“Cool, good food, but some frustration”
Review of Selah

Selah
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Struthers
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A unique restaurant in Struthers, Ohio featuring European/American food, full bar, a private vault for guest parties. A hometown restaurant with big city flair.
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We made a recent surprise visit to Selah. Given the area we were impressed with the ambience which is enhanced by the fact that the space was formerly a bank. By keeping the old teller windows and creating a private, reservable dining space in the old vault - the door is MASSIVE - they have capitalized on the architecture.
The menu included sophisticated and simple dishes. We dropped in for a drink and an app - the chicken orzo soup was excellent, the mussels were unique, salty and yet, not satisfying in quantity nor presentation.
We chose two craft beers from their list only to have our order delayed because the first they didn't have chilled and the second was out of stock, but the server failed to communicate before we asked on the status of our bevs.
I would give them another chance but we don't travel that way - this visit was a rare excursion. Too bad. I wanted to like them more.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Great food accept for my talapia sandwich I wouldn't recommend it. Im still tasting it. Great service, nice wine, great creme brulee. I will try it one more time, its worth it, what the heck.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Atmosphere is very relaxing and unusual.....old bank converted to restaurant. The owner teaches cooking classes, and offers "Bella Cucina" where he cooks in front of you and sings Italian songs. Wonderful!!!!!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

My family and I dined at Selah last night for my son's birthday. We made reservations in advance to be seated in the 'vault'. Perfect place to sit with 2 small boys who stayed busy going through the old safety deposit boxes. Menu selections were varied and the food was excellent. The Bourbon Beef Tips was a good choice for those who wanted beef and the Selah Chicken was perfect. The children had penne/meatballs - tasty tasty sauce. If you love good food, cool atmosphere, and live within driving distance you have to try Selah!

1  Thank DianeC
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This is a great restaurant...the food was excellent, the atmosphere is relaxing,,,,they don't rush you in and out. Its an old bank turned into a restaurant but they saved the history and give you a great atmosphere.