“Don't stay if you need a fridge to your store your breastmilk.”

Holiday Inn Strongsville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I am a flight attendant and stay all over and have not had problem getting a fridge to store my breastmilk I even offered to rent one they would not rent me one because I am not staying for two weeks. They offered to keep it in a common area I will not store it where who knows what could happen to it. I even called ahead to get one they are the rudest people no customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank bad1979
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We appreciate you taking the time out to write feedback about your stay. I would first like to apologize for the problems you occurred during your stay, we are working to improve our staff and our property. A renovation is scheduled for April and we hope that the renovation will help with the problems you occurred. Thank you again for your feedback and hope the next time you stay on another over night we can accommodate you better.

Rosanna S

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently we stayed at this hotel as part of a hockey tournament arranged booking. They accomodated no less than 10 teams for the weekend and did so with ease. I was impressed at how organized the staff was and how well run the hotel was considering the staggering amount of people descending there and the varying schedules you get with a hockey tournament. As a professional traveller I found the rooms to be satisfactory and well appointed. Clean and stocked was the function we needed and this was met. The pool area is well equipped and the business center was accessible for rush printing. The facility was always busy but the staff handled with ease. The onsite restaurant/lounge was busy as expected but the staff were diligent and service oriented. The 3 elevator lobbies made short work of guest transport and there was lots of shopping and dining very close to location. The fact that they pulled off a weekend event of this scope makes points with me. I did feel sorry for anyone not there for hockey however as the halls were always full of people coming and going to the arena and of course the ever present kids looking for a place to be happy. Kudos to them and if they can handle this, they can handle anything.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. Im glad that you had so many nice things to say about us! We love to improve so negeative feedback is wanted, but having you say so many positive items about the hotel is so nice to hear. Also you are right we were very busy that weekend but I am so glad that everything worked out smoothly for you. Thank you again for taking the time out to let us know that we are doing a good job.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel is average, but I was going to rate it higher. Outdated but clean and a super nice staff, Then I ate at the attached restaurant and bought some stuff at the pantry. Holy cow expensive! $3 sodas in Chicago, Sure! Middle of nowhere Ohio? No. Oh yeah, watch for all the drunk hockey parents. Stayed here twice and wanted to establish an AA Branch.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th aka the top floor. Room was okay. Bathroom was large.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write feedback, without feedback we cannot hope to improve with out it. I am excited to say that we are expecting a renovation very soon to improve our look so we no longer look outdated. Also I would like to say sorry about the drunk hockey parents I hope they were not to loud. Once again thank you for writing feedback and we look forward to seeing you again after our renovation.
Rosanna S.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I travel every week on business, from 3 to 5 days a week and have talk to staffs along the way and found out that feedback is the best thing. I checked in on monday, after a long travel and expected a warm greeting, but the two girls at the desk, one who checked me in rosanne, were to busy talking to each other about their own lives to even recognize me. I stood their for minutes before they saw me. Guess her blonde friend was more important than my long travel. The room was ok, but found old candy on the floor, which is gross. The only good thing was shannon at the bar. My associates and I came back from a tough day at work and not only did she greet us well, but she treated us like friends the whole time. Greet service Shannon! You made our night better! Overall, I would say this place is ok. Rooms ok, but should be better. Service at reception not good. And some gems in the mix. Only would be back if the company pays for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback, with out feedback we cannot hope to improve. I am very sorry that you were not greated properly at the front desk, since I am the one that was the problem I take full responsiblity for my lack of professionalism. Your long day of travel is very important to us, I am working on improving myself and my staff. Thank you for your great compliment on Shannon she will be happy to hear that she was the best part of her stay. In closing I would like to wish you a Happy Holiday and a great New Year, and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

In this "pet free" hotel a 3 day State fish convention was held with multiple aquariums in each room, and rude, foul-mouthed people haggled over fish in the halls all day and night. We found this to be very offensive!

Room Tip: A handicapped room should include a tall toilet and walk in shower, not just numerous grab bars. Als...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback, we always like to hear about the stay. I am very sorry that we did not inform you about the fish show before you came in, also I would like to say that I am very sorry that your stay was not to your standards. Futher more I would like to appoligize for the vulgar guests that were near your room. It was very unfair to you that the other guest were not handled by the staff while you were here. We value all feedback and thank you for bring all this to our attention so we can inprove upon it for next time.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We arrived late in the evening, just before midnight. When checking in with the front desk, the woman who was working was very rude. She was doing some sort of task at the desk but refused to acknowledge that we were standing there for several minutes. Then, while getting our key, she was short and very unfriendly. I have stayed at this hotel before and had the same experience with the same woman, but last time assumed she was having a bad day.

When we got off the elevator we were immediately met by a horrific smell all throughout the hallway. It smelled like a very bad-smelling baby's diaper. The smell get worse as we passed a hall trashcan and the ice machine. We assumed someone must have put something bad in the trashcan.

After getting to my room, I went back down the hallway to the ice machine to get some ice. The smell there was overpowering, but when I was that close it smelled as though it was coming from the ice machine itself. I decided not to get ice from that machine and went to a different machine on a different floor.

The next morning, when leaving, the smell was no better. As I passed the ice machine I decided to take a picture. You can see the bottom is covered with some sort of gunk. It does not look like it's been cleaned in years.

I was awakened before my alarm by housekeeping. There were cleaning other rooms around mine and were letting the door slam every time they went in and out of a room. They continued doing this the two hours I was in my room until it was time for me to check out. It seems like common sense that housekeeping would not do this as people may still be sleeping. Also, it was not that late - I was awakened at 7am!

I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and while the food was very average, the waitstaff was excellent and friendly.

Room Tip: The carpet in the hallways is very thick and not well tacked down. It is difficult to pull heavy lug...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Rosanna S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we always like to hear from our guest about the stay. I am very sorry about the grumpy front desk agent and we are in the process of correcting the problem. Also we are working to make sure our staff is taking care of the smell of the ice machine, and to make sure they are cleaned each day. We are looking forward to our renevation soon and hope to see you again after we revamp the property.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Have stayed here twice and had trouble with lack of adequate room heat each time. "Maintenance " was called each time, but there's not much that can be done. The heaters are sub-standard.
Their phone message while you are on hold informs you about how wonderful they are, but getting a live individual to help you is a challenge.

Food in restaurant was good I thought.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback, we always like to hear how the stay was. I am very sorry for the lack of heat in your room and the fact that maintenance could not resolve your problem. We are expecting a renevation very soon and hope to see you again after we are done. Also thank you for the comment about our food, our chef and restaurant staff will love to hear it.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strongsville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield

Been to Holiday Inn Strongsville? Share your experiences!