My family of three stayed here after visiting the Ohio State Fair the first weekend in August. We live in Northeastern Ohio and wanted to be north of Columbus on the day after our fair visit. We booked a king suite which had a king size bed and double foldout couch. The bed was extremely comfortable. The fold out has thin mattress but our son said it was comfortable too and he slept well. I'm not sure I would have slept well on it but it would be great for kids or a young adult like our son. The room was fairly quiet, I could hear some sounds in the hallway but truthfully we were so worn our from our day at the fair we probably wouldn't have heard anything from above anyway. The temperature controls were very quiet and kept the room at the perfect temperature for us. The room and bathroom were very clean.
We used the pool. It is small but satisfactory for a refreshing dip, the air in the pool area was very warm and the water a little cool but not cold. There is a small exercise room adjacent to the pool area with a television. We did not use the exercise area.
The bathroom in our room had a standard size tub with jaccuzi jets. They only worked for one cycle, then shut off until you drained and refilled the tub so you can't use it for a long time. This was somewhat disappointing.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. However, one problem we encountered was with the Wi-Fi access. We were given a code at check-in, only to find out later that you needed a code for each device you wanted to hook up. First time I have ever encountered that issue. It was not a big deal to us, again we were worn out from the fair. The AM clerk said the night staff should have asked us how many devices we had. Something to keep in mind if you stay here. We were able to easily log on with the one device we used, the Wi-Fi signal was strong.
The other reason I only gave them 4 stars was the short period of time the free breakfast buffet was open on weekends. Upon check-in we noticed that breakfast was only served from 6:30 am to 9:30 am on Sat and Sundays. Really??? Only until 9:30 on weekends! With a checkout time of 12:00 pm that's way to early to end the buffet on the weekend. We were not able to take advantage of the breakfast on our stay. I really missed their cinnamon rolls, they are very good!
With the breakfast, I believe this hotel merits the price. Without, it's a little pricey. You might want to factor that into your decision to stay here, whether you are willing and able to roll out at what might be a very early time if you roll in late the night before.
This hotel is close to I-71 with many restaurants and gas stations nearby, including a Starbucks that is in walking distance. So if you too miss their breakfast, you have lots of other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area features interior corridors, wireless high speed Internet, indoor heated pool, a fitness and business center. Bus & RV parking is available. We are conveniently located in a rapidly growing community 10 miles North of Columbus and I-270, 'Home of the Buckeyes' and minutes away from Polaris Fashion Mall. For all the Little Brown Jug race fans, we are only 8 miles east of Historic Delaware. Attractions in the area: Delaware County Fairground 9 miles, Alum Creek State Park 1 mile, Ohio Wesleyan University 8 mi, Eden Horse Park 4 mi, Sunbury Village Square 3.5 miles, Columbus International Airport 30 miles. Northstar Golf Club, with a 72 par is a top notch course located just 2 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area
- Holiday Inn Sunbury
- Sunbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sunbury-Columbus Area Ohio