Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveller reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveller reviews.

“The Worse Case Scenario”
Review of Days Inn Toledo

Days Inn Toledo
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Corning, New York
“The Worse Case Scenario”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Our Wind Ensemble stayed here for only a few hours until one of our rooms got broken into! The front door didn't shut correctly and was perfect for thieves. Whoever did it, they threw all of the girls stuff everywhere. An ipad was stollen, two ipods and two wallets that I can recall. In addition, the cops were very unprofessional, the manager never showed up as though this was a common occurence. We ended up leaving to another hotel- the entire wind ensemble. We just could not feel safe, especially the victims. Even though the front desk personthought they saw someone go in the room on the camera, the hotel changed their story the next day and said they saw nothing. They also fixed the broken door to make it look like nothing was ever wrong. They even had the nerve to claim that it was an "in-house" activity (mind you, we're a Christian college and completely trust one another to never commit such an act) and would not reimburse us even though we didn't stay the night. If you want a safe place to stay, do not even consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here...period.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had to stay for 2 days. long story short. Beds smells. Iron discolored my clothes,nois during the night time that can wake you up. I had to leave earlier on night. so three ppl in the front desk told me they will refund me ,then their manger KAL show up in the morning to tell me No and started to blame me for taking a room of 69 for 39( which is not my problem ,they gave that to me) and he revoked the refund. I just wanted to advise them to study more how a hotel can be run and customer satisfaction is a big deal in a place like toledo which is a city older than a denasor.by the way the breakfast quality is so poor to compaired to the Dallas plano days inn that i satyed in for one week.I also suspect that doors get locked really.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ali A
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I'm a head of a crew working for a communications company. We had a project in the Toledo area for six months. I chose this hotel based on their moderate prices and adequate location. The rooms and facilities were ok considering that we were out at work most of the time, but the decisive factor was the high speed internet which we heavily relied on to download and upload large buisness related design files. The internet worked just fine in the first couple of weeks of our stay. Then, suddenly, it was crawling slow like a slug. Files that normally took 20 minutes to download were taking 8 hours or more and our laptops were being kicked out of the network on regular basis . When I contacted the manager to complain he told me that they've just "Upgraded" the internet system for a better one. When I tried to explain how important fast internet speed to our work was, all I got was a promise to work it out with their service provider, which never happened.
Finally, I decided to take my crew to another hotel before our whole project was in ruins.
Not recommended for business travellers.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms are renovated. They're way better than ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kip L
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This was just sad. We were in town visiting family, just figuring it'd only be for a place to sleep we weren't too worried about spending the night there. Around 1am we arrived...the room was big, with a king sized bed. The room was a little older but really we just wanted to sleep. We loaded our luggage inside...when I went to lock the door...it wouldn't lock. In fact THERE WAS NO LOCKING MECHANISM AT ALL IN THE DOOR. You could push it open from the outside! Soooo when we got to the front desk the extremely RUDE horrible lady there was on the phone with a reservation. If I was the person on the phone I would have hung up, she was just rude and mean. So she hangs up and looks at us. Ok...so my bf says "we need to see about getting another room." She said, "What." Awesome. He was polite and told her it didn't lock. After huffing, puffing, and making new keys she moved us down the hall. No sorry about that, no here's a new room for you...nothing just chucked us a new set of keys. This room was nicer. Same king bed, newer sheets, but NO TOWELS....luckily we could get in the room with the busted lock and took the towels from there. I was in no mood to go back to the front desk and deal with the rude lady. Look I know it's hard to find help on the night shift. But really, if you hate your job, and hate people so much...customer service is just not the right place for you. Two minutes of faking friendly is way easier then being rude and losing customers. Showering was not so good. We had a blast of hot then a blast of cold.....there was no warm...we would much rather sleep on the pull out coach then go back to this place.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asianchick
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The hotel is literally right off the side of the highway; a blessing and a curse. You can hear the highway from your room if you are on the back side of the property. It's kind of scary at night and to be honest didn't feel very safe. The parking lot was really dark out near the restaurant near the front desk and made me uncomfortable. I'm sure that if the right management came in and cleaned the place up a bit and put the right twist it might do great, but not like this.

Room Tip: Highway is loud in rooms on that side of the building.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex S
MOUNT VERNON
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This place is creepy. It is not clean and not worth it. If I could do it over I would rather camp. This place is really a shame because if it were managed properly it could be decent.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank loriwilkes2
DaysInnLD, Director of Sales at Days Inn Toledo, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
We do apologize you were not satisfied with your stay. Please contact me at the hotel to better address your concerns.
calgary
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Thought you should know, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The air conditioning does not work, in our room we were barely able to sleep because of the heat in the room. There is no way you could eat in the dining area, the heat was simply too hot. Last night there was some kind of situation in the parking lot of the hotel between, I hope, an off duty staff member and people staying in the hotel, yelling, swearing, and challenges to the guests by this person who at first was hanging out of her blue van. She did get out of her van and approach these people in the parking lot. The hotel clerk and a maintanence man stood just outside the hotel door and watched the situation. Then during the night when we were trying to sleep there were people banging on the wall between the rooms, people running up and down the halls, on both the main floor and second floor, there was so much yelling and screaming that I actually thought of calling the police. The bathroom in the room is so horrid, the shower and tub area has visible mold and cracks and the toliet seat is cracked in two different places, actually breaking the skin on my daughter's knee and made her bleed. And the water was brown when she first turned on the shower, it did eventually turn to a clear colour. The handle on the fridge in the room is also broken. I could go on, but I believe that you get the picture that this establishment is not up to anyone's standards. The sheets were ripped as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
#13 of 17 in Toledo
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
#10 of 17 in Toledo

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!