“Not refurbished well.”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Not refurbished well.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Had reservation ahead building exterior dingy but rooms are somewhat refurbished but devoid of all creature comforts. No fridge no microwave no coffee maker.We had to go on second floor for our room type and a refurbished room not convenient for us as we do not travel light.No breakfast but coffee and hot water for tea 24/7. Room was extremely small and furniture was ridiculously crammed against the king bed that was way too big for room. This refurbished room was poorly done. TV nice and new hard to get far enough away from it though lol! This room not worth the $60+
It cost.

• Stayed April 2014
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. My property is currently indergoing some updating. A painting crew is now on site to do a complete exterior paint job, including the doors. The are microfridges only in our deluxe rooms, Maybe one of these rooms would have been more suited to your needs, they are larger as well. Our refreshed rooms consist of a new bed, new carpet, a new linen package, new drapes, and a new flat screen television. I am sorry if this wasn't explained to you, we have not been renovated, just have some rooms that have been refreshed. I do hope you will give us a chnce again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Brampton, Ontario
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We spent one night at this hotel. We were placed at the back of the hotel on the lower level as we had our dog with us. The room was clean, bed was really comfortable. The carpets a little outdated but was okay for a one night stay. The paint was peeling on the outside doors but management had a notice at the front check-in stating that it was due to the extreme weather conditions over the winter. That would be corrected once the warmer weather came. That was very nice of them so guests would not get the wrong impression of the room.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel on the lower level. Was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us, I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. The painting should start in a few weeks, and it includes the whole exterior of the Inn. Thank you for your understanding concerning this! We look forward to a return visit from you!
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've been to many Red Roof Inns before, but this one was just terrible. We stopped here late at night, after we were driving for a many hours.

The main reason it was so bad, was because of the rooms. First, we didn't sleep get much sleep due to the disgusting beds. Our family didn't sleep under the blankets because there was cigarette stains and a long piece of hair. The sheets also just felt unwashed. The hotel just seemed so grimy. We received little service, and the service that we got, wasn't good.

Based on my experience at this hotel I suggest you do not stay here on any occasion.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nick L
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
I am so sorry you had that experience at my Inn. That is not normal for here. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, and the comfort of our brand new beds. Unfortunately, it seems we missed the ball with you. I would invite you to try us again, there is many things happening here to improve the hotel, and its appearance.
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had a good experience at this Red Roof Inn. I needed a place to stay on my own and hate spending a lot of money on hotels. This was clean, comfy, and located right where I needed to be. And the staff was very friendly, which always impresses me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Patty F
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our Red Roof Inn for your stay. I am very happy you enjoyed it, and look to your next stay with us.
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I think when the construction is done, this place will be a 5 but I could only give it a three today. The front desk staff was pleasant and friendly. Checkin and out was fast. Our room was mediocre and the price was too much for what it was. Our bathtub had hair in it and there was cob webs behind the bathroom door. The carpet was dirty. I'm not saying don't stay here...the bed wasn't the most comfortable but they are in the process of updating. I would stay here again...

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ford1665
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes, we are under construction, and due t that, things have been getting a little dusty. My staff is trying very hard to keep up with the mess, and I'm sure if you were to stay when it is done, you would have a completely different experience. We have also replaced nearly all of the carpets, and beds!! We feel we are taking a step in the right direction towards making this Inn a more clean, comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us, and for your continued support.
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

It is avarge hotel in toledo center, near many shoping area, restaurant and university. Room is small and poorly furnished comparing to price. Hotel needs some renovation.room without coeffe maker. Carpet is dirty.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of my property. Since your stay, all of our carpets have been professionally cleaned. We are checking into newer furniture as well. Please consider staying with us again should your lodging needs find you in the Toledo area.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was taking a trip from Michigan to Cincinnati over a weekend in October 2013 with a friend of mine, and we made reservations to stay at this particular Red Roof Inn - mainly because of three reasons: 1) the convenient location off I-475, 2) the price, and 3) the acceptable TripAdvisor reviews. In general, this Red Roof Inn was acceptable but not great.

The check-in process was a bit slower than it needed to be. My friend and I had two separate rooms on the third floor and were glad that this property has an elevator. Our rooms were fairly clean and were of course pretty basic. One thing I was trying to figure out was the question of why the alarm clocks in our rooms were not plugged in when we arrived. I like to look at the digital clock next to my bed if necessary, so I had to plug that in and set it (kind of annoying to have to do as a guest of the motel). The bed in my room was not very comfortable, and I didn't sleep all that well (maybe because I was coming down with a cold, but still... it could have been better). Another thing that was rather annoying was the fact that we could easily smell lots of cigarette smoke when we were walking along the third-floor walkway. The smoke was wafting from smokers down below or possibly from some guest rooms. Yuck.

In the morning the check-out process was quick and easy.

This Red Roof is very very basic if you just need an inexpensive place to crash for the night. Don't expect to get a great night's sleep. I don't really expect much from Red Roof Inns, and this one didn't really exceed my low expectations in any way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank New_friends_GR
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my Inn on Trip Advisor. It is unfortunate that the cigarette odor was coming up to where you were on the 3rd floor, I am truly sorry you experienced that. Please remember, if, at any hotel, you are not happy with your room, you can always call the front desk, and have them find you a room that is more comfortable. The clocks not being in surprises me, and i will have my housekeeping staff, and Maintenance staff check into all the rooms here, and make sure that, at that time, all the clocks are plugged in, and set for the correct time. Thank you for making me aware of that problem. This property has been scheduled to receive a good number of new beds. I am truly sorry that it hadn't already happened before your stay. I hope you would give us another chance to make sure you are satisfied if your lodging needs brings you through this area again.