“This place is a dump”

Toledo Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Do not be fooled by the pictures or even the front entrance or by the claim that they have remodeled. This place is a total dump. Everything stinks like febreeze covering urine and smoke. Everything is dirty and caulked. No fan in the bathroom....tub looked dirty and rusty. If I hadn't been locked in by a soccer tournament we would have left immediately. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Ramada_Hotel, Assistant Manager at Toledo Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

I sincerely apologize that your experience during your recent stay was not satisfactory. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve but to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We do understand that our renovations have not yet been completed and it seems that you were not in one of the most recently renovated areas. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and give us the chance to rectify your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Friends and I stayed there one night while running the Glass City Marathon. They were the host hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms need work. We had adjoining rooms. Ours had newer carpet. They second room had iron imprints on the carpet! The bed sheets were worn and thin, though the comforter looked a little newer. The bathroom was clean but old. The shower/tub drain was not draining properly. We had asked them to fix it while we were out running the race but they did not :o( It was, however, convenient to the University where the race started and the room rate was very good. They are renovating, so I would try it again after the renovation if we run this race again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel changes hands every year or two, it seams. We stay here every year because it is near to family and it takes dogs, and we've seen the hotel deteriorate over the years. This year, with another name change, the hotel is undergoing renovation. Our room was one which had been renovated and it was tastefully done. We were pleased. We are sort of stuck in our ways, and I bring tea and a pot so we can have tea in the morning or evening. Alas, the coffee maker in our room only makes one cup of hot water at a time. This wouldn't work for a pot of tea. When I called the desk to see if there was anyplace I could get hot water for my tea, I was told -- and I quote -- "No." Not, "Im sorry, we aren't equipped for that at this time..." or "I really wish we did, but we don't have that yet!" Just "No."

I was also a little disturbed when I got our bill and I noticed a $30 PER DAY dog fee which hadn't been discussed with us when I made the reservation. Thirty dollars a day for a dog that has stayed there for 6 years and never caused any trouble? And without telling me first? I felt taken advantage of. They said I had to pay, but when the manager came in she would refund the pet fee. I haven't seen the bill yet to see if she did, but I'm keeping an eye out for it.

The other thing I have to mention is the godawful carpet they chose for the hallways. THe only way to describe it is psychodelic hair sphincters. I said something along the lines of "Well, the place will look much better once they replace this hideous carpetting" and she pointed out that the carpet was new. I will try to upload a picture of the carpet because no one believes it until I show them the picture.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aidan G
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at the Ramada for one night with our two grand daughters and the dog. We needed pet friendly with an indoor pool and that is hard to come by in Toledo. The hotel was really outdated, but clean and the staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Also, we were pleasantly surprised to see that the final bill was less expensive than expected. The pool and hot tub were fun, clean and really expansive.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed one night at this average hotel. The rooms are outdated but a sign indicated that they are in the process of renovating the rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is really nothing remarkable about this place, nor anything absolutely horrible. It served its purpose in providing a convenient location. As an aside, our alarm went off at maximum radio volume at about 3 in the morning. Ugh.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

i stayed at the ramada inn twice in august. both times the staff was very happy to give us directions and tips about the area. our room was very nice and comfortible. i would recomend this hotel to all parents of ut students. the location is perfect and the hotel is also

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We read the reviews and decided to stay at the Ramada because it was close to family evnts. We were pleased with our room. Yes, it is an older hotel, but staff were pleasant, other residents were enjoyable, and it was quiet!!
It was fun to watch the preparations and the participants of Birthday Party, High School Reunion, and Wedding that weekend. All were having a good time.
We had breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel and were directed to other places when we needed them. Mancy's Itailian Food was great and don't miss Manhattan...especially their Sunday Brunch.

Room Tip: Enjoy the pool