“Great one day - Not so great the next.”
Review of SouthBriar Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
SouthBriar Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Have had the opportunity to go the SouthBriar four times in as many months for lunch. Three of the four were fantastic - great service, great food. The fourth time was so-so. My Mother and I had enjoyed it so much and bragged it up. Mom invited several of her friends to go. Unfortunately they were all greatly disappointed. Cold, greasy, tasteless.
The times that were good, I enjoyed the sandwiches and the potatoe latkes with the homemade applesauce. They make their own breads, too. I will go back again, hoping that there was a substitute chef in the kitchen on the bad visits (and hope they don't invite them back to cook). Nice pleasant atmosphere. Servers professional and personable. Lunch menu is very reasonable.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Louie G's is now the Southbrier. Great food and entertainment.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great menu excellent food and drink. Entertainment! Murder Mystery at least every other month.
If you like Big Band music Thursday night this is the place to be. Music atarts at 8 pm, but come early for dinner before the show. Usually music Friday and Saturday night and special programs mixed in on other evenings. Tom & JoAnn are your hosts.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

We went to Southbriar to celebrate one of the many christmas gatherings during this holiday season. Let me start out by saying the atmosphere is great. Its cozy and dim, but not too dim, lighting really set a good mood. My uncle had the prime rib, and that was AWESOME. If your planning to order something other than prime rib, I would suggest you go and find yourself a different resturant! I could go on and on about the awfulness of everyones meals but it would take me a good page and a half to go into the details. I ordered fettucini shrimp alfredo and french onion soup. Both of which I have had several other times at hundreds of other resturants due to the fact that those two items are my favorite foods. To give you some kind of idea, I have probably tried close to 50 different resturants french onion soup, and by far this was the WORST. I am confident in saying I would recieve a MUCH better french onion down at Panera Bakery in comparison to this place. It didnt even TASTE like french onion. It tasted like rosemary tea with onions and some type of pumpernickle bread with plastic cheese on top, to give you an idea. And the fettucini, oh my word. They werent even linguini noodles and the sauce tasted that of Kraft mac and cheese except that the sauce was cream colored instead of crayola orange/yellow. I have only reivewed a handful of resturants and I mostly try to leave constructive critism or try to find atleast SOMETHING that I liked. However, if atmosphere is the only thing that matters to you on a night out and you dont care if the food is HORIFFIC... then this place is for you!

2  Thank emasse57
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We went on a Saturday night and the place was not very busy. There was a talented jazz group performing and you'd think it would have been busier. It seemed like a bad sign, but everything was very good. It started off on a strange note---a very good martini was served in a tumbler---but we rectified that and everything went well afterwards. The food---salmon, chicken, salads---was excellent, prepared exactly as ordered. An unusual bread, like a french bread but sweeter, was served and we were told it was homemade. In fact, our server said everything is made to order. An unexpected finding was the large number of German dishes on the menu. They were said to be very popular. Drink and food prices were reasonable.

The presentation was handsome and the service was professional. In fact, everyone from bartender to servers, were helpful and friendly. I can only surmise the economy is responsible for the surprisingly quiet evening. The only drawback: the wine list was limited and uninteresting, I was afraid to try the $4.50 house wine and stayed with a mixed drink. A wider variety would seem a necessity.

2  Thank GPsy