“They delivered on 100% customer satisfaction!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had booked this location as it was convenient for my one night business stay in Toledo. Upon check-in the desk clerk commented that they have 100% customer satisfaction. Sure I thought? But they delivered.
1. I received a hand written note by the manager welcoming to their hotel along with a bag of goodies (bottled water, toblerone chocolate, a granola bar, buckeyes, and gummi bears). I've never received this before at any Hampton Inn location.
2. There were chocolate kisses left on my nightstand with the following note: "we're so sorry you're away from home tonight. We'd like to make things better if we might. Before you jump into bed and turn off the light. Please enjoy this "kiss" goodnight". Again - a great touch as a business traveler (and one who just came off a 2 week vacation - so I wasn't necessarily in the mood for business travel yet).
3. The desk clerk called my room within 30 minutes of check in to see if everything was to my satisfaction and it was. Room was clean, spacious, the right temperature, etc.
4. Breakfast is fairly similar to other locations HOWEVER there was actual fresh fruit (versus their usual fruit in a jar version) - fresh pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, oranges, and papaya (and this was in Toledo and not the caribbean).
Was I 100% satisfied as a Hilton Honor's customer? Absolutely. The manager her and her staff had extra touches that were nice details that I've not received elsewhere. Keep up the great customer service Toledo-North!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JJODE

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Clean, clean, clean! Nice helpful desk people and staff. Upgraded our room because of a mix-up without even being asked. My husband thought I paid almost double what we did. Breakfast was above and beyond expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ML M
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this Hampton over Memorial weekend as part of a larger group. We were in town for the Pacesetter Soccer Tournament and we could not have picked a better place. While the rooms were a bit dated, they were very clean and satisfactorily set up. The hotel has a good lobby area that we used as a gathering place in the evening and for study tables in the afternoon between games (most of the players had finals the next week).

While most hotels are reluctant hosts for soccer team, this Hampton seemed to embrace it. Starting with the welcome letter from the Sales & Marketing Manager, a hand-colored soccer-themed sign in our room, to the general accommodations, recommending of places to eat, everything was done right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall. Most people do not use the stairs and there is not a lot of...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

You should drive the extra distance and find another Hampton Inn as this location one of worst ones I have stayed at in some time. It is very dated, in need of maintenance, and just not up to the standards I expect of a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: I got suck on the first floor and was kept awake all night given you heard noise from the entire sec...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff were really polite, friendly and helpful and made my stay very enjoyable The hotel delivers exactly what they advertise, it is one of the better hotels of this type that I have stayed at. Located in a commercial area but also handy for the Interstate, shops and restaurants

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Davey F
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were in town for a friend's graduation from the University of Toledo. Friendly staff, clean lobby and comfy room and the breakfast was nice too! Glad we stayed at Hampton Inn in Toledo. Would definitely stay again if we were visiting again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is probably the best Hotel to stay at in North Toledo for a family, wife and 18 month old son stayed here. Pretty good buffet breakfast, good location. Helpful, friendly staff. If you need a quick meal, fast food restaurants within walking distance. Other restaurants, Grocery stores, home improvement stores, Gas stations and other shopping nearby. Near Toledo Speedway, Raceway Park, and Ottawa River.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family