled into this non descript restaurant and bar in a strip shopping center on our way to Pittsburgh last night. We did not expect much but when the sampler platter and BBQ Speghetti came, we were overwhelmed. Fast and friendly service, a huge menu that should please everyone, massive list of beers (but we were driving), and fair prices. Most of all, great food and I saw a lot on the menu I wanted to try. If going down the Ohio Turnpike do not stop at the service areas to eat, stop here