“Did not know what to expect but was very impressed”

Radisson at The University of Toledo
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights on the first weekend in June for a softball tournament and enjoyed this hotel very much.The rooms were clean,the staff was friendly and the restaurant was very good.We ordered 2 breakfasts and one dinner from the restaurant and were impressed every time.

Room Tip: Do not forget the restaurant in this hotel.The food is wonderful and very friendly staff as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wallycoxx

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have been traveling to Toledo for about 12 years now and usually stay in the Holiday Inn or Courtyard Marriott in Maumee just because it is close to our office. My wife and I decided to fly in for the Glass City Marathon and wanted to be close to the race. I came across this property but was a little alarmed but some of the reviews, the neighborhood (I live in the area for several years and no that's not the "ideal area") as well as the fact it was recently deflagged Hilton. I can rest assure prospective fellow travelers that this place is very well run, very clean, and unfortunately for them...very empty. While there were quite a few soccer teams in on Saturday night, they went out of their way to ensure we got on the 6th floor away from what little ruckus there was. Hot tub was nice, the dude at the bar was awesome. They do need to get their marketing act together - it was very difficult to find the phone number to make a reservation and (obviously) you no longer can book through Hilton.com or the OTAs. Also, the property is on Toledo Medical Center campus and is very safe. So if you find yourself in Toledo, I would highly recommend "The Toledo Hotel". Hopefully, for their sake, they will be a Doubletree...or at least something by then.

Room Tip: ask for the 6th floor facing away from the hospital.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is no longer a Hilton property, but the staff is still the same: always helpful and friendly. We had meetings here and I stayed at this hotel for the third time. Everything worked very well. Will continue to be back here when in Toledo.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife, two teenage kids and I just returned from four nights at the Hotel at the Toledo Medical College. As others mentioned, this hotel is no longer the Toledo Hilton, and I believe you can only reserve rooms by phone. We stayed in two adjoining rooms, and found everything still to be similar to when this was a Hilton (they just taped over some of the Hilton signs). The minibars are now mini refrigerators (note that there's a temperature adjustment on the back of these; ours froze the yogurts we had stored in them). The hotel was very clean, and well serviced, and we liked the changes to the lobby. Hotel guests are still allowed to use the track and fitness center at the medical center which is a big plus for being able to work out in the winter. All in all, we were happy we decided to stay here despite the loss of the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gbob
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This hotel has the BEST staff who all go out of their way to make one welcome and comfortable. In my experience, everyone - from the bellmen to reception to housekeeping to restaurant staff and bar etc. does everything possible for your comfort. However, the management desperately needs to keep the Hilton status - hopefully a Hampton or Doubletree. Many of us are regulars and we miss our Hilton points and the Hilton "experience". In addition, the "tone" of the hotel (especially the lobby) without the Hilton oversight is changing. For example, the comfortable leather couches in the lobby have just been replaced with the ugliest, cheapest-looking, most uncomfortable modern seats and plastic illuminated, square tables that (to most) appear "tacky". Not sure why? it looked a lot classier before. The guest rooms are also in need of updating (flat TV screens etc.). Hopefully this hotel that is so ideally situated for the University (and with the greatest staff) will find the right partner soon.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We had to arrive at 3am and the receptionist guy informed us that he does not recommend the hotel since it has just been stripped of being a Hilton. He offered finding us a new hotel even though we booked at this hotel two weeks in advance. But it was 3am so I asked to please have a room here. He printed our receipt for the night and the hotel was called "Hilto" not Hilton. We were concerned a bit if our credit car information was safely stored due to these changes. But the room was pretty good and clean. We were awoken at 8am by the roomer cleaners not because they knocked on our door but because they were speaking really loudly in the halls. The pool was nice, and location is good. There is security so no worries there.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This place was DROPPED by Hilton as of the new year, and I can see why. I am trying to get my confirmation # from Dec.29, all i get is the runaround.

The reason I have an issue to begin with, is that at the on-site restaurant, I mentioned I cannot eat dairy, and stressed this. I asked which breakfast items contain dairy. I was told the eggs were safe.

After eating the eggs, I asked about them again, just to make sure. They said that it contains cream. Well, that messed up my return trip home, as I am lactose-intolerant. We had to stay another night on the way home because we couldn't make the trip due to my sickness.

Now I can't get a simple confirmation number (which was NEVER given to me in the first place).

I'd advise everyone to steer clear of this dump. Oh ya, the pool area was FREEZING! I mean, the air was extremely cold, shivering cold...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family