“Business Traveler's Hotel Choice”

Radisson at The University of Toledo
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Kansas City, Missouri
“Business Traveler's Hotel Choice”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I have had many weekly stays since August and continue to find this hotel is a one that is consistently welcoming, attentive, clean, and comfortable. It is located next to the University of Toledo Medical Center and close to many franchise restaurants. Be sure to visit the bar and meet a great bartender, Scott.

Room Tip: There is no spa but it does have an indoor pool for lap swimming and a small workout room. Rooms on...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I was here on business, and I've stayed before. The hotel itself is quite nice, all staff seem friendly, and the rooms are nice.
Beds are comfortable and the pillows are plentiful and in good shape. Linens are soft and nice, towels are of good quality.
My travel planner screwed up my reservation (I think she hates me or something) and they did not have a King bed. Nor did they have my honors # and even when I gave it to the guy at the desk he could not pull it up (but he was allegedly a manager, not a front desk clerk, so that may have something to do with it) Due to the screw up with my reservations, they did give me a couple of drink coupons, even though the screw up was my travel person, and not theirs.

They have a nice looking indoor pool and one of these times, I will actually have time to use it I hope.

My meetings were in the hotel, so I can comment on the catering. For the most part it was good. The Mexican lunch was the best; least favorite was the cold cuts and potato salad - blah. The room attendant for the meetings was the same every day and she was very nice.

Room Tip: Especially if you have a "travel planner" call ahead and make sure they have your reservat...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Mi
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My family stayed here for one night in June of 2012. The hotel is nice enough and clean. I did wait in line (only one couple in front of me) to Check-in for a very long time. My request for some extra coffee in our room never happened. We were also never told that there was some kind of construction going on and only figured that out when we heard the loud pounding before 9 am. We did not use the pool, although it appeared to be nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hiltontol, Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
November 1, 2012

Dear Swtsunshine,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Toledo Hilton. We understand that you had many choices in the Toledo area and are delighted you chose to stay with us. We do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. It is not the type of experience we would like our guest to have and when brought to our attention we can address the issues. Our passion is exceeding our guest’s expectations daily and to make everyone feel cared for, valued and respected! Again we apologize for the inadequate service levels from your June stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2012

we stayed there for two days for my friends doughter's orientation at the university of toledo. There is not a single thing to complain, very clean and mostly i like the staff they were nice and kind to us. I specially loved the large pool and excercise room, housekeepers are doing great job. again in future this is the only place i am going to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed at the Hilton in Toledo for a recent family event. The hotel was centrally located to all of the places we needed to be. The rooms were in good shape, clean and comfortable. The gym was great, and the hotel has a large pool. Best of all, we had a great rate (with AAA), and we received good value for the price. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Hotel was nice enough but room was outdated. Pool was very large. Staff at front desk was helpful and upgraded us at no extra charge to a king suite.

PROS: Room was available prior to check in time of 3:00 pm. Outlets were lighted and makeup mirror in bathroom had night light type setting. The room had a lot of lighting and seating. The refrigerator was large and there was a lot of cupboards. The lobby was updated and contemporary. The hotel and room smelled great. The towels were large and fluffy. The wet bar sink strainer broke and it was fixed when we returned from being out. We were surprised by two bottles of water and fresh baked cookies when we returned as well. Room was quiet even though we were by the lobby and ice machine.

CONS: Room had cobwebs in a recessed light fixture, burned out lightbulb in vanity area that had no mirror and one light switch did not want to turn back off without persuation. TV was old style non-High Definition. The room had a strange design - it appeared there were Murphy beds (2) behind the king size bed??? There was no fan in the bathroom. The TV did not move or swivel making it hard to view for all areas in the room. The curtains were too short and let in light in the morning. The decor was outdated. The bathtub had a very scratchy bottom and was narrow and difficult to climb out of. The nightstands were oversized end tables with no storage drawer. There was not updated outlets for the computer desk - we had to climb under to plug in our laptop.

We drove about 10 miles down the road to the Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysbury and it is newer and in a shopping/walking area. The honor points we were charged were the same and we would have been okay with paying the extra $30 per night on the price shown on the internet.

We are planning on returning to the area for the 100% smoke free Hollywood casino down the road and will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Hotel only has one entrance through the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa D
Blacklick, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2012

When I walked into this 4 star plus hotel, I was greeted by as many as four employees offering assistance. That's how my two day stay went. Excellent restaurant and service, professional and friendly receptionists, a bellhop ready to assist in any way and housekeeping personnel who do a perfect job. If you are staying there due to the very close proximity to University of Toledo Medical Center and have a family member being treated there, ask for the special rate of $79. That is another nice touch. Not very far from downtown Toledo and a few miles from the Ohio Turnpike and I-475.

Room Tip: Ask for special rate if you are visiting a hospitalized patient.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family