“Central location; very pleasant”
Review of Park Inn Toledo

Park Inn Toledo
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Athens, Ohio
“Central location; very pleasant”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is located beside the Huntington Center and very convenient if you are attending an event there. The staff were terrific, especially the reception. My room was on 11th floor and overlooking the Toledo Mud Hens stadium. I had a skybox seat for their game. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had good lighting even if not particularly fashionable. I had breakfast in the hotel two mornings and was served quickly. All in all, a good experience and at a reasonable price.
The general are of the hotel in Toledo is very much that of a ghost town, so do not expect to be able to be out and around on the street in the evening.

Room Tip: Get a room high overlooking the baseball stadium.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
brandy_jordan, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your time and staff here at the Park Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Three Rivers, MI, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Was in Toledo to enjoy a Toledo Mudhens game with my wife and son. Was very close to the activities we were there to enjoy, but overall I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the floors in our room, the room amenities were outdated (4x3 tube tv), the vending on our floor was lacking standard snack fare and the pop machine was inoperable. Overall value was poor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Bob T
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn by Radisson standards. We do greatly appreciate your business and would love the chance to change your mind about our property in the future!
Appleton, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. If you are staying in Toledo this is the place to stay if i am every in the area again i will definitely be staying at the Park Inn. The parking garage was also very convenient. The price for parking was better than some of the other places I have stayed around the country.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed your time here in Toledo. We hope to see you again!
Toledo, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Park Inn is a great place to stay. It's local to the Mud Hens and Huntington Center. The room was clean. We had a sleep number bed which was unexpected. All in all it met our satisfaction. I would recommend this facility to my family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I never been to Toledo, and I thought getting a hotel downtown would be an awesome place. I got a great price on Priceline that I couldnt beat. The cab drops me off in front and I think this seems to be nice. I get in super early so I can not check in. So I look outside to see if there is anything to do. Every storefront in front of the hotel is vacant. The hotel next door is vacant too, and a major eye sore. Which gave me a sign of how this town was, I felt like I was at a big hotel in a ghost town. The lobby is nice, and I thought my room will be nice too. I have stayed at Park Inn before, so this one was nothing like the ones I have stayed at. The room was out dated, nothing special. But the bed was comfortable. I took a nap and woke up itchy, so I looked at my legs and I had bumps. I called down to front desk and they bring up someone to check it out. Then few minutes later they call me back and say a manager will be up with new room keys. They move me to top floor, I am thinking wow thats nice. Its same room, nothing different. LOL. But it was very nice of them, they wanted to make my stay right. They also gave me a free breakfast voulcher for their onsite resturaunt. Which in its self is weird, but I was happy. The girl at front desk was amazing, and the manager made sure things were right.

The resturaunt is some kind of Japanese fusion, it says outside, but you really dont know what it is. They serve normal breakfast, which was good but service was slow, and tables were not cleaned off, and set unclean the whole time I was there. If you want to eat around there, be prepared to eat at bars or walk aways to other places. They do have a shuttle that will take you in 2mile radius and the guy who ran it was really good. Overall it was an okay stay. I thank god I didnt pay full price for the hotel, because their rate is not worth the price, Id suggest finding a deal like I did on Priceline.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here a few weeks back for a business trip. Picked this place b/c it was a couple blocks from my appt, and in the heart of downtown. It was a 45 minute 2 road drive from Detroit Airport (sweet).

Nice place, the people were super nice - front desk, restaurant, etc. - the one issue we had (2 rooms) was that it smelled like someone spilled their spit bottle. Which makes total sense given we had a triple A ballfield on one side of us, and an event/basketball arena on the other. It was honestly pretty near unbearable.

That said - there's literally nothing to do in Toledo, day or night, unless there's a concert or ball game. There's a lot of great bars and restaurants a short stroll away, and the ball field is literally next door.

The hotel itself was great, from a cleanliness and staffing perspective, and the restaurant on site was good too. Just watch out for the chew rooms, as it's pretty clear that some players have spilled their bottles in there on more than one occasion.

Room Tip: Honestly, if it smells even a tad off, even the non-smoking rooms, ask to move. It does not go away...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

After reading a number of mixed reviews we felt that the location was a chance worth taking. I agree that perhaps some areas are a little tired looking, but during our experience the tired parts were well taken care of and very presentable. Our room and bathroom was very clean and we overlooked the ball park for which we were in town for. The parking was plenty and very convenient. The Park Inn is within walking distance to a number of establishments including the Mud Hens and the Oliver House home to some great restaurants and the Maumee Bay Brewing Company which was also a great experience this stay. I would definitely stay here again – it met my expectations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends