“For the money, no complaints”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Fort Myers, Florida
“For the money, no complaints”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I spent a night here June 5th as I has a quick in and out trip to Toledo. Normally stay at the Hampton on Alexis but due to the large rate difference for one night( $50) I decided to give it a try. Check was very prompt and very friendly especially as I arrived several hours before 3pm check-in. Room was clean and comfortable, showing it's age but comfortable bed, lots of channels and easy in and out, other than at rush hour. Lots of restaurants in the area and right off the interstate.
Perfect for the single traveler not looking for luxury but a quiet, comfortable place to spend the night. I will stay here again as I am in the Toledo area 6 or 8 times a year for a night or two.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MikeKFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
windsor
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My family and I were visiting the Toledo area for a few days, and heard about the Comfort and Clarion Inn hotels in the Westgate area of the city through friends. Chosing the Comfort for economic reasons, we were a little reluctanct, but were very pleasantly surprised!

Having children with us, we asked about a swimming pool or game room, and the very helpful manager at the front desk informed us that we were able to use the facilities at their sister property, the Clarion, convienently located yards away next door.
Our children appreciated having the pool, and game room, and it helped my wife and I to enjoy a couple of days away from home.
We also loved being able to order room service from the kitchen next door and having them bring it to our rooms at the Comfort.

We read some reviews on-line, and weren't sure what to expect, but would like those with children and staying in the area to find out for themselves. We are confident that you will be as happy with your stay as we were.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank jbopery
Waukesha WI
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We had a large group of people and of course we wanted to stay in the same place. I read the reviews and knew it sounded nasty but I did it anyway. We had to change rooms because they had "sprayed" to freshen the room!! Ya right!!!! We thought we were being poisoned.(confident it was bug spray) After we moved, they put our friends in there!!!! We couldn't wake them up in the morning, I thought they were dead! The carpets were really filthy throughout, they were even ripped in some areas. The doors were dirty , mold in the bathrooms, nothing worked and no one cared. It was even worse than the Comfort Inn that we had reservations at in Erie, PA that they wouldn't honor because we got there at 5:30!!!! Never, never will we stay at a Comfort Inn again (nor will anyone of the 35 people we were with. The Holiday Inn Express next door gave us a great price for a much, much nicer, cleaner room.

• Liked — We were able to leave
  • Disliked — That we had to stay
  • Stayed August 2008
2 Thank Hotham
Indiana
Reviewed 3 July 2008

The Comfort Inn hotel on Secor Rd in Toledo was a real disappointment for our family. Our main concern was cleanliness. There were sticky stains on wall and upholstered chair. Carpet was very dirty and very worn, air conditioner unit had sharp edges (danger for small children) non smoking room had distinct smell of smoking. Carpet was ripped. Breakfast area looked worn.
We were shown a second room and when we found it was not much of an improvement we decided we could not stay here. The manager didn't charge us for the first night since we had not unpacked

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Kimmey60
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 29 June 2008

This hotel is considered #3 in Toledo per Tripadvisor. For just a business weekend, I was only looking for a clean place to sleep. I did not find that at the Comfort Inn. I was offered another room, but both rooms had a bad smell, the carpets are stained and torn, the bedding is stained and even the walls had sticky somethings running down them. The first room had damage to the heating/cooling unit, it was broken with sharp plastic pieces that could catch on clothing or hurt a child. The tub has no plug, not that anyone would ever lie down in such a tub. I have not written a negative review until now, but felt that others should know that this is not a clean place to stay. See the pictures and decide for yourself.

Note: For clarity, this hotel does not have a pool, you are sent to a neighboring hotel's pool.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank SJL74
WV
Reviewed 26 April 2007

My husband and I stayed one night at the Comfort Inn last week. The price was right (about $62/night), the continental breakfast was quite good (love do-it-yourself belgian waffles!), and the property was clean. The biggest downfall was the bathroom size in our room...the door barely cleared the toilet. No room to move around at all! But if you are just looking for somewhere convenient to the interstate to stay for a night or two...not a bad deal.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FootlooseWV
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 March 2006

I just got back from a business trip to Toledo, Ohio. After not finding a good recommendation for the higher priced hotels in Toledo on TripAdvisor....I decided to just take my chances. So for trip to T-town in the third weekend in March 06 I booked the Comfort Inn on Alexis Road.
Let me just say it was better than several high end hotels I've stayed in...in the past.
For 50 bucks a night....yes you heard me 50 dollars a night...I got a great room. It was clean. Two queen beds----super comfortable! We had HBO and a ton of channels to watch on television. We got a free USA Today in the morning.
It doesn't end there for 50 bucks! They offered a nice breakfast in the morning. We had our choice of bagels, toast, fresh fruit, tasty coffee, homemade waffles. I know you're getting hungry.
Every morning you got a friendly hello from the hotel clerks. And someone was always cleaning...just keeping things sparking clean.
The night clerk was a super nice guy. And if you wanted extra towels...they were quick to hand them over. And yes the towels were soft, thick and big.
If you're wondering how we got the 50 buck stay a night...you had to stay 5 nights. But it was worth it for me and my son and husband.
I learned a big lesson...never pre-judge a hotel chain.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member