“Average Hotel, a little out of the town”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo North
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Average Hotel, a little out of the town”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. it was the usual stuff as far as the room size, decor and amenities were concerned, that you expect from a Fairfield Inn. Staff is nice and vey helpful. There is a supermarket bang opposite the hotel, which is very convenient.

Would surely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
MI
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We literally picked this hotel solely for a little couples' getaway. We wanted a nice suite, close to shopping and restaurants and quiet. We got 2 of the 3.

Our room was ready a little early and the check-in lady was VERY friendly and attentive. Everything was in order, the pricing was correct. Unfortunately, our 2nd floor jacuzzi suite room was literally across from the elevator and ice maker. We thought of switching because we could hear everything, but decided not to. Our room faced the next-door industrial trucking plant, so the view was not optimal, but we didn't book the room for that.

In my opinion, the "suite" was more like a larger room with a jacuzzi in the middle of it. The fridge came in handy and we fit a lot of snacks and drinks in it. We didn't use the microwave, but it was nice and clean. The room was spacious, clean and updated. To note, because of the jacuzzi, there are shutters that separate the "room" from the bathroom, so if you have the shutters open, you see right into the toilet area. If you're not on "personal" terms with who you're staying with, you'll need to shut those shutters every time you use the bathroom.

The jacuzzi was large enough to comfortably fit 2 adults. The bathroom was very clean with the basic amenities. The water pressure and temperature were perfect although the counter could've been a bit larger for 2 people.

The King bed had lots of pillows to choose from, but we found the bed to be a bit too firm. The blankets and sheets were clean and soft. Unfortunately, there were some baseball and softball teams in town and they were allowed to run around and yell in the halls and above our room until 1am on our first night. We didn't get much sleep. Being by the elevator made it worse. Luckily, the next night was dead silent.

The breakfast buffet is nice: variety of breads, pastries, sausage, scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, burritos, yogurts, fresh fruit, make your waffles, juices and coffees. It was more than enough to fill you with carbs, fruits and proteins. The outside patio area looked clean and well kept. Nice for sitting outside for conversation, a snack or a nice book. The lobby was very nice, it gave you an "upscale" feel when you walked in and it had a small snack store. We didn't use the pool or fitness room, but we took a peek and both areas were immaculate.

We weren't ready for it being literally next door to a race track which has regular Friday night races. We were worried of the traffic and noise, but we heard NOTHING. We felt very safe.

The hotel was convenient to the highway, Bob Evans, fast food restaurants, a mall, movies, mini-golf and go-carts. We'd stay here again as long as we weren't near the elevator.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Turkoize
London, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night, Good location. Staff was fine. Room was a little worn however. Needs an update. Bed not very comfortable. The one positive is the location. Close to interstate and right near grocery/department store and restaurants. Would not stay at this one again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel. I booked online for June 11th check in and June 12th Check out. I booked a King Suite with four people and selected the feather free option due to severe allergies of my husband. Booking was easy. Check in was great. The lobby was clean and the front desk staff was polite and welcoming. He went over our room details with us which included the feather free option that I had selected during booking. I was given my keys, informed of the breakfast, pool hours and restrictions on no smoking etc.

We were in room 321 on the 3rd floor. The room was large and the decor was nice. We had a large bathroom, living room area with a foldout couch,tv and desk and a large king bed with a tv behind a small half wall. Our view was of the delivery bay of a shipping company ( Where all the semi trucks back their trailers into. I didn't hear much noise from it which was a bonus.)

Our bathroom was stocked 3 bath towels for 4 people and I had to go to the front desk for a 4th one.

Out of habit I check all the pillows in the room to be sure they are not feather pillows. On our bed we had 5 pillows. One of them was a feather pillow. I called down to the front desk and asked to exchange the pillow. I was a little disappointed that I had to check the pillows since I did book the feather free room. The front desk staff said they would take care of it immediately. He was upstairs to retrieve the pillow in about 10 minutes and then brought us another pillow. He apologized for the inconvenience. this may not seem like a big deal to someone else but to my husband it is. If he had laid on that pillow it would have meant a trip to the ER for a massive asthma attack. Not to mention the end of our trip since we would have had to return home due to him being ill.

The pool was kind of gross. It had a film on top of the water when we came in. Probably too many chemicals. My kids enjoyed swimming in it.

The breakfast was your typical hotel options. Cereal, waffles, fruit, yogurt etc and was pretty good.

I would probably stay here again but would seek out other options first.

Room Tip: Ask to not be on the side of the hotel where the delivery trucks are. If you are a light sleeper the...
1 Thank megb2084
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed one night while in town for a baseball tournament. We were very happy with the easy check-in, the cleanliness of our room, and the helpfulness of the manager on duty. We were a large group with a boys' baseball team and came back to the hotel to swim and eat dinner after a long, hot day. The pool was small but the kids had a great time and didn't care. There was a patio right outside the pool area with chairs for us adults to hang out. We ordered pizza in for our group and the manager was very helpful in offering plates and utensils so we could in the breakfast area.

The entire hotel looks newly remodeled and was very clean. Our bed was probably the most comfortable bed we've ever had in a hotel. The pillows were OK, but we always bring our own anyway. The bathroom was very clean and water pressure was perfect.

Breakfast in the morning was crowded as there were many teams staying here. They had the basics and it was included, so why not? The staff person working the waffle station seemed completely overwhelmed and when she told us she'd have to stop making waffles because she needed to clean and restock the rest of the buffet, my husband offered to make our own waffles. He didn't care, but it seemed like they needed one more person to help this lady out on a busy Sunday morning.

We were very happy with our experience and would stay here again if in the area.

3 Thank Kristen P
Randolph, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed in room 122 (June 2, 2014) and it was very clean. This is what we have come to expect from a Fairfield Inn and the one here did not disappoint. I left my pillow in the room and called about it later in the evening but was put on hold for ??? - Had to hang up because my cell phone minutes were running out...but didn't really matter cause I was going to tell them to throw it away as it wasn't worth sending it to my home. It would probably cost more for shipping then buying a new pillow would. I was so disappointed though in losing my comfy cozy pillow because I find hotel pillows to be MUCH too thick for comfort. The food here was the usual fare, waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, muffins, bagels, toast etc. and tasted fine. The service staff was very friendly as well. I will stay here again if I am ever in Toledo.

Room Tip: Room 122 is just around the corner from front desk, front doors, and the breakfast room.
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is one of many newly renovated or new Fairfield Inns across America. Clean, good value and pleasant ambience with convenient food service in the spacious lobby. Extra bonus points if you are a Marriott reward member.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business