“Gotta Love Packo's”

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Being a native Toledoan, I've eaten at Tony Packo's plenty of times. The restaurant is always busy and the food is top notch. I'm a big chili dog eater and there are none better than those at Packo's. The signed hot dog buns on the walls are points of interest as well as the food. Movie stars, sports figures, anybody who is anybody has eaten at Packo's. The menu is diverse but aimed at the working class in my opinion. This is comfort food at it's best. There is also Packo's At the Park. That location is a two minute walk from 5/3 Field, Home of the Triple A Toledo Mudhens, the minor league team of the Detroit Tigers. Which ever location you visit, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stopped here for lunch on my way to Detroit. I used Tripadvisor to help pick the place to eat. Thank you all! This location is right across from the Toledo Mudhens ball park so I would check their schedule before heading over. I imagine it gets pretty busy on a game day. When we arrived we were given the choice of ordering from the counter (and then taking the food to a booth) or getting table service in the front room. We opted for table service. We shared a full order of fried pickles and peppers for an appetizer. These were delicious. Never had deep-fired peppers before - yum. We each ordered the Original Hot Dog (a Hungarian sausage split in 2). That came with mustard, onions & Tony's famous chili sauce. My friend had shredded cheese added to his. Let me first say, for anyone who's been in the Cincinnati area, the chili sauce here is *real* chili, not Cincy chili. Yay! (I hate Cincy chili.) For a side we each had an order of Classic Paprikas Dumplings. OMG. The dogs were great, the chili was great, the dumplings were super-great. I need to come back to Toledo specifically to eat at Tony's again. I want to try more of their menu. My friend wants to try the MOAD, "the biggest hot dog you'll ever eat."

1  Thank CovingtonCat
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ever since watching Mash, I have always wondered if there really was a Tony Paco's. restaurant. Well, there is and boy am i glad. Waitresses do not come to your table. You are handed a menu at the table and your on your own. Pick what you want, go to the front, order it, and wait. This restaurant was empty when we got there at 5 PM, but by 6, it was packed. The food was delicious. I ordered the burger and fries, but this menu is filled with Hungarian dishes. Whatever is in that sauce is wonderful. All refills on drinks are free. The walls are filled with pictures of movie stars, political people, and anyone you would know has a plaque. We sat by the big picture of the 4077th Mash unit. I loved it there. Staff were very friendly and food wonderful. Sat there and waited for Klinger to walk in, but no luck. If your in the Toledo area, please check this restaurant out. When the bill came, my husband took care of it. For 4 people, our bill was under $35.00. Nice people, good food and not expensive, what more could You want.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I came. I ate. I was fulfilled as always!

Tony Packo's is a can't miss restaurant. It has been there since the ancient times of ever and I hope, in my lifetime, will never become extinct along with other Toledo favs. It is on my must list whenever I return to my old homestead.

My repeated meal is the chili and dog and it usually takes me 2 hours to eat it because I savor every bite. The succotash is a tasty...in fact, EVERYTHING is tasty!!

The added bonus are the gazillion framed hot dog buns that decorate the walls of the restaurant, signed by celebrity visitors. They also have a small but fully stocked gift shop.

DO NOT MISS!! It's legendary!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Always eat dinner here when we are in the area. Fun to see all the autographed hotdog buns that decorate the walls. Delicious food...make sure to try the fried pickles! And cabbage rolls! And paprikash! Mmmmm!