“creative and GREAT food!”
Review of Bar 145

Bar 145
Ranked #58 of 703 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Wapakoneta, Ohio
“creative and GREAT food!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had been here over a year ago, and we really enjoyed our initial visit, so we suggested this as a dinner venue for a double date with a married couple friends of ours. Again, it did not disappoint. We visited on a very busy Friday night, so we did have to wait for 20 minutes or so to be seated, but that was ok. My wife and her girlfriend got mixed drinks from the bar. When we finally were seated, I ordered a Kentucjy Bourbon Ale drought beer, one that is hard for me to NOT order when it is on draught. They did have a handful of other beers on draught, but nothing that appealed much to me. Bottle selection was pretty good, as well. For dinner, I ordered a salmon dish that was served on a pretzel bun with avacado on top with a side of truffle fries. M wife ordered a burger with the maple Mac and cheese as a side. While my salmon was good, I wish I had ordered a burger like I had on our first visit. Their burgers are paired with unusual ingredients, and the results are always fantastic. The maple Mac was absolutely excellent, though. Total price for two entrees, a beer, and two mixed drinks, with tax was under $40.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank aceswildtru

“Awesome”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have a new favorite place to explore. As it happened, we traveled to Toledo for soccer.

The boys always need fed and we were looking for a place that would possibly have the UEFA champion's league game.

We ended up at Bar 145. No game but the food was amazing. First, I have to say that it's not every day that you see charcuterie on a menu. Sweet! Accessible foodie menu.

Second, there's a great sandwich menu. I had the Bar BLT. Fried egg, gouda, and too many other great things to mention. Oh and I would be remiss if I failed to mention the maple mac& cheese. Yummm! Bottom line: it was all fantastic! And since there is also one in my home city, I will be able to spend more time diving into the menu.

“145?”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We order our burgers at 145, what we got were well done burgers. Odd to name your restaurant something you cant consistantly provide. They did offer to remake them, but the first one took 20 minutes to get. Additionally, the sauces/toppings that were supposed to be on my burger were undetectable...it was very bland. Since I went to this restaurant based upon trip advisor, I thought I would warn everyone that this is not top 10, but just average food.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Christy8787
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were treated badly at Bar 145 Saturday night, March 9, 2014. We arrived at 4:45 and saw that there was a band setting up to play. The hostess "refused" to seat us saying that she was not allowed to let children in after 5:00. I asked my husband what time it was (I thought it was about 4:00) and he said 4:45. So he asked for clarification because we couldn't tell if she was warning us about the loud music that was going to start after 5:00 or was refusing to seat us. My husband asked her if we could be seated since it wasn't yet 5:00 and she responded in a very irritated and nasty tone, "well, are you going to be done eating by 5:00"? At this point we should have just left but we were hungry and just wanted to get in and out quickly so decided to stick it out. She said she would talk to the manager and she stormed away. She returned just a few seconds later, complained some more that a band was starting, it was going to be loud and that they didn't want children there but said the manager said we could be seated.

She took us to our seat and we could tell that she was very, very ticked off. The restaurant looked like it was starting to get crowded and the only open seats were in the very back (furthest away from the band) and right next to the stage. Where did she take us, yep, right next to the stage. Again, we should have probably just left. So, apparently all of the concern about the band being too loud for a child was not true at all or else we would have been seated in the back.

As soon as I hit the seat, I laid my Groupon on the table (I had it in my hand). The waitress was there to greet us and immediately said that she would not honor our Groupon because it was only for lunch. I told her that the Groupon said NOTHING about being for lunch and she tried to point to something on the Groupon but there was nothing on the Groupon that said anything about lunch so then she quickly snapped, "well, when you bought it online, it clearly said only for lunch".

At this point I'm thinking that I've entered the twilight zone because we've been here many, many times and have always been treated with respect and as a valued customer. After I told her a couple of times that the Groupon said nothing about just for lunch, she just sort of stared at me so I said, well, we might as well just leave. She said absolutely nothing as my family got up and left.

Toledo has many, many good restaurants to choose from. If you get treated poorly at one, there are a couple dozen that are equally as good that will value your business and treat you well. Fortunately there are several good burger places near Bar 145. Nick and Jimmy’s and Famous Dave’s are both very good. We went to Famous Dave’s and, though we didn’t have a Groupon, were treated very well there and had a delicious meal.

I left a message on Bar 145's website but they did not respond to my message. So, if you have a problem here, don't expect to hear back from management.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank kaymiller2014
Dundee, Michigan, United States
“Awesome food & atmospere”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We love this place, they have the most amazing & different food choices. I particularly enjoy the maple bacon mac & cheese. My husband likes the meatballs. The have wonderful drink choices and nice bands playing. We want to go on a Wednesday for the $5 burger & $5 martini night, but every time we get the chance the weather does not cooperate, hopefully next week. It is a place you must visit & try some amazing food that you probably haven't seen anywhere else.

Visited March 2014

Been to Bar 145? Share your experiences!